Derry vs Tipperary, Breffini Park, Sarurday 23rd July 5pm, Live on Sky

Started by quiganmaster, July 18, 2016, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 23, 2016, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2016, 07:13:34 PM
Delighted for AZ. Even if Liverpool are mediocre Tipp are going places

I'm delighted for tippabu and the other Tipperary die hards. This has very little to do with me, but it is a massive boost for everyone involved in trying to promote Tipp football. I'm delighted.

I was at a funeral today i could never miss......first game in a long time i missed, delighted for the lads and yourself, will say more when i get the proper chance to see it back

AZOffaly

Nothing to do with me  :) my involvement with the seniors is limited to saying hello in Dr. Morris Park 😃

tyroneman

What a great game. Serious bottle from both sides to claw the game back when it looked over.

As entertaining a game as I've seen in years.  Credit to both sets of players.

Ulster rival notwithstanding I thought Tipp marginally deserved it but well done to all involved

yellowcard

Fantastic result for Tipp, it is great to see new counties making a breakthrough and to make the quarter final weekend in Croke Park is a fantastic achievement. I suspect that Galway will be content tonight though, it looks like it could be an almighty showdown with them and Tyrone. Galway have always been a team capable of coming from nowhere to win an All Ireland and they are the only side who can prevent Tyrone making the final imo.

tyroneman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2016, 08:58:14 PM
Fantastic result for Tipp, it is great to see new counties making a breakthrough and to make the quarter final weekend in Croke Park is a fantastic achievement. I suspect that Galway will be content tonight though, it looks like it could be an almighty showdown with them and Tyrone. Galway have always been a team capable of coming from nowhere to win an All Ireland and they are the only side who can prevent Tyrone making the final imo.

Mayo are a real hurdle for Tyrone. We won't be thinking of Galway yet.

lenny

Quote from: tyroneman on July 23, 2016, 08:56:39 PM
What a great game. Serious bottle from both sides to claw the game back when it looked over.

As entertaining a game as I've seen in years.  Credit to both sets of players.

Ulster rival notwithstanding I thought Tipp marginally deserved it but well done to all involved

I agree, it was a very entertaining match. Great open football. Mckindless was a massive loss, getting injured in the warm up. Also Dermot mcbride would have made a real difference if fit but tipp are misding great players to hurling and emigration. both teams had their spells of domination but good luck to tipp in the qfs. I've heard a good few people criticising Martin Duffy. I think he wasn't too bad overall, at least he seemed to be consistent. One free near the end though given against ciaran mullan was a terrible decision. We'll not use it as an excuse though, I just felt tipp deserved their win.

yellowcard

Quote from: tyroneman on July 23, 2016, 09:02:18 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2016, 08:58:14 PM

Mayo are a real hurdle for Tyrone. We won't be thinking of Galway yet.

Don't see it myself, Tyrone and Mayo are going in opposite directions, one improving the other going backwards. In any case I think Tyrone could well be facing Cork as I think Donegal will find it very hard to get back up for a last 12 tie. Dubs will beat Mayo easily and Tyrone can manage a game better than any county in Ireland this year and their system will not suit Cork at all.

Two mouthwatering semi finals. Kerry v Dubs and Tyrone v Galway.

southderryman

Deeply disappointed to say the least. Horrible to lose a game having clawed ourselves into a winning position. Although to be honest we would have stolen it. Tipp were the better team.  Kicked some great scores and showed some balls to grind it out at the end.

A massive result for all those in Tipperary people who've done massive work promoting football. It's a real shot in the arm for them to reach a quarter final and to be honest it was hard to begrudge them their victory when you seen the celebrations at the end.  I wish them well in the quarter final against galway and hopefully from their perspective it will encourage other lads to have a real crack at the football instead of defecting to the hurling

From a Derry perspective, disappointing to lose, but as I've been stressing to people all week, I honestly saw it as a 50/50 game. Our defence is extremely poor and you simply cannot concede 1.21 and hope to win a game of football. Maybe a blessing in disguise, who knows what kind of score we may have shipped in croke park.

Felt sorry for the lads as they've put in a massive effort all year. Plenty of mistakes were made but at the end of the day it's an amateur sport and nobody goes out to have a bad game. We are where we are at present, we need all our best players available. Hopefully we can work on that next season with a full panel. I've plenty of complaints/issues about the game but that can be discussed later. Fair play to tipp.

I'm away for a well deserved beer

Wildweasel74

Heavron was injured, could barely walk, though Holly and Kielt were poor looking from the stands myself. but again Derry didn't start their strongest team and that was always going to bite them in the ass somewhere down the line.

An Fhairche Abu

So does James Horan, I was happy enough to hear that and I hope Tipp are talked up to the last for the week.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 07:32:43 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 23, 2016, 07:24:29 PM
Heavron was quite clearly hurt and on the verge of going down with his limping after his final score, obviously needed to be subbed. Or you could just jump to the conclusion that suits you.

It wasn't quite visible at all.
To be honest it was obvious he was struggling badly, Gutted at the result but Tipp had some outstanding players today

southderryman

Interested to hear any neutrals views on marty Duffy?

Not sour grapes on my behalf as I do feel tipp were the better team and at the end of the day you can't give up the scoring chances we did and expect to win.

But....and there's always a but....it seemed to me (biased off course) that tipp got a serious amount of handy frees within  13-30 metres out. I'd estimate the free count was somewhere in the region of 3:1 in Tipperarys favour. Happy to be proved wrong with any impartial views or stats

Minder

Is this tweet from an Irish News journalist in relation to this thread ?

@CahairOKane1 The GAABoard really should be shut down. A forum for faceless men to have low cuts at amateur players who bust themselves every week #cruel
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: southderryman on July 23, 2016, 11:45:29 PM
Interested to hear any neutrals views on marty Duffy?

Not sour grapes on my behalf as I do feel tipp were the better team and at the end of the day you can't give up the scoring chances we did and expect to win.

But....and there's always a but....it seemed to me (biased off course) that tipp got a serious amount of handy frees within  13-30 metres out. I'd estimate the free count was somewhere in the region of 3:1 in Tipperarys favour. Happy to be proved wrong with any impartial views or stats
According to Cahair  Okane Free count was Tipp 33 Derry 12