Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: sambostar on June 25, 2018, 11:13:47 PM
Have Kildare not given up home advantage willingly for league games against the Dubs in recent years? They can't pick & choose when it suits them to play in Croke Park.

Hard to see the GAA rowing back now, likely tickets have been distributed & printed to 4 county boards already & need to be given out to clubs 2mro night for distribution

Why the hell wouldn't they be able to pick and choose when they have home advantage?

Shamrock Shore

Bernard Flynn not impressed with Cian.

@bernardflynn15

OK let's call a spade a spade ,and anyone who really knows down deep the way really good teams and managers work .....would ask the question tonight " WHAT IN GODs NAME WAS CIAN O NEIL DOING ON TV TONIGHT" #eyeofftheball

macdanger2

What's he calling a spade? Or is he digging a hole for himself?

omaghjoe

Im fully behind Kildare here btw but Im finding this is great entertainment altogether.... when was the last DNF at county level.

The list of people to blame is hilarious

Sky
The Dubs
The suits

who else can we blame for it that I dont like...?

Brexit?
Isrealis?
Derry?

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2018, 11:21:34 PM

@bernardflynn15

OK let's call a spade a spade ,and anyone who really knows down deep the way really good teams and managers work .....would ask the question tonight " WHAT IN GODs NAME WAS CIAN O NEIL DOING ON TV TONIGHT" #eyeofftheball

This can go straight in the 'Mayo aren't winning All-Irelands because Aidan O'Shea is signing too many autographs for kids after matches' category of Flynnisms.

Ball Hopper

I presume it's only a matter of time before the legal lads print out the Round 3 rules from the GAA website and slap an injunction on HQ for trying to change the rules.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 11:25:18 PM

@bernardflynn15

This can go straight in the 'Mayo aren't winning All-Irelands because Aidan O'Shea is signing too many autographs for kids after matches' category of Flynnisms.

Colm Garvey
@colm1798
11m11 minutes ago
More
Replying to @bernardflynn15
Seems to me Kildare are biting their nose to spite their face in this whole affair

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Tickets still on sale for double fixture in Croke Park if anyone is interested?  ;D

Jinxy

What happens if neither team shows up?
Have to give a bye to one of the provincial finalists into the Super 8?

screenexile

Sky have washed their hands of it and hung HQ out to dry as well . . .

"Sky has absolutely no influence on the selection of venues for live televised matches"

Over to you GAA HQ!

Jinxy

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 25, 2018, 09:51:18 PM
Blaming sky for this is way out of line - some real morons out there....

Blame the cp moron who tried to steamroll Kildare..

Unless I'm mistaken, SKY pick the games they will cover after the draw is made.
Do you honestly think they just said, "We'll take Cavan v Tyrone and Kildare v Mayo" and hung up the phone?
Strange that the two games they picked were both moved to Croke Park.

Mayo4Sam14

Kildare should throw a curve ball and call for the game to be played in Castlebar, Mayo can hardly win a game there anyway 😂
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Solo_run

Could not give a hoot if HQ have maintenance costs.

The rules of the qualifiers are clearly stated - Kildare are to have home advantage. Less than 24hrs from being given home advantage GAA turn around and try to take it away from them! There are no specified minimum number of fans that have to attend games so they should be allowed to play at home.

I don't like the idea that 4 out of the 8 teams in the draw get the advantage of playing a game at Croke Park. If Croke Park wanted the extra money then they should have thought about this beforehand.

The local communities in Cavan and Kildare will be losing out from the game moving.

Fair play to Kildare for sticking to their guns. It's doesnt sound like Kildare are going to back peddle in this and rightly so. I hope this is the end of it so Kildare can focus on preparing for their game this weekend...it is becoming an unwanted distraction.

Jayop

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 25, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
Im fully behind Kildare here btw but Im finding this is great entertainment altogether.... when was the last DNF at county level.

The list of people to blame is hilarious

Sky
The Dubs
The suits

who else can we blame for it that I dont like...?

Brexit?
Isrealis?
Derry?

I'm surprised that Tyrone haven't been blamed saying as apparently every time there's something controversial in the GAA Tyrone seem to be blamed.

yellowcard

@bernardflynn15

I like Bernard Flynn and listened to him on 2FM earlier where his opinion seemed to flip flop about 3 or 4 times during the course of the interview. He's a sensationalist and I wouldn't take him too seriously as he sometimes goes off on tangents but I'd say he'd be good craic on a night out!