AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Syferus

Can't see MDMA not starting. Silly games from Mr. Smiley.

moysider

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2015, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 08:19:23 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2015, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 04:40:16 PM
If we can get at Cluxton's kickouts I think we can get on top in midfield. Also I don't think we can allow them to score more than one goal as they will get about 14 or 15 points. Achieve these two things and I think we scrape by with a point or two to spare. Two very big if's though and we will need the perfect performance for 1 to 20 to win.My big fear is outside of Andy our subs especially the forward subs will need to contribute handsomely to see us through which was a big failing in 2013.
Always enjoy the pints after with the Dubs , win lose or draw so. They are great football men and women in fairness to them. I do miss the pints in Parnell Park on a dark Feb/Mar evening before and after a league game though :'(!!

Alan Dillon, Alan Freeman, Mark Ronaldson,  Andy Moran

For me Andy as of yet is the only nailed on impact sub we have. Freeman is a streaky player so when he is hot like the semi in 2013 he is unmarkable but when he is not he contributes very little. Dillion has not shown any real form this year in the championship and looked very laboured when he came on in the Connacht final. For me Ronaldson is untested at this level and hasn't yat shown that he can change a game of this pressure in our favour when it is down to the wire off the bench.
Now that's just my opinion and I truely hope Mark , Alan and Freezer throw these thoughts right back in my face by burying the Dubs challenge off the bench on Sunday but outside of Andy we just haven't see that so far!!

Where has he been? I mind about 5-6 years ago in the league, he came up to Omagh and kinda destroyed us on his own.

Its only this year (maybe last? as well?) that i have seen him again.

Was he out? injured or what?

James Horan happened

That's the way. Some managers just don't fancy some players. Sometimes they don't fit a system. Sometimes they don't fit the philosophy of the manager. Sometimes there are just not needed. It can be a tough gig.

Not making any accusations but James Horan came there was 3/4 Shrule boys there within a year there was none, I heard there was something for him when he became manager and he was going speaking in Shrule and there wasn't a big deal  apparently afterwards he wasn't happy, coincidencental but still

Ah its true his disappearance would coincide his regin alright
Seem nuts tho cos from what I seen of him that day in Omagh. He was hitting them over from crazy places.

I found this report from one of your fellow supporters.
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=4495#comments
Entertaining, I remember the schmoozel at the end to, sounds like yis were messing around, getting men sent off and being cynical to see out the game!  ;)
Bit of that on Sunday if yis are up would do the trick nicely.

Ronaldson was prominent in Horan's first FBD and played league as well but disappeared after getting cleaned by Marc O Sé in the league in Castlebar in Horan's first spring. tbh I wouldn t blame Horan because he was looking for players that could hold their own with the top players in top teams. Ronaldson would murder an ordinary player. Probably struggles a bit against top players when intensity is high because of his size. His radar doesn't make up for lack of pace at top level.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 08:41:25 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2015, 08:31:43 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2015, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2015, 08:11:43 PM
Subs bench named yet ? Will regan make the cut ?

No and No. Sweeney is in instead of Regan.Also Stephen Coen has been drafted in

How do you know if it's not been named? If true fuckin stupid , what in the name of Christ is the reason for the reluctance to name regan ? Conroy out regan in surely in any language.

He was on the bench the last day wasn't he?

Yes he was but poster above has indicated he isn't for Sunday . Tracksuit off the last day too midway through second half , then Holmes told him to come back and sit down . AvB game before Connacht final , Mike Connelly/Connolly quoted as saying " regan showed very well in the game" I just don't get why he's not given a shot .Sligo game not on the bench , Donegal game nearly put on . I'm a bit confused about it all , was actually dreaming he was been kept for this one as surprise package ,dubs wouldn't have a clue who he is .

Regan is coming back from a serious double blow of a tricky injury. Management have to be convinced with whoever they go with at this stage. Regan could be a gamble. It could be a masterstroke or backfire if he is not up to speed.

All I can say is when he was flying Horan didn t like the cut of him and there were few people wondering what was going on. I don t think his absence is an issue now.

