Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

And the knights in shining armour career in valiantly to their great provincial adversaries' defence -- take a bow the (rather pathetic) pair of you :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2016, 08:52:11 PM
And the knights in shining armour career in valiantly to their great provincial adversaries' defence -- take a bow the (rather pathetic) pair of you :D
I'm beginning tpo get worried that you and Jinxy will establish squatters' rights and become permanent additions to the ever- increasing number of Mayophiles on the board.
With seafóid and Syferus already in situ and spouting more shite adding to the sum total of human knowledge, we poor natives won't be able to get a word in edgeways before long.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 13, 2016, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2016, 08:52:11 PM
I'm beginning tpo get worried that you and Jinxy will establish squatters' rights and become permanent additions to the ever- increasing number of Mayophiles on the board.
With seafóid and Syferus already in situ and spouting more shite adding to the sum total of human knowledge, we poor natives won't be able to get a word in edgeways before long.

Feck it, I've been rumbled! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 14, 2016, 01:48:15 PM
Do Mayo have a plan for Dublin?

Most drive to get there, a few take the bus, the train and then there are the ones who live there!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: moysider on August 12, 2016, 02:17:33 AM

Sam will not be in the West. That is a certainty really when you think about it. The winner is between Dublin and Kerry. Dublin probably - but if Kerry do Dublin they are hardly going to lose a final.

The semi between Tipp. and Mayo is just about who is going to be beaten in the final.

:'(

Mayo Club 51

With only 6 days to go to the semi final, Mayo Mark did a little historical diging of previous meetings between Mayo and Tipp. Brilliant article here; http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-v-tipperary-history/

Only 6 more sleeps.......

Rossfan

Does anyone think Tipp have a chance or might win?
As Tipp bet the Connacht Champions should all Connacht people not be supporting them as our reps in the AI Championship? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 16, 2016, 10:55:09 AM
As Tipp bet the Connacht Champions should all Connacht people not be supporting them as our reps in the AI Championship? :D

I think they might. Looking back on the Tyrone game, if they had their shooting boots on it would be a whole different game.
And most Connacht people will cheer Tipp on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2016, 11:12:13 AM

I think they might. Looking back on the Tyrone game, if they had their shooting boots on it would be a whole different game.
Not all of them. Part of Roscommon, aka Ballagh, will be rooting for the green above the red and so will anyone else with a biteen of pride in their province. (Guess that rules out Rossfan.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

I am not sure. I think a lot of Galway people would like to see Mayo win the shaggin thing
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on August 16, 2016, 02:32:44 PM

I am not sure. I think a lot of Galway people would like to see Mayo win the shaggin thing
only because you think well go away then.
but every one know you need at least 2 in a row to be considered a great team . Preferably 3
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

I'd say if ye win 1 there won't be a ball kicked for a year after it :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rosnarun on August 16, 2016, 03:17:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 16, 2016, 02:32:44 PM

only because you think well go away then.
but every one know you need at least 2 in a row to be considered a great team . Preferably 3

A good team can win the All Ireland while a great team can win two in a row All Irelands.

To make the championship a bit more interesting for the neutral viewers I was hoping to see a shock or two in the semi finals however the punters,bookies and experts can't see past a Dublin V Mayo final and after that expected final we should know for sure if Mayo are a good team or Dublin a great team.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 16, 2016, 01:17:53 PM

Not all of them. Part of Roscommon, aka Ballagh, will be rooting for the green above the red and so will anyone else with a biteen of pride in their province. (Guess that rules out Rossfan.)

Not likely.

I was away for Tyrone match and watched it in an 'Irish' pub. There was a few Tyrones there but the most vociferous Tyrone supporter there was a woman from Ballaghadereen. She was more gutted when Mayo won than I would have been if Mayo lost!
Very bad year for her so far and many of them I suspect. I doubt we get much support at all in Connacht. Not that it matters a whit anyway.