The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Jesus that show was a puke fest.  Geldof's head must've been some size after it. And that singing of happy birthday at the end was cringeworthy

The late late show has totally gone to the dogs

Shamrock Shore

I recorded it and fast forwarded.

The guests were strange. Like Andrea and Imelda........wha?

Shur, they weren't born when the Rats were having hits. No Pete Holidai, no Blades, no Tom Dunne.

It was just fluff....and pukey at times for sure.

Did Imelda do one of her 'po-emms'?

3 ex UK PMs and no ex Teashops. It's bad when even Bertie didn't get the nod.

Ringo Starr is 81. He looks 60. What's the story?

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 04, 2021, 10:51:50 AM

3 ex UK PMs and no ex Teashops.

West Brit right enough ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tiempo

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2021, 10:21:16 AM
Jesus that show was a puke fest.  Geldof's head must've been some size after it. And that singing of happy birthday at the end was cringeworthy

Ah gwan they did not

Jebus thats nothing but a stain on the undies of Ireland that show, pure establishment drivel

Itchy

Shur, they weren't born when the Rats were having hits. No Pete Holidai, no Blades, no Tom Dunne.

Imelda is a sad case, she is always hanging around these types of things. Maybe that is the way of showbiz but I'd rather see her succeed because what talent she has rather than whose arse she kisses.

BTW when will the late late do a birthday bash for some of the real heroes in this country - The nurses/doctors that kept the lights on during covid or Father Peter McVerry (a man who wouldn't charge at all to talk about homelessness unlike Sir Bob). There are lots of people who are an inspiration in this country yet RTE goes running around after assholes like Geldoff and Bono. Thats why Tommy Tiernans show is so far ahead, its 1) the host and 2) the interesting guests he has on.

Shamrock Shore

Same hoors will be dragged back when Sinead turns 70.......even if RTE have to exhume a few.

tiempo

Its gonna be some craic watching the establishment squirm when SF romp the next election, maybe they can clear house on some of this propagandist horse shit

sid waddell

Quote from: tiempo on October 04, 2021, 12:55:51 PM
Its gonna be some craic watching the establishment squirm when SF romp the next election, maybe they can clear house on some of this propagandist horse shit
No political party in Ireland uses propaganda more than Sinn Fein.

tiempo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2021, 01:11:11 PM
No political party in Ireland uses propaganda more has been more oppressed by propaganda than Sinn Fein.

Fixed that for you

Section 31 ring a bell?

BennyCake

Quote from: tiempo on October 04, 2021, 11:37:53 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2021, 10:21:16 AM

Ah gwan they did not

Jebus thats nothing but a stain on the undies of Ireland that show, pure establishment drivel

They did!

You're right on the establishment though. A lackey as host, arselicking week on week. No more so than when that gangster Enda Kenny was on a while back. I've never seen such a smarmy , slimey creep being interviewed. All going unchallenged by tubridy

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on October 04, 2021, 11:42:22 AM

Imelda is a sad case, she is always hanging around these types of things. Maybe that is the way of showbiz but I'd rather see her succeed because what talent she has rather than whose arse she kisses.

BTW when will the late late do a birthday bash for some of the real heroes in this country - The nurses/doctors that kept the lights on during covid or Father Peter McVerry (a man who wouldn't charge at all to talk about homelessness unlike Sir Bob). There are lots of people who are an inspiration in this country yet RTE goes running around after assholes like Geldoff and Bono. Thats why Tommy Tiernans show is so far ahead, its 1) the host and 2) the interesting guests he has on.

Imelda and Andrea looked lost (and winging it)on stage during one of Bobs songs.

Fr. Peter McVerry is a serious hero! He's so humble, he'd never agree to being displayed like a piece of meat on the LLS.

When Geldoff appeared on Tommy Tiernans show. Tiernan asked Geldoff ''if his equipment still worked and did he still crave the ride?''

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 04, 2021, 12:48:48 PM
Same hoors will be dragged back when Sinead turns 70.......even if RTE have to exhume a few.
Like her or not, at least Sinéad, one among many Irish traditional singers, is/was a talent. Geldof has zilch to offer as a legacy.
Wild horses wouldn't have dragged me to one of their gigs. He was always 2nd division, then got demoted ignominiously to the Leinster League.
He's been recognised already for the Live Aid thing, that was 35 years ago.

Don't despair just yet, Johnny Fean must be touching 70 ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: tiempo on October 04, 2021, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2021, 01:11:11 PM
No political party in Ireland uses propaganda more has been more oppressed by propaganda than Sinn Fein.

Fixed that for you

Section 31 ring a bell?
On that basis, I presume you'd think the Kinahans, or anti-vaxxers or, hey, ISIS, are oppressed by propaganda.

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on October 04, 2021, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 04, 2021, 12:48:48 PM
Like her or not, at least Sinéad, one among many Irish traditional singers, is/was a talent. Geldof has zilch to offer as a legacy.
Wild horses wouldn't have dragged me to one of their gigs. He was always 2nd division, then got demoted ignominiously to the Leinster League.
He's been recognised already for the Live Aid thing, that was 35 years ago.

Don't despair just yet, Johnny Fean must be touching 70 ;D
I love Sinead but in truth, most people could name no more than two songs of hers, and one of those was written by Prince.

quit yo jibbajabba

On a par with Boomtown then...