Mayo4Sam14

The song Superheroes by the script reminds me of AOS
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Wildweasel74

I suppose alot of players are playing for places on the Dublin team, i think there strongest team would have O`Gara (out) McCauley, Costello, Fitzsimmons on, Where did Kevin Nolan ever go to?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 28, 2015, 11:24:14 PM
I suppose alot of players are playing for places on the Dublin team, i think there strongest team would have O`Gara (out) McCauley, Costello, Fitzsimmons on, Where did Kevin Nolan ever go to?

K Nolan has bad diabetes. ...... .... mdma is out of form,  id imagine he will get a run on the day though

INDIANA

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 28, 2015, 11:24:14 PM
Kevin has diabetes and just can't train at this level anymore.

Desperate shame for a brilliant player

Wildweasel74

yes he was very good, i think he was playing against Derry in the league in Celtic park last year 2014. Mannion be a lost not coming of the bench too, suprising for a large number of clubs that Dublin do not seem to have more big midfielders available to them. Ross McConnell seemed to have disappeared too

Farrandeelin

If we're relying on Evan Regan to solve our woes, then we are not in good shape at all. For all the talk on here about him, most justified, introducing him against Dublin, having played a few minutes of competitive inter-county level this year wouldn't make much sense.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 29, 2015, 09:35:19 AM
If we're relying on Evan Regan to solve our woes, then we are not in good shape at all. For all the talk on here about him, most justified, introducing him against Dublin, having played a few minutes of competitive inter-county level this year wouldn't make much sense.

Fair enough Farr and I know your sentiment is rational and right in most Mayo supporters view but I'm sticking to my guns as I have for the last 3/4 years now , he has the ability to be a top player for Mayo and should be given a chance . He offers something different to our forward line , both ronaldson and mickey Sweeney are two of a kind , harsh as it may sound to me it's jus nonsensical to have two of them on the bench if regan is fit to go.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ballaghman

Quote from: larryin89 on August 29, 2015, 09:58:25 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 29, 2015, 09:35:19 AM

Fair enough Farr and I know your sentiment is rational and right in most Mayo supporters view but I'm sticking to my guns as I have for the last 3/4 years now , he has the ability to be a top player for Mayo and should be given a chance . He offers something different to our forward line , both ronaldson and mickey Sweeney are two of a kind , harsh as it may sound to me it's jus nonsensical to have two of them on the bench if regan is fit to go.

Would agree with Larry. IF Regan is fit and going well I'd have him on the bench. He's a citeóg too which is another reason to give him the nod.
Can't wait for this game now, the nerves will be shot tomorrow but they usually are anyway so no change there. Not expecting a cracker, think it could be dour enough, at least I hope so as that would increase our chances of winning. If we continue to improve defensively and come anyway close to disrupting Cluxton we'll win and by a few IMO. That second one is a massive if though, the result rests on it.

blanketattack

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2015, 10:13:56 PM
Can't see MDMA not starting. Silly games from Mr. Smiley.

Also think Alan Brogan may start.

muppet

Caff usually marks Brogan but I wonder would it be better this time going with Keith on BB? Caff could pick up Dean Rock or whoever might appear at FF, with Chris Barrett going to war on Andrews. Keegan will most likely follow Connelly as usual, while I think Vaughan will pick up Flynn (probably the two fittest men in GAA!). That leaves Boyler on Kilkenny plus whatever sweeper arrangement we come up with this time. Of course there might be a surprise or two before the throw in.

For all of the understandable talk about the Dublin forwards, if Higgins and Keegan play well picking up, say, BB and Connelly, it isn't too big an ask to hope for the other backs to win at least 2 of the other battles. Of course the Dubs will be optimistic with these match ups as well.

We simply have to win midfield though and that means either pressing Cluxton's outs, or turning over ball from their runners, or both! The rare times any team manages this Dublin can look vulnerable. Fail in these areas and Dublin can run up a big score quickly.

Up front we haven't fallen into the trap of simply lamping hopeful ball on top of AOXI and letting him do everything. Tomorrow would be a bad day to start that. Doherty, Parsons and Cillian can all take points from distance and I would love to see a few early examples of this to force Dublin to defend more space. The high ball to Aidan should be the old Armagh-style diagonal ball or very quick delivery from turnovers etc.

I am usually optimistic and this weekend is no different. C'mon Mayo!

MWWSI 2017

Darby

Should be a great final tomorrow

muppet

MWWSI 2017