The OWC/GAA Board Peace Initiative

Started by T Fearon, April 26, 2007, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 27, 2007, 03:22:24 PM
What about turning up at Fearons place of work unannounced?

Surely bad form?

He works in an office which is entirely open to members of the public. Anyone can walk in off the street, whether with an appointment or not. He doesn't have to speak to them if he doesn't wish, but it seems that he was entirely happy to do so on this occasion.

How do I know this? Curiously enough, I was pm'ed a while back by a reasonably active poster on this Board, implying that he was acting on behalf of several members, enquiring if I knew Mr. Fearon's home address in NI. As it happens I don't, but I politely made it clear that even if I did, I didn't think it correct to disclose personal information about someone without their permission.

A little while later, I got a follow-up from the same enquirer, revealing that he had since found out where Fearon works by another, relatively straightforward, means.

P.S. I want to make it clear that whatever spats I may have with Fearon via the anonymity of the internet, I have absolutely no business, or interest, in ever taking things any further with him in real life. After all, if I want my privacy respected, it is only proper the I accord  others the same respect. Therefore, there's no point in anybody pursuing me further over what I've just posted; as far as I'm concerned, the matter is closed.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BallyhaiseMan

aww dont you just love a story with a happy ending  :-*   :-*  :-*

ziggysego

I thought that Paisley and Adams meeting was BIG, but Mac and Tony..... anything's possible in this crazy world now.

I think it will be a work-in, rather than a love-in though.
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 27, 2007, 03:39:23 PM
I want to make it clear that whatever spats I may have with Fearon via the anonymity of the internet, I have absolutely no business, or interest, in ever taking things any further with him in real life. After all, if I want my privacy respected, it is only proper the I accord  others the same respect. Therefore, there's no point in anybody pursuing me further over what I've just posted; as far as I'm concerned, the matter is closed.

Nothing to pursue EG, it wasnt you who turned up there so even if I disagreed that it was acceptable (which I do) I cant have beef with you over it  :)
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

Is the media to be awash with images of tony and mac sitting at a table together having a wee laugh?

ziggysego

Was the table in a diamond formation?
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on April 27, 2007, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on April 27, 2007, 03:00:55 PM
you can register for an account and get access to the "Current Affairs " section, no fiver needed. But by all means if you need reminding on how to use EasyJet or the BMI Baby website pay up ;-)

Correct the only patrons only section is the away travel one and even it is opened up a few weeks before the relevant match. But sure you can't beat a good conspiracy theory.

Erm, no. How come I can't see it anymore then? 

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on April 27, 2007, 05:06:45 PM
you can register for an account and get access to the "Current Affairs " section, no fiver needed. But by all means if you need reminding on how to use EasyJet or the BMI Baby website pay up ;-)

Correct the only patrons only section is the away travel one and even it is opened up a few weeks before the relevant match. But sure you can't beat a good conspiracy theory.

How come you can't see what?

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on April 27, 2007, 05:52:13 PM

The current affairs section. Went 'invisible' on me there a few weeks ago.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on April 27, 2007, 06:08:32 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 27, 2007, 05:52:13 PM

The current affairs section. Went 'invisible' on me there a few weeks ago.

No idea, I'll have a look, the only patrons only section is the travel one (or should be any way). As long as your signed in you should be able to see everything else.

Square Ball

Excuse my ignorance of some of this, but who is Mac?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

your havin a laf you little scallywag, honestly who is he, does he weild the power on OWC?

SammyG

Quote from: Square Ball on April 27, 2007, 08:00:49 PM
your havin a laf you little scallywag, honestly who is he, does he weild the power on OWC?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think it's fair to say no to that one. Although he did write We're Not Brazil, so he holds a certain hero status.  ;)

Square Ball

Quote from: SammyG on April 27, 2007, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 27, 2007, 08:00:49 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think it's fair to say no to that one. Although he did write We're Not Brazil, so he holds a certain hero status.  ;)

he needs a good kicking for that reason alone then!!!! ;D