The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

what would you compare the late late show interview with him as main street.

Declan

Turned it off as soon as I saw him on. Long ago gave up on the Late Late being anything but a joke

anglocelt39

Hi there ,unreconstructed border counties would be nationalist free stater here who would like to detest Big Ian as much as the rest of you but perhaps is lacking the requisite creditentials. Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we have a Good Friday agreement sometime in the last century when Tone and Bert told us that all past sins must be forgiven. That lads who were banged up for various heinous crimes on both sides must be released to walk the streets. That lads who some of our hun brethern regard as a small bit dodgy must be allowed to represent nationalists in Stormont if that is what the democratic process dictates.

So this doddery old Orange cnut gets a chat on the telly with the plank, lets get over it lads. Just like we should probably get over other shite that doesn't really matter like the GAA Late Late special (the TG4 stuff is powerful) and the Langer hurling debate.

Good night all.

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

DoYerJob Linesman

There speaks a man far removed from the hatred and naked sectarianism fuelled by Doctor Paisley.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

aroundincircles

The manner off the f£cking interview is my problem such a feeble bit of questioning considering this pot storing pigs history that just sickens me how he was protrayed by that interview;especially after the way adams has been treated in the past by RTE.

Main Street

Quote from: aroundincircles on January 30, 2009, 11:29:06 PM
what would you compare the late late show interview with him as main street.
Dunno, maybe  interviewing a genial Josef Mengele in his garden, stroking his grandchildren while musing about wonderful advances in the practice medicine and  getting in a mention of how much he loves Jews just before the ad break.

BallyhaiseMan

I have a feeling theres a media campaign to portray Ian Paisley as a peacemaker and great statesman of our time,RTE have clearly bought into it.
Conveiniently forgeting his vile rhetoric for the last 30 years which resulted in violent actions leaving countless members of the Nationalist community dead.

ziggysego

Seems I'm the only one who had sense and avoided the love-in.
Testing Accessibility

baoithe

Jnr's eyes are far too close together. And the teeth! Oh my god the teeth on them all!

Tony Baloney

Pat Kenny is chief revisionist historian in Ireland now. Compressed the 125 year history of the gaa into the 70s and 80s and has now airbrushed Paisley's malevolent influence from the history of Northern Ireland.

In the current climate if this was on the bbc there would be hell to pay!

RedandGreenSniper

RTE were 100% right to have Paisley on. Its important that every side of the argument is allowed put their point of view across.

But to give him such an easy ride? Kenny went down further in my estimations (if there is something further than extremely awful) with that. He seemed more interested in shitty anecdotes about how the Paisley children had to 'deal' with Special Forces protection than anything remotely resembling a political discussion/argument.
If Eamon Dunphy has taken a 10% pay cut, Pat should take a 50% one. Actually, no, sack the useless turd
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Main Street

I remember once when Bernadette mcAliskey was on the Late Late interviewed by Gay Byrne around early in the time of the second hunger strike.
Gay couldn't help himself poor man, it just popped out of his mouth and he walked right into it, 'well Bernadette apart from rent a mob there isn't much public concern over this issue'. (rent a mob was a reference to northerners who travelled down to attend parades)
Literally she leaped at him and ripped his throat open and said forcefully, something like 'well maybe if it wasn't for swarmy sneering idiots like yourself and Rte, people (us ignorant freestaters) just might be informed about the issues.'

ONeill

Dumbed down tv for a dumbed down people down there. You wouldn't get that on BBC NI.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedandGreenSniper

Aye, Stephen Nolan is top class alright
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

He'd feckin ask the questions Kenny'd wet himself over.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.