Why are non-Tyrone people obsessed about Tyrone?

Started by square_ball, August 13, 2019, 06:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2019, 02:24:45 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 14, 2019, 01:57:37 PM
Saw a video there of mugsy behaving with great dignity at a club match. Hits an opposing player a shoulder right in the chest from the sideline as he's running up the wing and then hits the opposing manager two haymakers on the side of the jaw. Classy stuff

All unprovoked I'm sure  ::)

To be fair there wasn't much provoking have you seen the video?? He hasn't a leg to stand on!

haranguerer

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 14, 2019, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 14, 2019, 08:37:40 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-if-tyrone-put-as-much-into-football-as-the-dark-arts-they-d-be-some-team-1.3985286
Complete clickbait headline.
A nonsense article too from the usually decent O'se

The headline isn't based on the article. The headine is very anti-tyrone though, which gives precedence to the thread title. Is it partitionism and just manifests via tyrone as only northern team successful enough to bother anyone?

t_mac

Saw a video there of mugsy behaving with great dignity at a club match. Hits an opposing player a shoulder right in the chest from the sideline as he's running up the wing and then hits the opposing manager two haymakers on the side of the jaw. Classy stuff

Catch yourself on mugsy a tr**p - never!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2019, 02:29:38 PM

To be fair there wasn't much provoking have you seen the video?? He hasn't a leg to stand on!

Fair enough, I 'm sure you watched the whole game so I'll assume there was no provocation.
That was never a square ball!!

Angelo

Quote from: haranguerer on August 14, 2019, 02:34:09 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-if-tyrone-put-as-much-into-football-as-the-dark-arts-they-d-be-some-team-1.3985286

The headline isn't based on the article. The headine is very anti-tyrone though, which gives precedence to the thread title. Is it partitionism and just manifests via tyrone as only northern team successful enough to bother anyone?

100%

Derry and Armagh lads like to chime in but if they stuck around long enough they'd have to deal with the and nonsense too. It's not so long ago when Armagh were at the top table that their portrayal was as some of team of macho thugs who were only interested in brawling, which was unfair as well.

Those with short memories.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2019, 02:40:23 PM

Fair enough, I 'm sure you watched the whole game so I'll assume there was no provocation.

OK I'll bite . . . what possible provocation is there that justifies a manager dropping the shoulder into a player carrying the ball up the line??!!

Hound

The headline is taken from a quote O'Se made in the article

"Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team"

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 02:47:49 PM

100%

Derry and Armagh lads like to chime in but if they stuck around long enough they'd have to deal with the and nonsense too. It's not so long ago when Armagh were at the top table that their portrayal was as some of team of macho thugs who were only interested in brawling, which was unfair as well.

Those with short memories.

This is very true

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2019, 02:49:01 PM

OK I'll bite . . . what possible provocation is there that justifies a manager dropping the shoulder into a player carrying the ball up the line??!!

I'll admit I was bring a little facetious in my response (probably due to spending the past 3 hours in a soft play gym) and if Mugsy has stepped out and shouldered a guy for no reason then I agree there's no excusing it.

Edit: Just seen it. Yeah - no excuses. 😂 Not as hand wringingly bad as suggested though.
That was never a square ball!!

reddgnhand

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2019, 02:49:01 PM

None whatsoever. Never happen in Derry?

befair

It's because Tyrone brought the art of diving and cheating to another level; getting opposition players sent off because they mussed your hair was the prime example.

reddgnhand

Quote from: befair on August 14, 2019, 04:07:53 PM
It's because Tyrone brought the art of diving and cheating to another level; getting opposition players sent off because they mussed your hair was the prime example.

How? Back up what you are saying based on what you know not what you want to believe.

Angelo

Quote from: befair on August 14, 2019, 04:07:53 PM

Aidan O'Mahony. The same guy who introduced doping to the GAA.

haranguerer

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 02:54:51 PM

"Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team"

That was regards a player trying to get free for a short free, not in reference to any 'dark arts'.

'I thought of him a bit on Sunday watching Tyrone. There was one stage where a substitution was being made and one of their players came over to the sideline pretending to be the one coming off the pitch before doubling back on himself in the confusion to show for a free. I was watching this thinking, 'Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team.'

Its a leap for the sub editor to make the link (and include the McKernan pic) when the only specific ref to dark arts is Tommy Walsh getting wired into Morgan (but sure that was only a bit of craic).

I'm not from Tyrone, and have no love for them, but I do see the bias.

Angelo

Quote from: haranguerer on August 14, 2019, 04:24:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 02:54:51 PM

That was regards a player trying to get free for a short free, not in reference to any 'dark arts'.

'I thought of him a bit on Sunday watching Tyrone. There was one stage where a substitution was being made and one of their players came over to the sideline pretending to be the one coming off the pitch before doubling back on himself in the confusion to show for a free. I was watching this thinking, 'Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team.'

Its a leap for the sub editor to make the link (and include the McKernan pic) when the only specific ref to dark arts is Tommy Walsh getting wired into Morgan (but sure that was only a bit of craic).

I'm not from Tyrone, and have no love for them, but I do see the bias.

The narrative has been in place since 2003 since Pat Spillane in a fit of sour grapes tried to diminish Tyrone's football and style of play because they beat Kerry up a stick.

Above all counties in Ireland, I have no time for Kerry, their fans, their antics, their double talk and bad grace in defeat. Fitzmaurice was out right in the aftermath of the win trying to impose pressure on Gough for the final. Kerry have absolutely zero interest in a fair fight and will engage their propaganda machine in full flight.

It disgusting watching the likes of Colm O'Rourke cheerleading them and ignoring all the cynicism that goes with them and then have him spouting on about the bad smell following Tyrone.

Maybe if the Derry lads had much experience of being in crunch games with Kerry at the business end of Championship, they might soon realise we are only in the ha'penny place.