Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

It's been like that for a few weeks now. It's embarrassing reading it now. I like a bit of banter from now and then on a social media account but it's every post and they are taking the piss out of individuals. It's like a kid has been given it.

I was wanting to follow the game at the weekend against lgiel but quickly realised the account wasn't going to doing anything other than post shite.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 24, 2019, 09:11:25 PM
It's been like that for a few weeks now. It's embarrassing reading it now. I like a bit of banter from now and then on a social media account but it's every post and they are taking the piss out of individuals. It's like a kid has been given it.

I was wanting to follow the game at the weekend against lgiel but quickly realised the account wasn't going to doing anything other than post shite.

Couldn't make the match so like you had a scan of Twitter for the score and couldn't believe some of the stuff I was reading. Maybe I'm out of touch with the modern 'banter' but like you just found it embarrassing.

breakingball

Massive exaggeration there. Nothing to gain by posting this nonsense

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2019, 01:07:16 PM
Quote from: saffman on April 24, 2019, 10:47:12 AM
St Endas V Sarsfields next weekend should be a good game, come the end of the season if fancy these two for the top positions

A lot of bad blood between these two teams lately, should be interesting

Last Man

Quote from: breakingball on April 25, 2019, 12:11:12 PM
Massive exaggeration there. Nothing to gain by posting this nonsense

St Endas V Sarsfields next weekend should be a good game, come the end of the season if fancy these two for the top positions

Wouldn't worry about it lad. Hardly anybody reads this stuff anymore. Pretty sure we don't see it that way, it's the 3rd match of the season after all.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on April 24, 2019, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 24, 2019, 09:11:25 PM

Couldn't make the match so like you had a scan of Twitter for the score and couldn't believe some of the stuff I was reading. Maybe I'm out of touch with the modern 'banter' but like you just found it embarrassing.

No it is just cringeworthy.

paddyjohn

Hopefully we get a decent ref for the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2019, 02:23:26 PM

County struggling with refs, so more the merrier please.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2019, 06:17:32 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2019, 02:23:26 PM

County struggling with refs, so more the merrier please.

I'm on duty on both Saturday and Sunday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on April 29, 2019, 01:25:59 PM
What's the story with referees not showing up this season , been too watch Ballycastle minors a few times this season and already have 2/3 referees not showing up for the games so the club referee has to do it . Fair play to the man for doing it . Some nice hurlers in the Ballycastle minor team tho some of the fellas that left will be a big loss to them . Seamy Mcauley great wee hurler and Cormac Donnelly is solid , had a great wee keeper but they have moved him into the forwards and think they have found a real natural forward in the games that I have watched him in .

Thats as nearly as bad as both teams not turning up and the referee is there! happened on a few occasions this year already.

On your point, there is not enough referees I think, you could be out 5/6 days a week as a referee if you can fit that into your work/home life. plus last week was Easter week and there might not have been as many ref's available.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

I remember being sent from Belfast up to Glenravel to do a match one 13th July, of all days & i was the only bugger there. Similar thing happened when I became an assessor too. The county plays fast & loose with your leisure time & couldn't give a damn about inconveniencing you. Result - I am no longer involved. I would suspect that I am not the only 1 that it happened to & it used to piss me off no end that nobody could be bothered to phone you when a match had been cancelled to tell you not to turn up. Then they sit & wonder why nobody can be arsed anymore?

paddyjohn

I remember heading to Falls park one night to ref a game, beautiful Sunday evening it was. Nobody there at all. Both teams had contacted the county but the county didn't bother to tell me, went to Feystown straight from work in Derry City on a Friday night, same story.

I admire lads who give up their time to ref our games and officiate in any capacity like umpire.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 29, 2019, 08:41:12 PM
I remember heading to Falls park one night to ref a game, beautiful Sunday evening it was. Nobody there at all. Both teams had contacted the county but the county didn't bother to tell me, went to Feystown straight from work in Derry City on a Friday night, same story.

I admire lads who give up their time to ref our games and officiate in any capacity like umpire.
Derry to Feystown is dedication. No wonder people can't be arsed.

Last Man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 30, 2019, 08:41:11 AM

Should make it mandatory for club secs to copy referee coordinator in any correspondence regarding  refixes, or else it's seen as a no show and a fine. Problem solved.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive a lot of respect for any man or woman who wants to be a ref. i did it a few times and its bloody hard work and you really cant see everything that goes on during the game and your own lot give you more abuse that the other team do! lol

i always make a point of shaking a refs hand at the end of the game and apologise if i was giving off to him during it.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Last Man on April 30, 2019, 10:29:54 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 30, 2019, 08:41:11 AM

Should make it mandatory for club secs to copy referee coordinator in any correspondence regarding  refixes, or else it's seen as a no show and a fine. Problem solved.

Fixtures secretary normally has to give consent to both clubs refixing a game and they inform the referee.

Servasport irons out a lot of these issues as I think it automatically updates referees, if the fixtures secretary updates it.
MR2 will know for sure.