Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Do we need a thread for each match given how quickly this is going to run through?

Sat Oct 31 - Monaghan v Cavan
Sun Nov 1 - Donegal v Tyrone
Sun Nov 1 - Derry v Armagh
Sat Nov 7 - Mon/Cav v Antrim
Sun Nov 8 - Fermanagh v Down
Sat Nov 14 - Don/Tyr v Der/Arm
Sun Nov 15 - Fer/Down v Mon/Cav/Ant
Sun  Nov 22 - Final

J70

Hard to know where ourselves and Tyrone stand after the league. McBrearty has only started one game this year and didn't feature since the restart. Tyrone seem to have a few issues too, including the current COVID issue.

Neither team gave away much last week is a pretty tame affair. Tyrone then beat a Mayo team who'd just pummeled Galway, while Donegal barely broke a sweat in basically fulfilling the fixture down in Kerry.

Ethan Tremblay

For the love of fcuk, please nobody blame results on covid "we would have won only we were missing players with covid" everyone is in the same boat, and its down to pot luck whether players get away without it. 

Monaghan (it should be closer than the league standing would suggest)

Armagh (Armagh to be cruising, Derry to cop on the defence is suspect and to run them close in the end, me to have a mini heart attack as is the norm with Armagh matches these days)

Down (should be routine, Fermanagh are in a bad place)
Donegal/Tyrone too hard to call and will come down to who makes the least mistakes on the day. 

Donegal/Tyrone to win Ulster 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Taylor

Is Monaghan v Cavan live on TV?

LCohen

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 26, 2020, 04:06:03 PM
For the love of fcuk, please nobody blame results on covid "we would have won only we were missing players with covid" everyone is in the same boat, and its down to pot luck whether players get away without it. 

Monaghan (it should be closer than the league standing would suggest)

Armagh (Armagh to be cruising, Derry to cop on the defence is suspect and to run them close in the end, me to have a mini heart attack as is the norm with Armagh matches these days)

Down (should be routine, Fermanagh are in a bad place)
Donegal/Tyrone too hard to call and will come down to who makes the least mistakes on the day. 

Donegal/Tyrone to win Ulster

Everybody might not be in the same boat though

southtyronegael

Angelo

Donegal will be strong favourites and rightly so.

They have absolutely pummeled us on kickouts in the last two meetings. Tyrone lost both games by 4 points but that scoreline flattered them as it could have been double digits on both occasions .

We are also likely to be down a number of players. McShane definitely gone and likely to be without Hampsey, Brennan, R Donnelly, Bradley, Cassidy and M O'Neill so I think you can safely say we will be down a third of our strongest XV is all of those miss out.

Hamspey or Brennan would also have been the most likely options to tag Murphy so we will have to come up with another alternative.

Donegal have had our number tactically in those two meetings so it's time to find out if Harte has learned anything.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

Outright odds

Donegal 15/8
Monaghan 11/4
Tyrone 4/1
Armagh 10/1
Down 16/1
Cavan 20/1
Derry 20/1
Fermanagh 66/1

Weekend match odds

Monaghan 4/11 Cavan 10/3

Derry 2/1 Armagh 8/15

Donegal 4/6 Tyrone 7/4

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Taylor

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 26, 2020, 05:44:06 PM
Outright odds

Donegal 15/8
Monaghan 11/4
Tyrone 4/1
Armagh 10/1
Down 16/1
Cavan 20/1
Derry 20/1
Fermanagh 66/1

Weekend match odds

Monaghan 4/11 Cavan 10/3

Derry 2/1 Armagh 8/15

Donegal 4/6 Tyrone 7/4

Tasty treble however if I was going with my head rather than my heart I would have Donegal in

glens73

Outright odds

Donegal 15/8
Monaghan 11/4
Tyrone 4/1
Armagh 10/1
Down 16/1
Cavan 20/1
Derry 20/1
Fermanagh 66/1

Disrespectful to Antrim. Ammunition for Lenny to fire up the troops - Monaghan/Cavan won't know what's hit them!

APM

Quote from: glens73 on October 26, 2020, 05:53:59 PM
Outright odds

Donegal 15/8
Monaghan 11/4
Tyrone 4/1
Armagh 10/1
Down 16/1
Cavan 20/1
Derry 20/1
Fermanagh 66/1

Disrespectful to Antrim. Ammunition for Lenny to fire up the troops - Monaghan/Cavan won't know what's hit them!

That is serious odds on Tyrone. 

Main Street

It's hard to find grounds for real optimism about Monaghan's chances. Porous in defence with 2 traffic corridors leading directly to a free shot on goal and a return to default up front with McManus clocking up most of the scores. 

I'd have a punt on Tyrone at 4/1 if I was given a free bet with no restrictions. Though the last time Tyrone beat Donegal it was Big Sean who calmed the nerves and led the team through the last 1/4.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Main Street on October 27, 2020, 07:46:57 AM
   It's hard to find grounds for real optimism about Monaghan's chances. Porous in defence with 2 traffic corridors leading directly to a free shot on goal and a return to default up front with McManus clocking up most of the scores. 

I'd have a punt on Tyrone at 4/1 if I was given a free bet with no restrictions. Though the last time Tyrone beat Donegal it was Big Sean who calmed the nerves and led the team through the last 1/4.

The last time they beat Donegal was in the super 8s in Ballybofey after he retired.

Milltown Row2

I felt Donegal didnt even come out of second gear against Tyrone, yes Tyrone were doing maybe some shadow boxing also but they needed the wins to secure safety in Div1..

Once Donegal develop a lead, its very hard to win ball back and get a score before they get another one, Murphy was picking up balls in his fullback line and popping up a minute or so later fighting for the ball at fullforward.

15/8 is the best price you'll get on that list

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Donegal are serious All Ireland contenders!