BBC NI Bias?

Started by Applesisapples, August 20, 2019, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2019, 05:55:19 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 20, 2019, 04:55:49 PM
David Dunseith is sorely missed. He was firm but fair. I always felt he gave it to both sides in more-or-less equal measure.

Carruthers and Crawley both do I think this thread is nonsense!!

Again I ask, if bbcni is not biased, why did they have extensive 5 day coverage of the 25th anniversary of the Shankill Bomb across all platforms (including specially produced documentaries) and a short time later not even one make single mention on tv, radio or web of the 25th Anniversary of the Loughinisland massacre?

Eamonnca1

David Dunseith is sorely missed. He was firm but fair. I always felt he gave it to both sides in more-or-less equal measure.

What?

93-DY-SAM

Aside from the main point of this thread which I think has an element of truth, BBC Radio 6 counties is utter tripe these days. Talkback was a decent show but is ruined when they started playing music during it. Conor Bradford is about the worst presenter you'll find on radio anywhere. An absolutely woeful interviewer. Then you have Joel Taggart. I'll leave that at that.

BarryBreensBandage

The BBC iplayer has some great stuff on it with regards to comedy, documentaries etc.
But when it comes to NI , they are just like the politicians, stagnant. Giving a platform to the person that says the most controversial thing that week in this backwater of nothing.
Can't disagree with the bias on the anniversaries point.
But, in general, I get the feeling that the broadcasters, politicians, journalists have absolutely f**k all to report on because there is no government in place!
And so naturally, they retreat to the tribal lines, ensuring that they, in some small way, are still relevant, and to sustain their livelihood.
Brexit and the fall of stormont have given these people the excuse to become lazy.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Wildweasel74

The day Jamie Bryson started getting air time on Nolan on the bck of less than a few hundred odd votes was the beginning of the BBC. Nolans a shock jock who have nothing to discuss if there was no troubles here.

BennyCake

The clue is in the name, British Broadcasting Corporation. They push the British message and agenda in the North. Of course they're biased.

Armagh18

If you're watching the BBC for anything other than the peaky blinders you're wasting your time.

omaghjoe

They've been at it for years at the weather forecast too. How many times do you see them give prolonged rain for Omagh or Derry but then Bangor gets sunny periods

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 21, 2019, 06:47:49 AM
They've been at it for years at the weather forecast too. How many times do you see them give prolonged rain for Omagh or Derry but then Bangor gets sunny periods

Not at all OJ. . . sure it's always Sunny in Derry hi!!

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2019, 09:17:49 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 21, 2019, 06:47:49 AM

Not at all OJ. . . sure it's always Sunny in Derry hi!!

In fairness i think it was proved over the summer there that it is in fact hotter in Derry than it is in Londonderry.

Godsown

Whole Nolan show dedicated to the lack of airtime given to loyalists and the poor image they have in media. Who do you think the guests on the show were? Seamy and Jim Wilson. You couldn't make it up. In other news Trump cancels visit to Denmark because he can't buy Greenland. Mad mad world

Denn Forever

Think of the mining opportunities unexploited in Greenland.  Gotta be oil.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trueblue1234

Quote from: Snapchap on August 20, 2019, 07:03:54 PM

Again I ask, if bbcni is not biased, why did they have extensive 5 day coverage of the 25th anniversary of the Shankill Bomb across all platforms (including specially produced documentaries) and a short time later not even one make single mention on tv, radio or web of the 25th Anniversary of the Loughinisland massacre?

I'd be keen to hear an answer to this as well?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

Jim 'my community' Wilson.  He's hard to listen to. Gets angry at hello.
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armamike on August 21, 2019, 11:38:02 AM
Jim 'my community' Wilson.  He's hard to listen to. Gets angry at hello.

What is his actual job? Why does he get some much airtime???