Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Happy that Celtic are on course for the treble and are unbeaten,but don't think this is a great feat as they have no credible domestic opposition.Am hoping for better things in Europe next season.

Now compare this season with the start made by the legendary Jock Stein who,in his first full season won every Scottish trophy (and the Rangers team reached the European Cup Winners Cup Final and were beaten only after extra time by Bayern Munich that same season) and the European Cup.That is worth celebrating even fifty years on.

bennydorano

Showing your lack of knowledge again there T

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on May 20, 2017, 09:08:06 PM
How am I not a true fan? Honouring the Lions and paying a substantial sum for two tickets with all profits going to the Celtic Foundation who do magnificent work?

What does that mean -  Your willing to spend a few pound to get your head into some photos with some former / current players so you can show the girlfriend....wise up fella....and stay in the house.

T Fearon

I have met all the Lions apart from Willie Wallace.I even saw a few of them play.I just want to be part of this 50th anniversary tribute and help the Celtic Foundation.I don't think there'll be too many around sadly for the 60th.

Dougal Maguire

Do you honestly think that anyone on this board is impressed by this or is thinking anything other than 'what a narcissistic geriatric idiot that guy is' Indeed I ask any Board member who thinks otherwise to say so
Careful now

Tony Baloney

Tony you talk about a significant outlay for these tickets. Fro. A cursory search online they appear to be 85 quid each. Not cheap but the Celtic Foundation won't live or die on your attendance. You really need to get a hobby as attention seeking at your age really is a pathetic occupation.

T Fearon

Actually 85 plus VAT.I am not trying to impress anyone.I am simply pointing out that my support for the club is practical,unlike I suspect the majority on this thread,who are armchair fans pontificating vacuously.

ned

Different people have different circumstances. Professing your support in monetary terms is un-christian and elitist. Some of us do not feel a need to impress.

Dougal Maguire

How much did you contribute to the poppy seller?
Careful now

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 21, 2017, 01:13:37 AM
Do you honestly think that anyone on this board is impressed by this or is thinking anything other than 'what a narcissistic geriatric idiot that guy is' Indeed I ask any Board member who thinks otherwise to say so
I think we all know its Sweet FA to do with the Celtic foundation but 100 % due to the possibility of torturing those in attendance to pose for a photo with the Armagh narcissist

T Fearon

It's about

Honouring the 50th Anniversary of a momentous achievement and privileged to be in the company of a few who made it happen.Nothing more nothing less.I have a Lions book signed by everyone of them apart from Willie Wallace,so no signatures or photos required.

playwiththewind1st

£85 x 2 + the VAT? Well, that would mean that the Celtic Foundation can cure world poverty and all other problems before Christmas - all sorted.
I'd say an equal, unquestioning, donation to the BR transfer kitty over the summer should guarantee CL success in 2018.
Then we'll only have the planned 2068 "2018 Lions 50th anniversary" luncheon anecdote to listen to, for the next 50 years.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2017, 11:26:55 AM
It's about

Honouring the 50th Anniversary of a momentous achievement and privileged to be in the company of a few who made it happen.Nothing more nothing less.I have a Lions book signed by everyone of them apart from Willie Wallace,so no signatures or photos required.
So you have an autograph book. I swear to God man, you've a mental age of 7
Careful now

playwiththewind1st

In any case, this old 1967 mullarkey was vastly overrated. An average manager assembled a team of journeymen from within a 30 odd mile radius of Glasgow. There was no competition in Europe, given that the entire continent was still recovering from the 1939-45 conflict. A very average season indeed.....winning every competition entered & every trophy played for was the minimum that I would have expected. No need for any lunches in celebration of reaching the minimum expected standards  - no opposition either at home or abroad.

T Fearon

I do not have an autograph book,I have an official published text book wentitled The Lisbon Lions, with the autographs (and for reasons of authenticity my photograph with all the signatories) of all but Willie Wallace.Like many other adults I collect signed sporting memorabilia.

Now my question remains unanswered.What do others who pontificate on this thread do to support the club in practical ways.