American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

The Jets look to be in far worse shape than the Browns. Haden has been plagued with injuries the last two years.

AZOffaly

Jets look chronic, I thought Browns were looking reasonable?

Oraisteach

Even I think the Jets are in worse shape.  Haden has been injured, but he's the closest we had to a shut-down corner.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 30, 2017, 07:36:42 PM
Browns seem determined to finish last in NFL after cutting CB Joe Haden.  To make matters worse, Steelers appear to be the most eager to sign him.

Of course that clown GM for the Packers wont look at him because he would be a hit to the cap, TT it useless, the worst GM in Football! Bottom five anyhow.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

I know there were a couple of games last weekend, but tonight is the real start of College Football season. hard to beat it. This Saturday sees #1 Alabama and #3 Florida State going at it immediately. Great stuff.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on August 30, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Browns seem determined to finish last in NFL after cutting CB Joe Haden.  To make matters worse, Steelers appear to be the most eager to sign him.

Of course that clown GM for the Packers wont look at him because he would be a hit to the cap, TT it useless, the worst GM in Football! Bottom five anyhow.

With such a bad GM and Head Coach it's simply amazing the Packers win any games at all.  ::)

Oraisteach

NFL Pre-Season Champions: The Cleveland Browns.    Ah, well . . . . .

Ball Hopper

Soccer:  USA 0 Costa Rica 2. 

All to play for away to Honduras next week.  Win there and third place qualifier should be safe (which assumes wins in the last two games v Panama at home and Trinidad & Tobago away).

Mexico and Costa Rica will also qualify for Russia, with the fourth placed team (likely Honduras or Panama) to play off with Asia fourth (could be Australia or Syria or Uzbekistan).

'Tis nearly too much to take...

RealSpiritof98

College ball really starting to rival Nfl for me. This Michigan v Florida a good game (go blue) but also looking forward to bama v Florida st

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 01, 2017, 08:57:16 AM
Quote from: stew on August 30, 2017, 10:35:01 PM

With such a bad GM and Head Coach it's simply amazing the Packers win any games at all.  ::)

Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers?

If you think Thompson is a good GM you know damn all about American football, he is below average at best.

As for the head coach, he is too conservative when it matters, predictable and he, like Thompson hurts the packers.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 02, 2017, 11:38:44 PM
College ball really starting to rival Nfl for me. This Michigan v Florida a good game (go blue) but also looking forward to bama v Florida st

College is lower quality but a better all round experience in my opinion, even on telly.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2017, 12:40:12 AM

College is lower quality but a better all round experience in my opinion, even on telly.

I agree lower quality but not to its detriment, more turnovers and better plays made. I love the unpredictable aspect of it all. Although God knows why they have rankings on week one, surely week 3/4 should be 1st announcement of any rankings

Syferus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 03, 2017, 12:47:34 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2017, 12:40:12 AM

I agree lower quality but not to its detriment, more turnovers and better plays made. I love the unpredictable aspect of it all. Although God knows why they have rankings on week one, surely week 3/4 should be 1st announcement of any rankings

This are informal rankings and have nothing to do with the actual ones what decide who gets into the play-offs.

EDIT: Bama are such a machine. They're doing what Dublin are here but with plenty of other 800 lb gorillas around. FSU brushed aside and only a weekend of the season done. #1 is theirs to lose this season, as usual.

Auburn get their chance to make a statement of their own next weekend going to Clemson, some place for Stidham to make his second start for the Tigers..

stew

I will always be a badgers fan first and foremost, that said I love Auburn, their history and the campus itself, I am a huge fan of Bo Jackson and his legacy with Auburn is forever cememnted in their history.

Alabama is a factory, the best team in the country bar none, Auburn will push them but Bama are on a different level to the rest, they are that good.

AZOffaly

Saban is some pup. Every assistant coach he has is coveted by other teams. But every time he plays any of them, he beats them. 11-0 against former assistants now. Some record.

'Bama look awesome.