Jacob Rees -Mogg V Leo Varadkar

Started by T Fearon, September 09, 2017, 07:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

As I say you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.I am so comfortable with my beliefs that I have no inclination whatsoever to keep ridiculing those of others.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 02:38:34 PM
As I say you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.I am so comfortable with my beliefs that I have no inclination whatsoever to keep ridiculing those of others.

There's better uses for your undoubted & quite unique "talents". Why not volunteer to the Society of African Missions in Dromantine & go out to sell Catholicism to the Africans for a few years & give all good GAA men & women a bit of peace??

Gabriel_Hurl

He's too busy buying a poppy from his neighbour  ;)

playwiththewind1st

I heard he's being lined up for the job of Honorary Grand Marshal at Belfast Pride 2018.

T Fearon

Just picture the scenario,lying on your death bed,you draw your last breath,and discover that you were wrong in your lack of belief.Dire consequences😱😥😥

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 08:19:50 PM
Just picture the scenario,lying on your death bed,you draw your last breath,and discover that you were wrong in your lack of belief.Dire consequences😱😥😥

Sound argument. However you could be wrong or you could have worshipped the wrong god too ;D

T Fearon

Possibly.But I will be no worse off than non believers

playwiththewind1st

Just remember the Rowan Atkinson sketch about hell. "Christians? Ah yes, well I am afraid the Jews were right".

You're doomed.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 09:35:45 PM

Seeing as how you describe your faith continually seems to be hedging your bets and you're a betting man - what odds would you give ;D

T Fearon

What is wrong with wanting to secure a contented eternity? It is a promise and reward I believe in,and am simply pursuing.

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 09:35:45 PM

Deadly argument there Tony... a real head wrecker  :o

Imagine the opposite was true? Imagine there was a set up temptation to follow the doctrine of the faith in life but the test is to see who can work out that its a falsity... and only the people that get to that point get to heaven? The believers are now fooked.... you just can't win can you  :) 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

I see absolutely no logic in that one,I'm afraid.There is either a God or there isn't.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2017, 09:15:53 AM
I see absolutely no logic in that one,I'm afraid.There is either a God or there isn't.

There isn't.

Keyser soze

Could this not be integrated into the Fearon polluting the board/pontificating about religion thread?

theskull1

Quote from: punt kick on September 20, 2017, 09:39:23 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2017, 09:15:53 AM

There isn't.

Lost on our T
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera