THINGS THAT P##S ME OFF.

Started by Canalman, November 30, 2006, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

The approx. 10% of the population who STILL don't know how to use a f**king bank machine.

Young teenagers on the bus having a conversation all passengers can hear; when all they have to talk about is American pop rock acts.

The women who work in my office who ask me for help when they make their daily c**k up on their PC - and the fact I'm not rude enough to tell them to f**k off and that the adult IT classes are held on a Saturday Morning!

Irish League Football.

never kickt a ball

People who shout for a hop ball before the referee throws it up
People who shout 50 when a 45 is awarded

charlie linkbox

Those who don't pay attention to the sermon at mass.

Gnevin

Quote from: Canalman on November 30, 2006, 09:22:43 PM
Vaguely remember a thread like this on last board and I need to get it off my chest so here goes:-

2 Pronouncing Dun Laoghaire as "Dunleary"

How do you pronounce it ?  Not  Duin Learagh because that annoys the crap out of me

Dublin Bus

People who stop in the  box junctions

People who say "You dubs"

Getting paid by the month

People for the north who believe everything bad that happens to them is a anti north thing

"Soccer fans" who sit in the pub with their back too the , would never consider listening to a match on the radio and call 20 seconds interest in the sports bulletin as support
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bod Mor

A buc with a Liverpool avatar on a gaa message board!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

screenexile

Oh please don't get me started

1. Wimmin's gossip magazines
2. People who can not be objective at football matches... your team are bound to give away frees every game why protest about every one?????
3. People who have 14 'God' written on their football jersey's (What county could they be from??).... it is blasphemous you know!
4. The DUP
5. Bouncers on a power trip
6. The word 'innit'
7. Scientology and all scientology related things
8. Dubliners who refer to anywhere outside of Dublin as being 'Down the country'
9. People who sing "I don't see any London in Tyrone". Half of the people who sing it are staunch Sinn Fein supporters and would usually be happy to castigate any Unionist who might refer to the Oak Lef county as Londonderry.
10. Cork people's complete arrogance with regard to Roy Keane (If he burnt down an orphanage they'd say "Sure weren't they only knackers in the first place, boy"), the Cork Hurling team ("Sure Sean Og invented hurling boy") and the Munster Rugby team ("Sure Munster are the only Rugby team in Ireland boy, Rog is a legend and Humphries is a langer!")

I think I have gone on enough, I will submit more in a while!

charlie linkbox

J70

Bad drivers.
Extremists and bigots of any stripe.
Waiting.
Creationists who insist on having their unsupported fairy tales taught in science class.
Intellectual dishonesty.

Pangurban

Political Correctness
Multiculturism
Racism
Foul Language
Yobbish Behaviour
The Term...All right minded people
Pat Kenny

belleaqua

Agree with majority of above, heres two things not mentioned that really piss me off, although one of them is no ones fault but my own.

A load of change fallin out of my pocket when iv jeans with big pockets on, and it fallin down under the couch. Get awful angry for some reason.

Just after landing from a perfect flight and half the people on the plane starts clapping. FFS isnt that their job, its not like I landed the thing. Again I dont know why I get so pissed off but I feel the need to stand up and tell everyone to shut the f**k up. But thats not allowed in recent years so have to keep it all inside.

stephenite

Quote from: belleaqua on December 01, 2006, 01:29:58 AM
Just after landing from a perfect flight and half the people on the plane starts clapping. FFS isnt that their job, its not like I landed the thing. Again I dont know why I get so pissed off but I feel the need to stand up and tell everyone to shut the f**k up. But thats not allowed in recent years so have to keep it all inside.

Know exactly what you mean, if a wing had fallen off and engine failed and they managed to land safely I'd clap, but this sort of shite really sickens my hole.

No offence menat towrads our resident pilots on here either ;)

J70

Quote from: stephenite on December 01, 2006, 01:54:37 AM
Quote from: belleaqua on December 01, 2006, 01:29:58 AM

Know exactly what you mean, if a wing had fallen off and engine failed and they managed to land safely I'd clap, but this sort of shite really sickens my hole.

No offence menat towrads our resident pilots on here either ;)

I've seen it in one or two flights (both Transatlantic).

I suppose there are a lot of nervous flyers out there!

charlie linkbox

Yeah I think it's more an expression of relief on behalf of nervous flyers than anything else. I wouldn't get too upset about that.

Office speak though, that does my nut in.

I don't want to touch base with a colleague to do a sanity check on my work, without reinventing the wheel though, so that we're on a sound footing going forward.

Bollox!

J70

Quote from: charlie linkbox on December 01, 2006, 02:09:00 AM
Yeah I think it's more an expression of relief on behalf of nervous flyers than anything else. I wouldn't get too upset about that.

Office speak though, that does my nut in.

I don't want to touch base with a colleague to do a sanity check on my work, without reinventing the wheel though, so that we're on a sound footing going forward.

Bollox!

"A sanity check on your work"???

I'd never heard of that one! ;D

never kickt a ball

People who talk about everything being "common sense".