Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Podga shite as usual but can't blame him manager has serious questions to answer how a player can regress so much under him. And Sanchez will do nothing at united like he did at Arsenal because he's playing under mourinho and attacking players can't get there best out of themselves under park the bus tactics

AZOffaly

RTE panel seemed way OTT given a 0-0 away from home. I get that Mourinho teams aren't that exciting to watch but they made it sound like United were about 16th in the league.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: oliverkelly on February 21, 2018, 10:32:39 PM
Podga shite as usual but can't blame him manager has serious questions to answer how a player can regress so much under him. And Sanchez will do nothing at united like he did at Arsenal because he's playing under mourinho and attacking players can't get there best out of themselves under park the bus tactics
Last season when he did it at Arsenal, Sanchez a player bought bang out of form and  Dietmar Hamann could be right when he said on RTE tonight they haven't bought the player they thought they bought.

yellowcard

Average performance, good result although a score draw would have given a bit more margin for error. The season will now be defined by the CL and in a big once off do or die match I expect a much improved performance at home which should be enough to beat Sevilla.

maldini

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 21, 2018, 10:35:54 PM
RTE panel seemed way OTT given a 0-0 away from home. I get that Mourinho teams aren't that exciting to watch but they made it sound like United were about 16th in the league.

Are you sure you don't mean 16 points behind?

Taylor

Only caught bits of that game last night but by god utd are hard to watch. no ambition at all.

contrast that to liverpool last week.

Maureen has to take the blame and no wonder certain sections of utd fans want him out

BenDover

Typical away European performance from a Mourinho side, really hard to watch. He'd be happy with 1-0 home wins as long as his team progress.

Maroon Manc

The overreaction as usual is way over the top everywhere. United were average and dull to watch but its a good result, I'd have taken that before the game and they've a really good record at home.

United aren't paying well, there's too many players out of form mainly Pogba. Sevilla had one great chance and that come because of crap defending from Smalling, didn't react to his man drifting in behind him. Valencia has regressed this season too, United are going to need a new right back next season.

There's no shortage of big games coming up but the time to judge Mourinho is at the end of the season.

johnneycool

Quote from: BenDover on February 22, 2018, 08:33:09 AM
Typical away European performance from a Mourinho side, really hard to watch. He'd be happy with 1-0 home wins as long as his team progress.

That's all right and acceptable when you're a Spurs or even Liverpool, but with the resources at his disposal, Josie really should be going at Seville a bit more even away from home.

Being kind to Josie, I'd say he's pragmatic, dour even.

Those performances aren't going to get the tourists off their seats at the theatre of sleepy dreams.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 22, 2018, 08:55:38 AM

The overreaction as usual is way over the top everywhere. United were average and dull to watch but its a good result, I'd have taken that before the game and they've a really good record at home.

United aren't paying well, there's too many players out of form mainly Pogba. Sevilla had one great chance and that come because of crap defending from Smalling, didn't react to his man drifting in behind him. Valencia has regressed this season too, United are going to need a new right back next season.

There's no shortage of big games coming up but the time to judge Mourinho is at the end of the season.

I'd say Sanchez would disagree with you on that point!  ;D ;D

screenexile

Try listening to BT!! United were comfortable and Sevilla offered nothing going forward, a very average team apparently United will have no trouble at all beating them at Old Trafford.

stew

I hope they go out! I hope Sevilla got at them at sneak a win, somebody has to hold this clown accountable fornthe dirge he serves up, 0-0 is not a bad score away from home but you have to try

to score do you not?

The only way United will change is that they lose, and lose often, revenues go down and four year deal or not, this tube will be gone because as well as being the biggest club in the world, they are the most corporate club in the world and money is everything to the Glaziers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

No surprises with that last night. Exactly what was expected. More of the same rubbish. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic and play conservatively but this was Sevilla, not Barcelona or Bayern or Real and this type of rubbish is now unfortunately the norm. 0-0 away in the first leg is a terribly dangerous score and especially for a team that score very few goals against decent opposition. I still think United will go through but with the players United have and the money that has been spent they should be taking out the likes of Sevilla. Contrast United's tactics to those of Spurs and Liverpool who I don't believe have better squads. The bottom line is Mourinho is not a Manchester United manager and never will be. He's a scrubber.

Delighted at the emergence of McTominay. He looks a real player and last night was probably the most pressure situation he was in and he has no problems.

I think United will go through but it could be a hairy evening.

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 22, 2018, 09:52:41 AM
No surprises with that last night. Exactly what was expected. More of the same rubbish. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic and play conservatively but this was Sevilla, not Barcelona or Bayern or Real and this type of rubbish is now unfortunately the norm. 0-0 away in the first leg is a terribly dangerous score and especially for a team that score very few goals against decent opposition. I still think United will go through but with the players United have and the money that has been spent they should be taking out the likes of Sevilla. Contrast United's tactics to those of Spurs and Liverpool who I don't believe have better squads. The bottom line is Mourinho is not a Manchester United manager and never will be. He's a scrubber.

Delighted at the emergence of McTominay. He looks a real player and last night was probably the most pressure situation he was in and he has no problems.

Aye,
    but he's a stopper, a tackler and all that. The type of player Josie likes. He's not the most creative soul with the ball at his feet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2018, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 22, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

Aye,
    but he's a stopper, a tackler and all that. The type of player Josie likes. He's not the most creative soul with the ball at his feet.

I think he's more than that to be honest. Maroon Manc will fill us on more on this but McTominay was a small midfield schemer like a Modric and suddenly grew 5 or 6 inches in a year. The technical ability is there.

Correction - he grew 10 inches in 2 years. From 5'6" to 6'4".