Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 10:25:03 PM
The Scots had their chance, and decided not too. (sic) Be interesting to see a UI referendum, would they learn from the Scots mistakes ?

That was before the Brexit vote. All is changed, and changed utterly.

screenexile

2 big takeaways for me from this.

1. Social Media is massively over rated in an election. Judging by social media you thought Labour had huge momentum and would make a difference. Reality is that the numbers who meaningfully engage in social media regularly is not as high as we believe.

2. Brexit was not an anomaly that would have been fixed by another referendum. The stupid c***ts actually want it so there's absolutely zero point arguing about it anymore!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 12, 2019, 10:52:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 10:25:03 PM
The Scots had their chance, and decided not too. (sic) Be interesting to see a UI referendum, would they learn from the Scots mistakes ?

That was before the Brexit vote. All is changed, and changed utterly.

The polls before that referendum had them winning a referendum .

Uk is telling us that if they did another referendum on brexit it would be a bigger result
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: screenexile on December 12, 2019, 10:53:41 PM

1. Social Media is massively over rated in an election. Judging by social media you thought Labour had huge momentum and would make a difference. Reality is that the numbers who meaningfully engage in social media regularly is not as high as we believe.

2. Brexit was not an anomaly that would have been fixed by another referendum. The stupid c***ts actually want it so there's absolutely zero point arguing about it anymore!
Yip I agree with all that, and Keir Starmer wouldn't have changed their mind  ;)

JohnDenver

On your first point - could be a factor that your own beliefs and who your follow etc showing you a greater labour momentum, which would be similar to myself. They say you should follow as many people as possible who you disagree with, even though it would infuriate you at times.

RedHand88

SF sources say they will lose Foyle to the SDLP.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 12, 2019, 11:03:03 PM

In fairness eastwood is light years better than mccallion. Really hope finucane sneaks it in NB. Would love to see dodds' face if he loses

TheOptimist

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 12, 2019, 11:04:58 PM

In fairness eastwood is light years better than mccallion. Really hope finucane sneaks it in NB. Would love to see dodds' face if he loses

Wonder  how he'll get on stopping Boris and Brrxit  ::) ::)

Milltown Row2

He'll take a leadership role and go into Stormont once it's up and running
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

gallsman

Quote from: JohnDenver on December 12, 2019, 11:00:35 PM

On your first point - could be a factor that your own beliefs and who your follow etc showing you a greater labour momentum, which would be similar to myself. They say you should follow as many people as possible who you disagree with, even though it would infuriate you at times.

This is absolutely the case. Twitter and how its consumed is everyone's own private echo chamber. It's just not reflective of the wider world.

Whether McCallion or Eastwood wins Foyle is completely irrelevant.

The tiniest of silver linings is that Boris certainly doesn't need the DUP so you'd imagine he'll just ratify his deal rather then reverse it and go full no deal Brexit.

And Dodds out, let's go.

Rois

Not all that usual for me to be shouting for SF, but since I pass Dodds's (shuttered) office every day, I would absolutely love to be there when they take down the MP sign from it.

Square Ball

Odds checker showing SF 1/50 in North Belfast. Can someone else check as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gallsman

Quote from: Square Ball on December 12, 2019, 11:13:39 PM

SF 4/9

DUP 9/10

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Square Ball on December 12, 2019, 11:13:39 PM

Looks like 4/9 so not 1/50 but still bookies have him as favourite