Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

Quote from: champion1981 on October 09, 2019, 08:19:14 AM
Quote from: yewtree on October 08, 2019, 11:13:44 PM
Issue was a non event , young player was badly injured and a bit of remonstrating with a referee ,basically a non story.

The antics and tackles of some of the opposition on Sunday don't belong in Gaelic. If we get a strong referee Burren will be minor champions.

We have been to several gaelic Feiles in the south and never once have encountered the level of nastiness that we get from East Down. In National League football travelling to Portadown and other places for youth football I never witness it.

County Board have to be applauded for their decisive actions and again have shown strong leadership. This sledging which seems to have become a habit in East Down has no place in GAA football.

I would be keen to see if someone could post a detailed list of East Down disciplinary issues this last year.
yes yewtree as expected once a burren man was involved it's no big deal, and the young burren player that was stretchered of walked out of the changing rooms unaided ,🙈 embarrassed much,? You talk about discipline. Did your number 6 senior player and former county star get hit with a month ban for hitting an official? So sort out your own club before you worry about others

Who got the ban for hitting an official ?

champion1981

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 09, 2019, 08:36:37 AM
Quote from: champion1981 on October 09, 2019, 08:19:14 AM
Issue was a non event , young player was badly injured and a bit of remonstrating with a referee ,basically a non story.

The antics and tackles of some of the opposition on Sunday don't belong in Gaelic. If we get a strong referee Burren will be minor champions.

We have been to several gaelic Feiles in the south and never once have encountered the level of nastiness that we get from East Down. In National League football travelling to Portadown and other places for youth football I never witness it.

County Board have to be applauded for their decisive actions and again have shown strong leadership. This sledging which seems to have become a habit in East Down has no place in GAA football.

I would be keen to see if someone could post a detailed list of East Down disciplinary issues this last year.
yes yewtree as expected once a burren man was involved it's no big deal, and the young burren player that was stretchered of walked out of the changing rooms unaided ,🙈 embarrassed much,? You talk about discipline. Did your number 6 senior player and former county star get hit with a month ban for hitting an official? So sort out your own club before you worry about others

Who got the ban for hitting an official ?
c McGovern  got handed a 3 month ban for hitting an official ,the official was doing the line, burren got it over ruled as the spelling of his name was incorrectly spelt,

Aristo 60

Fair good draw for an Ulster Championship run in 2020.

Prelim Mon v Cav
Prelim v Antrim
Ferm v Down

Donegal v Tyrone
Armagh v Derry

sdg

Division 2 team at home to a Div3 team.  :)

SamFever

May I suggest you go back to "that sport" and stop annoying us here.Sh-t happens but your pontificating only makes it worse.P-ick!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 08, 2019, 10:12:26 PM
I think you would find that a serious incident like that on a pitch to a juvenile has to be reported for safeguarding references. Why would the young fella go to the house if he didn't say it?

I've clearly pointed out several times (and specifically have done so) that this case is different from what may come down the line because there has been an admission of guilt.

If there is no admission of guilt, is a letter from a club now enough to start and end disciplinary procedures?
i usse an speelchekor

OgraAnDun

Quote from: thewobbler on October 09, 2019, 08:25:05 AM
Is this the thought process then?

Wake up.
Take a dump.
Think up some shit
Find a way to include East Down among those shite thoughts.
Type it up.
Laugh at self for being so outrageous and witty.
Repeat.

——

This section of the board has been in decline for a decade. But you've made it terminal yewtree. Well done you.

Laugh at everyone else for being so stupid as to fall for it and react
Repeat

Should be the last two lines. Anyone taking him/her seriously needs to have a look at themselves

johnnycool

I'd a parent of one of our U14 hurlers approach me after a game about what was said to his son as his opponent was alleged to have said that he was going to rape our players ma.

My take on it at the time was that if the referee didn't hear it and do anything about it then it really would be a case of "he said this - no I didn't" and a waste of time and effort and TBH knowing the (east   ;)   ) Down club involved there was no point mentioning it to them either something the parent knows from his own playing days.

It's very welcome that the county board are taking a stand on this but how will this process pan out in the long run?

Nothing in the referees report it seems.

Mayobridge seem to have been in contact with Kilcoo at some level where the young lad seems to have personally apologised which is very welcome I'd have thought.

Mayobridge send in a letter of complaint to Down CCC

Down CCC I presume have given Kilcoo and the player responsible a right to reply or did they take the personal apology as an admission of guilt?

The appeal being thrown out.

I can understand Down CCC wanting to take a stand on driving this shíte out of Gaelic Games but it looks on the face of it there's a lot of holes in the process that need sorted out for it to be consistent.

PTC

So who do ya's think will win the match on Sunday? Think if it's tight going into last 5 or 10 minutes kilcoo's experience could get them over the line. Warrenpoint are a great team think we are in for a good game

whitegoodman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 09, 2019, 10:35:26 AM
I think you would find that a serious incident like that on a pitch to a juvenile has to be reported for safeguarding references. Why would the young fella go to the house if he didn’t say it?

I've clearly pointed out several times (and specifically have done so) that this case is different from what may come down the line because there has been an admission of guilt.

If there is no admission of guilt, is a letter from a club now enough to start and end disciplinary procedures?

There was an admission of guilt, CB took action.  If there is no admission of guilt and nothing in referees report then there is no action to take, letter or no letter.

It should be that simple.

Last Caress

Quote from: PTC on October 09, 2019, 12:14:25 PM
So who do ya's think will win the match on Sunday? Think if it's tight going into last 5 or 10 minutes kilcoo's experience could get them over the line. Warrenpoint are a great team think we are in for a good game
I'm gonna go with The Point.  Think kilcoo are not the force they have been. If the Point really want it now is the opportunity.

johnnycool

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 09, 2019, 01:18:18 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 09, 2019, 10:35:26 AM
I think you would find that a serious incident like that on a pitch to a juvenile has to be reported for safeguarding references. Why would the young fella go to the house if he didn't say it?

There was an admission of guilt, CB took action.  If there is no admission of guilt and nothing in referees report then there is no action to take, letter or no letter.

It should be that simple.

You're probably right but I won't be expecting lads to apologise from now on and I think some level of remorse should be taken into account.

downjim

Remorse?? How about teaching your members not to say this crap, it's the GAA, we are the Gaa, sledging is for tramps

Aristo 60

Hearing tragic news today that will shock County Down football.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Aristo 60 on October 09, 2019, 02:48:10 PM
Hearing tragic news today that will shock County Down football.

Unreal. RIP