Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

No.In all seriousness this thread shows the absolute hypocrisy running through many aspects of this board.I use my formidable wit to lightheartedly link the news of celebrity deaths to aspects of their lives.This is not mocking the death itself.

However it now transpires that joking about death (in a way which is,unlike me, mocking the death) or even glorifying in the death is totally acceptable according to your perception of the deceased (e g Margaret Thatcher),or if you happen to know the deceased personally (🙄).

playwiththewind1st

T Fearon
View Profile
Personal Message (Online)
Re: Death Notices
« Reply #5190 on: Today at 01:21:06 PM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Now, there's true happiness!

« Last Edit: Today at 01:27:34 PM by T Fearon »

Orchard park

I use my formidable wit

you have some over inflated opinion of yourself anyways............

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 01:21:06 PM
No.In all seriousness this thread shows the absolute hypocrisy running through many aspects of this board.I use my formidable wit to lightheartedly link the news of celebrity deaths to aspects of their lives.This is not mocking the death itself.

However it now transpires that joking about death (in a way which is,unlike me, mocking the death) or even glorifying in the death is totally acceptable according to your perception of the deceased (e g Margaret Thatcher),or if you happen to know the deceased personally (🙄).
Formidable twit
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rosnarun

best wind up merchant on the board and brings out the true bullying Nature and herd mentality of many contributors here
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on December 14, 2017, 02:40:14 PM
best wind up merchant on the board and brings out the true bullying Nature and herd mentality of many contributors here

A good wind-up merchant is someone like Lar who has the sense when to stick the boot in for maximum effect, and there's no desperation for a reaction. If most people can easily see though the act it's not a particularly good act to begin with.

quit yo jibbajabba

Im the best footballer up my lane

Dire Ear

Sorry,  but this is bullshit

bamboo

Tony, I have no opinion to offer on your humour or lack of. However, it's been made clear that what you do isn't wanted by many and you have been asked politely to stop. Other members have stopped making racist remarks etc when they've been pulled up on it. Can't you do the same?

Genuine question- would you post the same remarks on Facebook,Twitter, Irish news pages etc? Or say them round the dinner table at a party?

Boycey

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 14, 2017, 05:21:53 PM
Sorry,  but this is bullshit

Which bit??

T Fearon

Life is full of things one doesn't like.There are letters still published in the press complaining about the former Belfast City Airport being named after the town drunk (which I certainly don't like).A retired Cardinal has been shamefully savaged incessantly on this Board (and just wait for the posts on this thread when he finally passes on) which I found nauseating  but accepted as free speech.Why can't everyone have this attitude,don't like it or appreciate the benign humour just skip on to the next post.

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
Life is full of things one doesn't like.There are letters still published in the press complaining about the former Belfast City Airport being named after the town drunk (which I certainly don't like).A retired Cardinal has been shamefully savaged incessantly on this Board (and just wait for the posts on this thread when he finally passes on) which I found nauseating  but accepted as free speech.Why can't everyone have this attitude,don't like it or appreciate the benign humour just skip on to the next post.

Why don't they think of the children?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

Laughs at the dead and defends Cardinals who covered for paedophiles. You're some man for one man Fearon

bamboo

Have you or have you not made these comments on your Facebook feed for all your family, friends and neighbours to see. If not, why not? Genuine easy question. I'm just wondering.

red hander

I'm still trying to get my head round 'formidable wit'  ::)