AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Mano

Very unlikely that Mayo team will start. The Barry Moran tactic worked well the last day but its unlikely to be repeated. If it is Dublin will be prepared and will have planned for it. Against Dublin you need mobile and athletic players in the middle third and Barry Moran has many attributes but mobility isn't one of them. Plus there won't be as many contestable kick-outs with Dublin going short and Mayo doing likewise if Dublin play a sweeper in front on O'Shea. I expect to see another defender come in for Moran before throw in.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Mano on August 27, 2015, 11:03:26 AM
Very unlikely that Mayo team will start. The Barry Moran tactic worked well the last day but its unlikely to be repeated. If it is Dublin will be prepared and will have planned for it. Against Dublin you need mobile and athletic players in the middle third and Barry Moran has many attributes but mobility isn't one of them. Plus there won't be as many contestable kick-outs with Dublin going short and Mayo doing likewise if Dublin play a sweeper in front on O'Shea. I expect to see another defender come in for Moran before throw in.

Agreed
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 27, 2015, 12:00:15 PM
Quote from: Mano on August 27, 2015, 11:03:26 AM

Agreed

Keane maybe? I m hearing Cunniffe s not going to b fit>

Farrandeelin

Here lads, which one of ye is mayo4sam2015 on resdubs? There's shite talking, and there's him.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

INDIANA

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 27, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
I've a sneaky feeling Dublin will do it.

The Stars have aligned for Mayo in 2015 . Believe .

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

Dublin are by far the better team though

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2015, 12:42:18 PM
Here lads, which one of ye is mayo4sam2015 on resdubs? There's shite talking, and there's him.

Leo turley or don't matter................ outside chance its david brady though  ;)

Farrandeelin

Feck it Indy, I wish I could. Every time I think about Sunday, I see Dublin winning by more. I think Dublin are a totally different level to anyone Mayo have faced this year. Mayo need to have all the luck in the world to win. That's why I think Dublin will do the job on Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2015, 02:39:16 PM

Feck it Indy, I wish I could. Every time I think about Sunday, I see Dublin winning by more. I think Dublin are a totally different level to anyone Mayo have faced this year. Mayo need to have all the luck in the world to win. That's why I think Dublin will do the job on Sunday.

Let's face it lads, none of us has a clue as to how this one will go. It it possible to make a compelling case for either team, but at the end of the day it's all about gut feeling. And my own gut feeling is that Dublin will have learned enough from last year's ambush by Donegal to get them over the line - but it's only gut feeling.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Mayo4Sam14

I agree

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 27, 2015, 03:01:49 PM

Let's face it lads, none of us has a clue as to how this one will go. It it possible to make a compelling case for either team, but at the end of the day it's all about gut feeling. And my own gut feeling is that Dublin will have learned enough from last year's ambush by Donegal to get them over the line - but it's only gut feeling.

A compelling case can definitely be made for Dublin and I think yell win, but you say a compelling case can be made for both sides - go ahead, make a compelling case for Mayo

Maroon Manc

Its a very difficult game to predict, 2 brilliant teams but neither team has been tested so plenty of unanswered questions about both teams and management. The Mayo management who were slated earlier on in the year are now lauded by a few for their decision to employ Barry Moran as a sweeper against Donegal although they've nearly had 12 months to think about that it. Based on what we've seen I think its very difficult to make a compelling case for either team winning.

I'm really looking forward to the game but hope Mayo win as it will mean a trip over for the final and even pints with larryin89

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 27, 2015, 03:40:01 PM
Its a very difficult game to predict, 2 brilliant teams but neither team has been tested so plenty of unanswered questions about both teams and management. The Mayo management who were slated earlier on in the year are now lauded by a few for their decision to employ Barry Moran as a sweeper against Donegal although they've nearly had 12 months to think about that it. Based on what we've seen I think its very difficult to make a compelling case for either team winning.

I'm really looking forward to the game but hope Mayo win as it will mean a trip over for the final and even pints with larryin89

Dublins ForwArds and Kickouts, compelling enough?