The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Jaysis lads surely ye know better than to be replying to that f**king idiot.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 06:44:10 PM
Another quote from Sourness.  "Liverpool got away with one today".  Sums it up.  You just can't win at Old Trafford while United have humped Liverpool in klAnfield on a regular basis.

Looks like you shot one off too early this afternoon, raging eh. ;D

under the bar

Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2019, 06:58:43 PM
Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 06:52:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2019, 06:48:55 PM
United the happier team with the draw. They built the wall, we could only get over it the once.

Everything went against us and they still couldn't beat us. We're top, they're 2 clear of the relegation zone.

Positive was that both Ox and Lallana both made positive contributions off the bench.

Another few minutes and we'd have taken them, but result is the result.

Funny how Klopp and Souness disagree? Do you know more than they do?
They were both pissed off at the draw. Could have been worse, but there was only one team looking to win the game at the end.

W
Ok so why did Souness say "Liverpool got away with one today" then?

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 07:02:24 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2019, 06:58:43 PM
Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 06:52:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2019, 06:48:55 PM
United the happier team with the draw. They built the wall, we could only get over it the once.

Everything went against us and they still couldn't beat us. We're top, they're 2 clear of the relegation zone.

Positive was that both Ox and Lallana both made positive contributions off the bench.

Another few minutes and we'd have taken them, but result is the result.

Funny how Klopp and Souness disagree? Do you know more than they do?
They were both pissed off at the draw. Could have been worse, but there was only one team looking to win the game at the end.

W
Ok so why did Souness say "Liverpool got away with one today" then?

He is paid to talk shite, what's your excuse. 8)

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2019, 07:00:56 PM
Jaysis lads surely ye know better than to be replying to that f**king idiot.
True!

I thought I had the cancer on ignore, but it must have been his other alias. Fixed now.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 20, 2019, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 20, 2019, 06:26:00 PM
Very poor performance. Can't afford to drop points against these type of teams

Nope, but you did. Imagine, only drawing with the team who are 13th.

Few would have imagined before the contest that agurably the best Liverpool team for three decades would need a late lucky goal to grab a draw against agurably the worst ever Manchester United premier league team

under the bar

Quote from: t_mac on October 20, 2019, 07:02:12 PM
Another quote from Sourness.  "Liverpool got away with one today".  Sums it up.  You just can't win at Old Trafford while United have humped Liverpool in klAnfield on a regular basis.

Most of your posts have an unhealthy reference to masturbation. You should connect this to the fact that most ppl you meet probably refer to you as a tosser!  ;D

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 07:19:21 PM
Quote from: t_mac on October 20, 2019, 07:02:12 PM

Most of your posts have an unhealthy reference to masturbation. You should connect this to the fact that most ppl you meet probably refer to you as a t**ser!  ;D

Are the extra large Man U tops good at getting stains out.  ;D

J70

Quote from: hardstation on October 20, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 20, 2019, 05:34:11 PM
It's a non contact sport now so it's probably a free kick.
Exactly my thinking. The game has changed a lot in recent years, any slight touch is not allowed. Anyone who ever played a game of football would be saying "ffs, you're not getting that".

J70, to suggest that it was sore, review with a clear head please.

You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree. Kick to the calf is sore. Or maybe I've a lower pain threshold than yourself.

That free gets given every weekend in the Premier League.

J70

Henderson was very poor today. Team got much better when Ox and Lallana came in. And Liverpool got very little joy down the right - Salah definitely missed, not least due to the knock-on effect of the changes, although Origi did well for the first half hour (I scarcely remember him after that).

TabClear

Decent point given how Liverpool played. On paper that was in the top 3-4 hardest games all year and it is a sign of how far Liverpool have come that its disappointing only to take a point from OT when they play poorly. United are nowhere near as bad as is being made out and I expect them to rise up the table pretty quickly.

There is a lack of creativity in midfield when teams sit back against Liverpool and try to play on the break. Keita/Ox may give more attacking options and will get into the box more but they are less defensively minded. On the VAR no issue obviously with the Mane one, thats they way the rules are so fair enough. I On the MU goal I cannot see why the onfield ref doesn't check that himself. It was borderline and I can see why a ref in a studio does not want to overrule but how much longer would it take to go to the side of the pitch and review. There was much more blatant decisons on Saturday not overruled. Having seen VAR in action this year I actually think  it should be limited to factual checks e.g. offside rather than anything that has a level of subjectivity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on October 21, 2019, 07:51:34 AM
Decent point given how Liverpool played. On paper that was in the top 3-4 hardest games all year and it is a sign of how far Liverpool have come that its disappointing only to take a point from OT when they play poorly. United are nowhere near as bad as is being made out and I expect them to rise up the table pretty quickly.

There is a lack of creativity in midfield when teams sit back against Liverpool and try to play on the break. Keita/Ox may give more attacking options and will get into the box more but they are less defensively minded. On the VAR no issue obviously with the Mane one, thats they way the rules are so fair enough. I On the MU goal I cannot see why the onfield ref doesn't check that himself. It was borderline and I can see why a ref in a studio does not want to overrule but how much longer would it take to go to the side of the pitch and review. There was much more blatant decisons on Saturday not overruled. Having seen VAR in action this year I actually think  it should be limited to factual checks e.g. offside rather than anything that has a level of subjectivity.

The ref was close enough at the time of the tap on calf to believe his own original judgement I assume, he made the call (rightly or wrongly depending..) and moved on, VAR being introduced wont always mean its correct, its just asking the question, were you correct on that call? he said yes.

These calls have a way of evening out over the year, some go your way and some don't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on October 21, 2019, 07:51:34 AM
Decent point given how Liverpool played. On paper that was in the top 3-4 hardest games all year and it is a sign of how far Liverpool have come that its disappointing only to take a point from OT when they play poorly.

As Klopp said afterwards, everything went against us but we still didn't lose.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Historically United always have been difficult, no matter how good we were and shite they were. We are 9 games into the season, 1/4 of the way through the season, are unbeaten, on top by 6 points and have a few tough games gone. United away is always one of the hardest games of the year. A number of tough games between now and playing City in November so it will be crucial to get a win against Genk during the week and Spurs next weekend.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2019, 07:45:55 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 01:47:31 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 20, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 20, 2019, 05:34:11 PM
It's a non contact sport now so it's probably a free kick.
Exactly my thinking. The game has changed a lot in recent years, any slight touch is not allowed. Anyone who ever played a game of football would be saying "ffs, you're not getting that".

J70, to suggest that it was sore, review with a clear head please.

You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree. Kick to the calf is sore. Or maybe I've a lower pain threshold than yourself.

That free gets given every weekend in the Premier League.
A kick to the calf could be sore. Someone lightly tapping you on the calf isn't. Although, I think you know this.

It happened in real time, not slow motion replay.