The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on December 03, 2016, 12:59:57 AM
I thought it was the poorest one in a while. Camera work was shit and a lot of focus on 'talent'.

Camera work on LLS is always Shite. They try to hard. Being fair to Tubridy he does embrace the show and is better than Gaybo or Pat! The reality is TV has moved on and like Top of the Pops in it day, Fads and the like can be often not as important!

AZOffaly

Harsh to call the late late toy show a fad!

Cunny Funt

When you think about it we have been treated to a few decades of some awful talk show hosts on RTE from Miriam O Callaghan,Brendan O Connor,Ray Darcy,Pat Kenny,Ryan Tubridy and all getting ridiculous high wages for their lack of skills or charisma to host these shows to begin with.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 03, 2016, 09:36:02 AM
When you think about it we have been treated to a few decades of some awful talk show hosts on RTE from Miriam O Callaghan,Brendan O Connor,Ray Darcy,Pat Kenny,Ryan Tubridy and all getting ridiculous high wages for their lack of skills or charisma to host these shows to begin with.

that is some sentence for one sentence...

seafoid

RTE is on a very shaky scraw. Its advertising income never recovered from 2008. Part of this is purely economic but another part is what is happening online. The one size fits all ad is losing market share to data driven stuff culled from the Facebook info that RTE viewers share willingly online. Facebook knows more about the viewers than RTE does. And sells that to advertisers. Who are now looking at developing different ads for the same product for different market segments.

The national broadcaster model is under huge pressure. It is very hard to please everyone all of the time especially when people have choices.
Even Sky is suffering. People are not watching soccer matches for the full 90 minutes.

The TSG panel is a good example of the problem RTE has. The auld fellas love listening to Spillane talking shite. Younger people prefer Brolly. The 2 can't stand each other....

In the good old days RTE had a simple music system. The hotline with Tony Fenton for chart people and Dave Fanning for alternative stuff. Now kids can follow their noses online. No need for the Dave Fanning model.  If teenagers want to know something now they'll go online to some vlogger before they'll go to RTE.

Tubridy is a relic of the old system in the new world. He probably thought he could emulate Gaybo and do it until he was 65.

RTE has a big challenge to stay relevant.

Tony Baloney

Who are these people?!  :o

BennyCake

Who is that p***k acting Trump? He's about as funny as a kick in the goolies.

5 Sams

Quote from: BennyCake on January 20, 2017, 10:09:48 PM
Who is that p***k acting Trump? He's about as funny as a kick in the goolies.

Oliver Callan...Paul Galvin smacked him in a pub in Dublin one night...didnt hit the p***k hard enough..
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

Jaysis I'd love a Supermacs now...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

laoislad

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2017, 10:24:35 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2017, 10:22:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2017, 10:19:07 PM
LOL. Shnack box
Smokey bacon burger and a curry cheese chips!

Agreed..one schlight amendment however...garlic cheese chip.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Jesus lads the toilet brush must get some use in your house.

laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 20, 2017, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2017, 10:24:35 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2017, 10:22:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2017, 10:19:07 PM
LOL. Shnack box
Smokey bacon burger and a curry cheese chips!

Agreed..one schlight amendment however...garlic cheese chip.
I did a bit of electrical work for a few Supermacs outlets a few years ago and any store I visited would give me a free meal anytime I was there!  I like the garlic cheese chips myself but only after a few pints.

laoislad

Good man Finbarr... This was my wedding song.