Leinster U-20 Football 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

how anyone here thinks BOL deserves this job beggers believe in my eyes. After that petulant act of kicking the ball away in leinster club final for that alone i would not hire him, heaping more pressure on a team floundering.

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on January 29, 2018, 01:07:02 PM
how anyone here thinks BOL deserves this job beggers believe in my eyes. After that petulant act of kicking the ball away in leinster club final for that alone i would not hire him, heaping more pressure on a team floundering.
Seems an odd reason not to appoint a manager, because he had a free brought up in a football match (not to mention a free that wasn't actually converted). 

Tintin84

Let alone the only reason he got brought on was that of who the manager was another connection to the family, He was a bit part player for Arles Kileen all his career, People saying give him a chance (Very few mind you going by comments on facebook) The selection committee have messed up with this one, Here is someone who has no club management experience only u16 club experience whether he did a good interview or not there should have been common sense prevail here sorry Billy try again next year get yourself a club team see what you can do and come back then if ifs there again next year. But nope give it to him now, Maybe he'll bring in Daddy with him and Luke Dempsey for a few sessions and all team meetings in O'Loughlin's hotel too.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tintin84 on January 29, 2018, 01:26:16 PM
Let alone the only reason he got brought on was that of who the manager was another connection to the family, He was a bit part player for Arles Kileen all his career, People saying give him a chance (Very few mind you going by comments on facebook) The selection committee have messed up with this one, Here is someone who has no club management experience only u16 club experience whether he did a good interview or not there should have been common sense prevail here sorry Billy try again next year get yourself a club team see what you can do and come back then if ifs there again next year. But nope give it to him now, Maybe he'll bring in Daddy with him and Luke Dempsey for a few sessions and all team meetings in O'Loughlin's hotel too.
What comments on facebook?

From the Terrace

Don just showing an example of poor behaviour by billy on a football field. That is not an example a manager should set for any group of players. And the ball broke after that free and moorefield got the easiest of points.

steven seagal

More luck to Billy if he's the chosen candidate. I'd have my doubts about Shaggy and Phelan on a selection committee, but Byron is no mug, and if he impressed him enough then I'll give him a chance. I wouldn't have even thought of him to take over tbh, but if he could win two games in that group he'll have done well.

The bigger issue around the appointment, to my mind, is that we're not developing our own coaches any more and bringing them through with the development squads. Every time a development squad comes through to these grades, we have to go looking for a new manager for them, when in reality, whoever has had them since U-13 should be developing at the same pace as the players, and be fit to stay on as manager. We're probably over reliant on the GDAs in that regard.

Tintin84

Quote from: Don Draper on January 29, 2018, 01:31:16 PM
Check the comments on Leinster express sport and also Laois today. All the same theme!!!

Don Draper

Quote from: Tintin84 on January 29, 2018, 01:38:13 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 29, 2018, 01:31:16 PM
Check the comments on Leinster express sport and also Laois today. All the same theme!!!
About 14 comments in total?

SCFC

Good luck to him but it's underwhelming to say the least.
Hope we're wrong but anyone I've spoken to is gobsmacked.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

the appointment of billy, if ratified tonight will go down in most quarters as comedy gold, with the laughing all in the direction of laois gaa. it is some statement about the state of affairs of laois underage football. 

for billy it is a no lose job...nobody expects much, and if they fail, he can slide back to oblivion having had his chance.

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on January 29, 2018, 01:33:19 PM
Don just showing an example of poor behaviour by billy on a football field. That is not an example a manager should set for any group of players. And the ball broke after that free and moorefield got the easiest of points.
Jesus he made a mistake, and you want to hang him for life. A Laois legend once got months for interfering with a linesman, you'd have probably banned Mick Lawlor for life too. 

From the Terrace

Nonsense don. We'll see who's proved right on this appointment.

From the Terrace

Comparing one of the finest footballers laois has ever produced & BOL just sums up this argument. Circus.

Bamford1995

Soo many keyboard warriors here cowarding being their computers giving the man a tough time. It's not an ideal appointment but has there been one in the last 5 years?? He wouldn't have looked for it if he didn't think he could give it a good rattle. He wasn't the greatest player to have played but his coaching and managerial skills are impressive. We are a sinking ship the last 10 years and it can't get any worse

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on January 29, 2018, 07:22:41 PM
Nonsense don. We'll see who's proved right on this appointment.
Whether the appointment is successful or not is not what you're debating. You're crucifying a player for a mistake made, again, a mistake that didn't cost a score. You're blinkered on this one. Play the ball, not the man.

Quote from: From the Terrace on January 29, 2018, 07:37:40 PM
Comparing one of the finest footballers laois has ever produced & BOL just sums up this argument. Circus.
I was using your logic, whereby you'd have crucified Mick for a burst of petulance. If this is the circus, you my friend, are the, well you might be able to figure out where this is going.