Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

just got a text from one of the seniors, Rasharkin spanked our senior team, ya couldn't make it up, fair play Rasharkin.

seniors missing a lot but fairs dues.

i was busy with the Endas beat also :-[ think i'll rest my legs

Glensman

Milltown - pretty poor result from your seniors in all honesty, even if they were missing a few. Injuries, avoiding injuries for the football, couldn't be arsed?

Rasharking are going to stay up (and fair play to them as they will probably just have beat what was put in front of them) because of wins against LD and St Galls, two teams who they arguably wouldn't get within ten points of if they had fielded. proper sides.
Glenravel are going to go down because of that reason as well.
Glenravel's whole year of training hard, travelling from North Antrim across the county has actually come down to two sides not fielding strong teams and Rasharkin getting the points to stay up.
I have no real connection with Glenravel but if I was on the end of that I'd be pretty gutted and feel a little bit cheated.

The debate about playing in the wind and rain of October/November will rage on but personally I don't mind it, it keeps me out of trouble and gets me out of the house but the main reasons I'm not a fan of the season dragging out is because of:
1. Teams who are safe putting out shells of sides;
2. Teams seeing what the wider picture is and 'gifting' a result;
3. and similarly teams not showing up for games.

Most of us will have suffered on the end of this or our clubs have partaken in it in some shape or form but its not an element of our winderful games that is exactly wonderful.

bredaghgael86

It may be a bit sad congradulating my own team, but i just want to say well done to our boys o thir promotion form div 4b. regardless of standard or expectations, we still had to do a job to get out of it and progress. hopefully we can carry on this good run to next year.

Lecale2

Just for you Bredagh Gael86!

Tremendous display by Gort Na Mona yesterday. Great discipline and team work. This team should win Ulster and may go further.

RealSpiritof98

Lecale, i was playin yesterday against Gort, they were awesome but to be fair to the gort manager he came in and said it was the best they had ever played.

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 06, 2008, 12:51:59 PM

Tremendous display by Gort Na Mona yesterday. Great discipline and team work. This team should win Ulster and may go further.

Good to see Mc Collum still plugging away he was a great servant to Glenariffe when he joined us and is that big Allys baldy nut in the background?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Good to see that Bredagh are pushing strong and having some success.

This is why the Belfast Strategy must be delievered on soon, we need a seperate document to chart how we are going to lift the GAA up in Belfast espcially the hurling. We need this to be followed by a decent amount of money not to promote the games but to drive them forward modernise the clubs and make it a vibrant successful part of the GAA once again.

culchy1

Glensman what can you do, we played lamhs week before football final and they fielded weakened team, understandably.
yesterday galls turned up late with fifteen men & karl stewart had to go off after 5 mins with blow to nose, never reappeared, galls played with 14 rest of match. galls played rightly until second half, they were 1 down at ht. they have bigger fish to fry and are sitting ok in hurling league.
to be fair, they fielded a handful of footballers, cj, ciaran ga-ga, sean burke, anto healy & karl stewart.
when we played lamhs they didnt play any footballers at all.
if only we had of scored 2 more last thursday night, when it mattered.

glenravel are on downward spiral in both codes, regelated in div2/3 hurling & bottom of div 2 in football.

girt_giggler

Was suprised to see that Rasharkin - St Galls result too.  We have Rasharkin this saturday evening at our place

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on October 06, 2008, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on October 06, 2008, 12:51:59 PM

Good to see Mc Collum still plugging away he was a great servant to Glenariffe when he joined us and is that big Allys baldy nut in the background?

Liam's had more clubs than Jack Nicholas  :). A great hurler who was one if the best readers of the game I've seen in Antrim. Never pulled a dirty stroke either (even playing for glenariffe  :P)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

He must be in a small band there Skull  :D

Minder

Our boys arent dirty, just stupid  :) Liam was a good lad, used to travel up and down to training from Belfast and at that time he had a young family, we had fellas sitting in Waterfoot that we would have had bother getting out to training.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on October 06, 2008, 02:53:32 PM
Our boys arent dirty, just stupid  :)

The two things are not mutually exclusive minder ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PlayWithTheWind

Team                      Played         Won        Lost         Drawn     Points For  Points Against Points Diff Points

Ballycran                    13   13   0   0   341   141   200   26
Rossa                    14   9   3   2   280   219   61   20
Gort Na Mona    13   9   4   0   268   171   97   18
St. Galls                    11   8   2   1   214   174   40   17
Tir na Nog                    12   8   3   1   233   203   30   17
Gaeil Chluana    12   8   4   0   247   190   57   16
St. Pauls                    14   6   6   2   220   186   34   14
Shane O Neills    12   5   5   2   170   177   -7   12
Carey Faughs    14   5   7   2   229   272   -43   12
Armoy                    13   4   8   1   206   222   -16   9
Lamh Dhearg    12   4   7   1   149   179   -30   9
Sarsfields                    12   4   7   1   149   212   -63   9
Cloughmills                    12   4   8   0   168   240   -72   8
Cushendun    13   4   9   0   186   279   -93   8
Rasharkin                    12   3   9   0   131   210   -79   6
Glenravel                    15   1   13   1   172   288   -116   3

No that the championships are over its time to have a look at the league tables, with the bottom 8 in div 2-3 making up div3 next year.
Looking at the table looks like Lamb Dhearg will be playing div 3 next year.
Antrim website shows they only have one game remaining against Rossa, but they have only played 12 compared to Glenravel's 15  ??? possibly some results have still to be added.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Lecale2

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 06, 2008, 01:03:28 PM
Lecale, i was playin yesterday against Gort, they were awesome but to be fair to the gort manager he came in and said it was the best they had ever played.

I would agree with him.