Armagh v Mayo March 3

Started by onefaircounty, February 18, 2012, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghranger12

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 05, 2012, 09:30:56 AM
Whilst not a result to be overly disheartened with it certainly puts in perspective the euphoria after the Cork and Kerry games. It also nails the lie that only one or two Cross players would make the team. It does howver also reaffirm the fact that under Paddy O'Rourke Armagh have failed to reach a consistent level of play. Perhaps that will change next day out.
1 or 2 Cross players; you must be looking a quite summer on the football front?

Applesisapples

I don't understand your post, but I think you obviously don't know what it means to nail a lie.

armaghranger12

think i miss understood the post. sorry tanks for pointing it out. def need a few more Cross players in the team

Applesisapples

No problem, there are some on here who have been saying that only AK and JC would make the Armagh team that lined out against Cork/Kerry...what I meant was Sunday showed that not to be the case, I would think Morgan, Cunningham, SK,TK and PK perhaps also McKenna could make a good case for a start. I don't buy TOny Mac's BS in todays IN about SK concentrating on Club football, O'Rourke influenced by Murtagh obviously didn't fancy him. I would have him in my team every time.

mannix

maybe mayo were just better on the night? any team can have an off day or night.

rosnarun

or maybe mayo are just a better team  are constantly under rated after all We are now the longest survivors in division 1 can be all about hoping the opposition have off nights
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mannix

i suppose mayo are not rated by a lot of people, its easy to see why. donegal,derry,down,tyrone,armagh,dublin,offaly,cork,meath,kerry,galway are the ones off the top of my head that have won the big prize since we last did. kerry,dublin and perhaps tyrone see us as very beatable, we have beaten all three late in the championship in recent years but not late enough.
mayo are seen as nobodies until we win Sam .

bennydorano

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 06, 2012, 03:33:52 PM
No problem, there are some on here who have been saying that only AK and JC would make the Armagh team that lined out against Cork/Kerry...what I meant was Sunday showed that not to be the case, I would think Morgan, Cunningham, SK,TK and PK perhaps also McKenna could make a good case for a start. I don't buy TOny Mac's BS in todays IN about SK concentrating on Club football, O'Rourke influenced by Murtagh obviously didn't fancy him. I would have him in my team every time.
As Blackadder would have said - i suspect that to be a lie of sorts. Only discussion i remember was about how many Cross  players will / should make the championship team.

Benny Sweeney

LMFAO at both set of supporters!!!!

Mayo4Sam

I was talking to a Donegal buddy and he was saying about how they lost to down and Laois but that they should get two points off mayo and I think for most teams view us as a very possible two points.
In reality I think we're a top 4 team with cork, Kerry & Dublin

Not really sure what ur laughing at Benny  :-\
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

BennyCake

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 06, 2012, 08:16:09 PM
Not really sure what ur laughing at Benny  :-\

Nor me. He brings shame to our family name, so he does.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mannix on March 06, 2012, 05:48:31 PM
i suppose mayo are not rated by a lot of people, its easy to see why. donegal,derry,down,tyrone,armagh,dublin,offaly,cork,meath,kerry,galway are the ones off the top of my head that have won the big prize since we last did. kerry,dublin and perhaps tyrone see us as very beatable, we have beaten all three late in the championship in recent years but not late enough.

That's about it, we need to stop moaning and whinging about been under the radar all the time and win the fricking thing once and for all (sometime) and then we might be recognised as a good team. However, undoubtedly when/if we ever do win Sam again it'll be down to the opposition missing a star player/ they took Mayo lightly for the final/bla bla bla etc.

However mannix, isn't it funny though how you haven't Kildare down on that list, and they're in the top 4, after Cork, Kerry, Dublin. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mac2 on March 05, 2012, 03:46:55 PM
Harte has never really convinced at this level and Mortimer has an awful lot to do if he's to nail down a place, there's a lot of fellas snapping at his heals. Mcloughlin's a good footballer, not sure if the forwards is his best position though.

I have always rated Harte highly. In his earlier days he was inclined to act impetuously when a cooler head was called for and his progress has been curtailed to a great degree by injury but if the choice was mine and Pat was mentally and physically fit, he'd be a shoo-in.
And so would Conoreen. The last night he was a spectator much of the time but he showed he still is a class act. He got one mighty point in the second half when he turned his man several times before popping it over.
It was vintage stuff.
If he stays clear of injury, he should be a front runner for a corner spot.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

pearseog

What about the half-time entertainment??  :P

mannix

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 06, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: mannix on March 06, 2012, 05:48:31 PM

That's about it, we need to stop moaning and whinging about been under the radar all the time and win the fricking thing once and for all (sometime) and then we might be recognised as a good team. However, undoubtedly when/if we ever do win Sam again it'll be down to the opposition missing a star player/ they took Mayo lightly for the final/bla bla bla etc.

However mannix, isn't it funny though how you haven't Kildare down on that list, and they're in the top 4, after Cork, Kerry, Dublin. ::)

I did not put kildare in because mayo have won Sam 3 times since they last won it. Even Louth may have won one in the fifties?