?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

StGallsGAA

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: T Fearon on December 17, 2017, 02:17:04 PM
It has been coming.Lafferty on the scoresheet too,hard to swallow.Brendan  can be thankful he's not Tony Mowbray who lost his job after a heavy defeat like that.

im guessin Mowbray wasn't undefeated for 60odd games before that..

ned

It has been coming.Lafferty on the scoresheet too,hard to swallow.Brendan  can be thankful he's not Tony Mowbray who lost his job after a heavy defeat like that.

Shouldn't rise to it but FFS. We've just gone 69 games unbeaten, slightly different circumstances to Mowbray situation. Way to overreact.

Poor performances for sometime now and that was coming. Fatigue is playing a part, I think. Tierney has played as many games already as some players play in a whole season. 6 CL qualifiers, 6 group stage games plus internationals taking it's toll. Can't wait for the winter break. Aberdeen and Sevco before that. Two wins vital.

Targetman

A defeat has been on the cards for a while but didn't expect a hammering like that, its been great while it lasted but lets see how we bounce back, serious problems at the back need to be addressed ASAP

tonto1888

For god sake tiny. That result was the straw that broke the camels back with Mowbray. As well you know

lenny

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 17, 2017, 02:16:31 PM
Bet a mate of mine £20 during the week that celtic would lose a league game before man city. Didnt expect to win that bet so easily or so soon. Celtic very poor today.

It just shows it's the best league in the world. Any team can beat each other on their day. Not like the English league where Man City are coasting it.

ned

Quote from: lenny on December 17, 2017, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 17, 2017, 02:16:31 PM
Bet a mate of mine £20 during the week that celtic would lose a league game before man city. Didnt expect to win that bet so easily or so soon. Celtic very poor today.

It just shows it's the best league in the world. Any team can beat each other on their day. Not like the English league where Man City are coasting it.

:D

StGallsGAA

Hearts biggest win over Celtic in 120 years! 

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

The team has been sluggish for weeks.The hidings in the Champions League has dented confidence.Unless a very credible performance is forthcoming against Zenit St Petersburg,it is hard to argue with Michael Owen's view that Brendan will get bored and move on in the summer.

I'd say the January window is important for Brendan's career.He has a lot to prove still in Europe and needs to make key signings during this transfer window to freshen things up and make the team competitive in Europe.

ashman

Quote from: T Fearon on December 17, 2017, 08:58:03 PM
The team has been sluggish for weeks.The hidings in the Champions League has dented confidence.Unless a very credible performance is forthcoming against Zenit St Petersburg,it is hard to argue with Michael Owen's view that Brendan will get bored and move on in the summer.

I'd say the January window is important for Brendan's career.He has a lot to prove still in Europe and needs to make key signings during this transfer window to freshen things up and make the team competitive in Europe.
[/quote

Stoke could yet be a good gateway  back to football for Brendan .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 17, 2017, 08:58:03 PM

How many managers that have been successful in Europe will be looking to go to Celtic Tony? Successfull as in winning it as if he's an also ran then he'd be the same as Brendan I'm afraid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

I am not criticising Brendan at all.It has been an admirable run,to retain such focus and commitment.I am just wondering where he goes from here.Now even a domestic treble, with one defeat,is a regression from last year.

He has turned down offers from the likes of West Ham,suggesting he aspires to move to a bigger English club.But these clubs will be seeking managers with proven European pedigrees,which he has not come close to establishing.

I do think he needs to modify his beliefs in Europe to avoid heavy defeats.Parking the bus is the only option to avoid heavy defeats which are confidence sapping.Also I think he must gamble in the transfer window with a few defensive signings,rather than hesitate and try to fit square pegs (like Briton) into round holes.

Applesisapples

Only saw the second half, not impressed with Dembele, always taking the wrong option and greedy. Sinclair is low in confidence as well. Lustig is getting shakier by the game as well. That said good team doesn't just become bad over night. Enough quality to work with.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Only saw the second half, not impressed with Dembele, always taking the wrong option and greedy. Sinclair is low in confidence as well. Lustig is getting shakier by the game as well. That said good team doesn't just become bad over night. Enough quality to work with.
Was that Lustig in the second half that was looking for offiside when the Hearts player was standing a few yards away from him in the Celtic box? Instead of playing to the whistle and trying to tackle the man.