The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Just posted this in the Cheltenam thread os thought would put it up ere as well:

Just pointing out tomorrows card at Cheltenham-great jumps card, should be some very good pointers for the Festival with the likes of Wichita Lineman, Exotic Dancer, Katchit, Blazing Bailey and Ashely Brook all winning on the corresponding card last year.

Very good novice hurdle to start off with, Wichita won last year and went on to win the Brit Insurance Novices Hurldle on Gold Cup day. Another horse that Wichita beat last year was Massini's Maguire who went on to the Ballymore Properties Hurdle, and Tidal Bay who is currently top of the markets for the Arkle and RSA Chase (5s and 8s respectively). I like the look of Ecelith Echo in the first, did well in bumpers before switching to hurdles, looks useful enough and can go any ground and has been looking for more than 2miles.

The 2.10 sees a winner form last years festival, Burntoakboy which won the Coral Cup. Am ruling out New Little Bric after such a disappointing run in the Boylesports Gold Cup which it went off favourite (won by Tamarinbleu which is now up there for the Champ Chase after beating Twist Magic last week). My pick would be Patman Du Charmil, a creditbale third behind Tamarinbleu in the Boylesports GC and 2nd to Vodka Bleu in good race New Years Day at Cheltenham, clearly enjoys the course.

The Letheby (2.40) won by Exotic Dancer last year who went on to finish second in Gold Cup, See more Business another winner of this race and the Gold Cup. Pity Exotic Dancer has been took out of the race would have liked to see him after the King George which was a little disappointing. Leaves the racewide open though. Horses such as Our vic, Neptune Collonges, Madison du Berlais and State of Play all etered for the Gold Cup. Our Vic is also entered for the Ryanair Case for which it is prominent in the betting. I can't see past Our Vic here. Ran a cracker on St Stephens Day to finish second in the King george, a rac which Kauto totally dominated and showed his class. Pipes horses have been in great form this season as well, especially in the bigger races.

The Juvenile Novice Hurdle will give god pointers for the Triumph Hurdle at the festival. Last years winner was Katchit who went no to romp home up the hill in the triumph. Another previous winner was Hors La Loi who went no to Champion Hurdle glory. I see this race as a battle between Franchoek (5/1 triumph) and Tatenen (16/1 triumph). King versus Nicholls. I would go for Franchoek because I like the King/Thornton combo, been very good for me over the last couple years and has proved can go over the soft ground and won over the distance on three occasions.

The race I am looking forward to the most is probbly the Cleeve Hurdle (3.50) since Exotic dropped out of the Letheby. Bad memories of this race after Black Jack in it last year but sure no matter. Last years World Hurdle hero Inglis Drever out for the second time this season, will be very hard to beat given that it s a two time WH winner. Won't get it easy though as Blazing Bailey ahs looked back to his best this winnning by a good margin New Years Day from horses such as Wichita, Afsoun, Black Jack and Gaspara. Chief Dan George is niteresting, was beaten by Wichita at last years festival but the reversed the result at Aintree a few weeks later. I would go each wayn though on te ever improving Lough Derg, couldnt believe the price last week when it won at 6/1!! When you think its beat the likes of Hardy Eustace, Black Jack, Special Envoy etc...

Well theres my thoughts, as you can tell its been a pretty slow day!!!!

Sky Blue

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 25, 2008, 02:37:09 PM
Ela Re EW 15.40. Available at 20/1 with Ladbrokes.

Great call again Lecale - ran well to finish 3rd @ 20/1. A couple of yoyos for the pub tonight  ;D

Silky

Got it this time! Cheers Lecale! €10 ew @ 20/1 paid €50. Pity it hadn't won.

Homer

Great stuff again Lecale.

Lough Beg should oblige tonight.  :-X

gerrykeegan

Welll done men, stuck the winnings on the nose from Lecales tip on Homers at 9/2. Why thank you P Power!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Sky Blue

Good suff lads! Keep them coming. I backed Lough Beg @ 5s earlier.

Homer

It's always good to have a day like that, especially after some lad's been blabbering on about how big of fools we all are on another thread.

Now go and buy yourselves a right few pints over the weekend rather than squander the whole lot. :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the Deel Rover

well done homer got him at 5's as well , no matter what the rest of them say i allways have faith in you ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lecale2

I got on at 5s too Homer. Well done!

The Watcher Pat

Yankee for today

cheltenham
2.10 patman du chamin
2.40 neptune collenge
3.15 franhenok
3.50 Inglis drever

I need this one...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Blacksheep

Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Blacksheep on January 26, 2008, 10:57:02 PM
N E luck?

Last 2 won....
Pat man du chamin seemed to be going well but found nothing and dropped away tamely.
Neptune collogne was going very well but hit the 2nd out and fell away..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Louth Exile

What happened to you NAP yesterday Deel  ???

Was going to put up a couple of selections myself yesterday, didn't have the time, thank God, bombed yesterday!!

Going for a Leopardstown Yankee myself today
1.20 callherwhatyoulike
1.50 scotsirish
2.55 hardy
3.30 siegemaster
Just personal fancies, some days they hit and some days they miss
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com