Quote from: Hereiam on September 18, 2023, 12:33:30 PM
Has to have Sean Quinn as next weeks guest

Ciara Mageean is on this Friday night

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on September 18, 2023, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 12:10:07 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 18, 2023, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 09:15:15 AM
Kielty was nervy enough in parts of the show but that was to be expected.
Was good to hear someone that actually knew what he was talking about when interviewing or discussing sport.

Did Hector even speak?
Tiernan & Brollys wife (forget her name) were grand for a bit of craic
McAleese was poor/full of it
Two Johnnies were better off staying in the green room
McLean was decent but doesnt seem comfortable in front of the camera

Overall a huge step up in terms of presenting/interacting with guests than the previous presenter
McLean's story and the input from his wife were very interesting as well as important  Not everyone has  media training.
It's not by chance that the new presenter  is  from the Occupied Territories.

Not sure what this means at all?

I remember one conversation in the early 90s with a colleague who told me that the North was a different country. A sizeable number of people would still believe that in the South. If there is going to be a United Ireland we need as much exposure to each other as possible.

So based on a conversation over 20 years ago you think RTE have chosen Kielty to further the case for a United Ireland?

That same RTE who have always been pushing for a UI I guess?

Applesisapples

I thought he was nervous and understandably so, one thing he has that Ryan didn't have is a bit of empathy. McAleese was disappointing and Mc Clean did well for someone obviously unsure of TV. Tommy was ok as well, joe's wife and the Johnny's would have been better of in the pub.

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 09:15:15 AM
Kielty was nervy enough in parts of the show but that was to be expected.
Was good to hear someone that actually knew what he was talking about when interviewing or discussing sport.

Did Hector even speak?

Overall a huge step up in terms of presenting/interacting with guests than the previous presenter
McLean's story and the input from his wife were very interesting as well as important  Not everyone has  media training.

I remember one conversation in the early 90s with a colleague who told me that the North was a different country. A sizeable number of people would still believe that in the South. If there is going to be a United Ireland we need as much exposure to each other as possible.

So based on a conversation over 20 years ago you think RTE have chosen Kielty to further the case for a United Ireland?

I think we are on the way to an United Ireland and that it is qualitatively different to 2003.
Kielty is a reflection rather than the cause.  I don't care whether you agree or not. Nobody asked you to.

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on September 18, 2023, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 18, 2023, 09:15:15 AMKielty was nervy enough in parts of the show but that was to be expected.

Did Hector even speak?

I think we are on the way to an United Ireland and that it is qualitatively different to 2003.
Kielty is a reflection rather than the cause.  I don't care whether you agree or not. Nobody asked you to.

;D
Course you dont care..........that has been the issue for decades

AustinPowers

Quote from: Hereiam on September 18, 2023, 10:18:24 AMIt is the caliber of guests and topics covered which will make or break PK. the second he has Vogue Williams on then that's the end for me.

No more  Late Late for you then!  ;D

jcpen

These 3 guests do not go well together. A lot of awkwardness and forced laughter.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Hereiam

Quote from: Hereiam on September 18, 2023, 10:18:24 AMIt is the caliber of guests and topics covered which will make or break PK. the second he has Vogue Williams on then that's the end for me.

And thats that....2nd show in and shes on.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Hereiam on September 22, 2023, 09:44:31 PM

She's  never feckin off it.  All we need now is that bollox  Rosenstock.

Blowitupref

Vogue Williams your modern day celebrity for doing what? Must be short on guests already just two shows in.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rois

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 22, 2023, 09:54:04 PMVogue Williams your modern day celebrity for doing what? Must be short on guests already just two shows in.
You know what - I like her!

From the Bunker

Ciara McGeean can talk ......... and talk

jcpen

This Vogue wan is an awful dose.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

From the Bunker

........... and then Vogue declares she has a mixed house of Catholic and Protestant of children.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hereiam on September 22, 2023, 09:44:31 PM

;D She'd give you the skitter.