Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2018, 12:41:34 PM
If every tackle like that was a red card games would finish 8 or 9 aside

Ah no. He was even above the ball, studs up. That's reckless, and it's hard to complain about a red. It may have been a generous yellow, but hardly a shocker of a decision.

nrico2006

Guardiola showing his true colours last night again.  As bad a loser as there is out there.  Lost the plot last season and been fine this year due to them winning, until last night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2018, 12:54:51 PM
Guardiola showing his true colours last night again.  As bad a loser as there is out there.  Lost the plot last season and been fine this year due to them winning, until last night.

Coming from a United supporter ! Lol as they say
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
Poor old City, nobody gives a shite about them, if United or Liverpool for that matter were the kingpins and were involved in a night of such drama and controversy the internet might have imploded  ;D
Looks that way alright especially on here. Even without all the controversy i think if Man United or Liverpool had lost to a league one side that lost their last two games to Southend United and Blackpool this thread would have many pages of comments.

Pep Guardiola at least was honest after the game when he said the red card was the correct call.

mackers

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 20, 2018, 01:03:01 PM
Pep Guardiola at least was honest after the game when he said the red card was the correct call.
Didn't hear the post match interviews.  Fair play to him.  For me it was a red card.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2018, 12:51:39 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2018, 12:41:34 PM
If every tackle like that was a red card games would finish 8 or 9 aside

Ah no. He was even above the ball, studs up. That's reckless, and it's hard to complain about a red. It may have been a generous yellow, but hardly a shocker of a decision.

That sort of tackle has been a red for the last decade, if he makes proper contact with the defender there's a good chance he'd be seriously injured.

Spoke to a few blues this morning, none of them have any issue with the sending off.

NAG1

I genuinely cant see any argument for it being anything other than a red:
off the ground
not in control
studs showing
agressive
over the ball

Any one of those alone would be red but pile them all together it 100% red.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2018, 12:54:51 PM
Guardiola showing his true colours last night again.  As bad a loser as there is out there. Lost the plot last season and been fine this year due to them winning, until last night.

That's post of the year from a United fan!!!

Fergie/LVG/Mourinho were all the same when they lost. Show me a good loser . . . He congratulated Wigan, said that it was a red card he didn't criticise the referee, what more do you want?!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 20, 2018, 01:03:01 PMLooks that way alright especially on here. Even without all the controversy i think if Man United or Liverpool had lost to a league one side that lost their last two games to Southend United and Blackpool this thread would have many pages of comments.

I think you'd see more action on their own team threads if that happened

Cunny Funt

I see it was tweeted that English sides are unbeaten in all seven meetings with Spanish teams in the Champions League so far this season.

SHEEDY

guardiola charged by the FA for wearing a political ribbon. it'll be interesting to see what he does now, back down or stick by his political beliefs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43174407

nil satis nisi optimum

Maroon Manc

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 23, 2018, 04:47:05 PM
guardiola charged by the FA for wearing a political ribbon. it'll be interesting to see what he does now, back down or stick by his political beliefs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43174407

This is a strange one, its taken them long enough to make a decision on it.

I'll never know how he managed to avoid a ban for his antics against Soton earlier on in the season.

J70

Quote from: Boycey on March 02, 2018, 06:28:50 PM
Just seen this, sublime...

https://twitter.com/sweepergk/status/969576421843750912

That's unbelievable. Arsenal had plenty of numbers in there trying to pressure them, but the City players are confident enough to play that tight, one touch football in their own half before finding the opening for the break.

Cunny Funt

Chelsea struggling to string two passes together its like watch a lower league side v Man City. Hazard doing some amount of sulking.