Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 28, 2020, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2020, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 08:11:26 PM
Randox... doing it for free now for NHS workers

The new service, which will be free, will help to end the uncertainty of whether NHS staff need to stay at home.

Those who test negative for coronavirus will be able to return to work – enhancing the capacity of the NHS and social care to treat patients and care for those in community settings, with plans for a full roll-out for health, social care and other frontline workers.
Must have been burned by the negative publicity.
Regardless it's still good news surely?

Good to see we are getting some use of the £23m they got from Invest NI a couple of years ago

All companies can get investment from NI if they tick the right boxes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Not so sure about that. Local companies have been known to struggle.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 08:49:29 PM

You need to tick the right box and grease the right palms ;)

I know plenty small business that got money

The big companies know how to work it, though they bring in plenty of local work, I've a few friends that work there, shit terms and conditions but they must pay well enough to stay there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PMG1

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 28, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
I see Americas are encouraged to wear face masks when out and about while this side of the world we are told the opposite.

Which is the correct advice, are we told that because healthcare workers would have a big shortage of masks?

I do a lot of business with the Chinese and Hong Kong, every one of them is telling me we are crazy here not wearing masks, they cannot believe it. They have two effects, one is minimising the chance of getting airborn infection if someone sneezes / coughs etc and the second is you are less likely to touch your mouth or nose when one is on. In addition you can buy self testing kits for only US11 each, I can access them but only problem is the minimum order is 10,000

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 08:49:29 PM

You need to tick the right box and grease the right palms ;)

I know plenty small business that got money

The big companies know how to work it, though they bring in plenty of local work, I've a few friends that work there, shit terms and conditions but they must pay well enough to stay there

I know plenty that didn't and know people in it too. Depends on sector I guess. Anyway off topic though cheerier than topic at hand!

Smokin Joe

Will it ever end

The new measures relating to business just typify the way the message has been so badly conveyed!

We'll shut you down but we'll not tell you if you essential / non-essential Instead we'll setup a forum to tell us if they think your essential / not essential so we can save face

If this pandemic spares me & my family so help me god I'm out of here!

marty34

The new service, which will be free, will help to end the uncertainty of whether NHS staff need to stay at home.

Those who test negative for coronavirus will be able to return to work – enhancing the capacity of the NHS and social care to treat patients and care for those in community settings, with plans for a full roll-out for health, social care and other frontline workers.

Good to see we are getting some use of the £23m they got from Invest NI a couple of years ago

Have these not got a factory in Donegal somewhere?  I remember readi g something about a very good grant and they were located on the western seaboard somewhere.  I remember thinking that the road/transport network wouldn't be cost effective there for a business but the grant must have been good.

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on March 28, 2020, 09:31:58 PM

Have these not got a factory in Donegal somewhere?  I remember readi g something about a very good grant and they were located on the western seaboard somewhere.  I remember thinking that the road/transport network wouldn't be cost effective there for a business but the grant must have been good.

A base in Dungloe
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Main business factory is in Crumlin

armaghniac

Quote from: PMG1 on March 28, 2020, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 28, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
I see Americas are encouraged to wear face masks when out and about while this side of the world we are told the opposite.

Which is the correct advice, are we told that because healthcare workers would have a big shortage of masks?

I do a lot of business with the Chinese and Hong Kong, every one of them is telling me we are crazy here not wearing masks, they cannot believe it. They have two effects, one is minimising the chance of getting airborn infection if someone sneezes / coughs etc and the second is you are less likely to touch your mouth or nose when one is on. In addition you can buy self testing kits for only US11 each, I can access them but only problem is the minimum order is 10,000

On the street the mask is of marginal use, it is of more use in a train or the like. If you wanted a mask here could you get one, or many of course since you are not supposed to wear the same one multiple times.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 28, 2020, 09:33:25 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 28, 2020, 09:31:58 PM

A base in Dungloe

That's it. I wonder is that factory supplying the Dublin government?

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 28, 2020, 09:10:14 PM
Tighter restrictions coming in NI tonight?
https://twitter.com/Tracey_utv/status/1244007255672053761
Thought that initially myself but think it's still the same as GB but Stormont had to ratify it and it's now became law locally. Not 100% sure tho tbh.

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2020, 10:37:22 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 28, 2020, 09:10:14 PM
Tighter restrictions coming in NI tonight?
https://twitter.com/Tracey_utv/status/1244007255672053761
Thought that initially myself but think it's still the same as GB but Stormont had to ratify it and it's now became law locally. Not 100% sure tho tbh.

Yeah I don't see any difference to what Boris announced last Monday night. I think it's just the fines for violating such restrictions that's the difference.

So were we not supposed to following these guidelines for the past week?

imtommygunn

I think it is more for people not following it. There are still a good few out there.