Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

and where would you be from? at least til we guess the 'star'

Sausalito Bay

Wouldn't be a million miles from yourselves Slim, so that makes it one of three. Don't particularly want to say much more than that.

johnjoe

Quote from: Sausalito Bay on December 01, 2006, 12:22:32 PM
Quote from: culchy1 on December 01, 2006, 10:15:18 AM
also i heard the other nite that frank delargy is the new portglenyin boss an paddy mcneill who trained the county seniors last year, is training them. u heard it here first !!
heard hugh mcgettigan has been approached bout a few jobs aswell!
anyone else hear any news of new managers in the county, who will be takin galls next year, mcgourtys da maybe?

I have a feeling this won't be happening if what I've heard is true, mind you you couldn't make it up. According to our chairman, this Delargy fella approached one of our "stars" asking him to move to Portglenone and he would pay him expenses! Disgraceful you might think, but it gets funnier.

Apparently Delargy didn't even have the job confirmed when this happened, and Portglenones committee found out what he had been doing they promptly ruled him out of the running (to their credit). This came from a call from the Portglenone secretary to our chairman to let him know they knew nothing about Delargys tapping up so I'd say its true enough.

hello,

culchy1

hello to you too johnjoe have u something to say!!

i thought the only stars there were in the portglenyin area were the ones in the sky over the winter!haha
so is delargy not manager then. heard thru the grapevine that woody had asked p mcneill to train the hurlers !

slim is jc takin yunes next year again, wud hope so from ur point o view, gud man for the job!
what bout the 2 tirnaog men join m'glass any truth in it!

SlimShady

Boyd is for Moneyglass, who else?

I'd imagine Sausalisto Bay is from Whitehill  ;)

and the star player in Question is Michael Magill  ;)

I mean, come on-Creggan players wont be leaving, especially their stars now that Morans there. And Moneyglass, well, they have Brady and thats it but he'd have gone before now if he was going to go at all.

Tir na nog man then Sausalisto?

culchy1

i heard boyd and phelim mccloskey are for mg
so magill is the star, so thats an amalgimation of poprtglenyin,greenlough,bellaghy reserves and now randytown.
what wud magill do for hurling then ! spose he cud play for the geraldines!haha

hi slim c yous r playin 4 matches this w/end
under16,minor,u21 an mccormick cup
so goin for dec, spose u fancy ur chances in all 4
r u playin

ThatsTheFootball

culchy,
what Greenlough players play for portgleonone? i cant think of any

SlimShady

Gort na Mona wont be easy beat in the U21's, a great minor side from 2 years ago coming through. Stinsons minors already beat our boys not so long ago, hard to fancy us in that one either.

johnjoe

Hello to you too Culchie. just trying to get the swing of this...new to the board and all that!

Magill wouild be a good catch for portglenone,his club are going nowhere fast! Wasnt it his mother, Mairead Mc atamney that put portglenone on the map? Would that not be a basis for a move to a club with better aspirations? Personally dont agree with the expenses thinng, tho Id imagine throughout the country there are expenses paid for travelling longer distances, etc.

What about Boyd or Mc Cluskey. Will they be an addition to mg. Heard Boyds name mentioned in despatches, but what kind of player is mc cluskey? And why all the talk about Randalstown players on the move. Whats the crack with that?

Sausalito Bay

You should change your name to Columbo Slim. I was talking to the man in question at lunchtime and he says this delargy clown was asking McVeigh from Ballymena and some Kilrea boy to go to Portglenone as well.  I'd say he'll have trouble getting a managers job when clubs hear how he operates.

culchy1

ok 'thatthefootball' i was slightly exagerating!

mcloskey is a halfback not 4 bad
probably better than what they have at the min, his older brother plays for them.

so does delargy think roman abramovich is fuelin the ship or what
sean doc wud have tay sell a hell o alot o pretties b4 they can afford you then slim!! ;D

Maximus Marillius

Thatsthe football....greenlough dont have any players...period

johnjoe

Sausilito boy, if you believe everything that Magill tells you, you will up as big an eejit as he is!

And seeing youre from the over-achieving hotbed of Tir Na Nog, whats the crack with all these players leavin. Rats deserting a sinking ship comes to mind. Do you play yourself?

culchy1

very funny max !!haha

sausy it wasnt one of those 3hour liquid lunch flexi half day things that all good civil servants get on a friday
that u were talkin 2 'the star' durin. spose the w/end up there starts on a weds nite in the bot!!

talkin of clowns, an theres enuf o them round portglenyin, delargy obviously doesnt have any faith in the squad
that portglenyin already have.
mcveigh wud hardly leave the mena, he half mccann is he not, as for any kilrea man joinin them i'd very much doubt it.
kilrea have a very gud up an comin team. that wud be like slim leavin toome 4 tirnaog./

johnjoe

Delargy might have overstepped the mark looking for Magill, but he would still be a good appointment for portglenone. Sure Culchie, didnt he do a decent job at Kilrea, and could hold his head up after a year at the loup. After all the big hullobo and fuss( and ok, he shouldnt have been poaching, but theres not a word about Boyd and Mc Cluskey leaving the same club) maybe he will tell them to shove the job! Im sure it wont change his life!