Israel Folau

Started by GetOverTheBar, April 10, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50455162

QuoteFolau, who is Christian, gave a sermon in his Sydney church on Sunday in which he said Australia's decision to pass abortion and same-sex marriage laws had gone against "God's word", adding the nation needed to "repent".

"Look how rapid, these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come, in a short period of time. You think it's a coincidence or not?," he said.

His comments sparked outrage from many Australians online, who noted the widespread devastation of the fires.

dec

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 18, 2019, 08:22:12 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50455162

QuoteFolau, who is Christian, gave a sermon in his Sydney church on Sunday in which he said Australia's decision to pass abortion and same-sex marriage laws had gone against "God's word", adding the nation needed to "repent".

"Look how rapid, these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come, in a short period of time. You think it's a coincidence or not?," he said.

His comments sparked outrage from many Australians online, who noted the widespread devastation of the fires.

The Televangelist nutters in the US are great at blaming earthquakes, hurricanes, 9/11 etc on people they disapprove of, usually gays and liberals.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 10, 2018, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 02:58:13 PM
I have no tolerance for intolerance...
There is a paradox if ever I saw one!

Orangemen: "We oppose the Roman catholic church and all it stands for! The Pope is the Antichrist and should be hung! Roman catholics are going to hell!! Any Orangeman that marries a papist will be expelled from the order!"
Garvaghy Road residents: "Fine. You're not welcome in our area. Take a detour on the way back into town."
Orangemen: "Hey now! What happened to religious freedom? How about a bit of tolerance for those of us who have a different faith from you?"

Solo_run

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 18, 2019, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 10, 2018, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 02:58:13 PM
I have no tolerance for intolerance...
There is a paradox if ever I saw one!

Orangemen: "We oppose the Roman catholic church and all it stands for! The Pope is the Antichrist and should be hung! Roman catholics are going to hell!! Any Orangeman that marries a papist will be expelled from the order!"
Garvaghy Road residents: "Fine. You're not welcome in our area. Take a detour on the way back into town."
Orangemen: "Hey now! What happened to religious freedom? How about a bit of tolerance for those of us who have a different faith from you?"

Sums it up.

Gabriel_Hurl

He's signed with the Catalan Dragons of Super League

to which this happened

GetOverTheBar

Signed under a social media ban I have read, probably for the best. You'd have to imagine he's going to take a bit of abuse going forward.

magpie seanie

Kudos to Wigan on that one. Class.

J70

Is it a wise approach by Wigan though?

Now the match is going to be all about him.

His dinosaur views are on the decline. I'm sure Wigan can make it clear they're LGBT-friendly without the media circus around one game and thus dude.

Or maybe they're right.

trileacman

What if Folau plays a blinder and Dragons hammer Wigan?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014