Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Great, a week of horrible unsavoury comments on here, followed by 78/79 mins of horrible unsavoury football next Sunday before the winner advances to face Galway  ;D

ONeill

Which team is best equipped to keep the score down v Dublin?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublin7

They should put  up basketball nets instead of goalposts  considering all the handpassing that we will have to watch.

Don't suppose the Irish hockey team have a game next Sunday that the GAA could put on the big screens during the game so the people in the stands can actually watch something that's entertaining

SouthDublinBro

The rematch that every Monaghan man has been fearing. In Croke Park too.

Schkite

Wildweasel74

redzone

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
Monaghan wouldn't fear Tyrone at all!
For frig sake lad you are making a clown of your self at this stage. Put the phone down 

Blowitupref

Sets up a very spicy affair where both will fancy their chances of winning.  Hands up how many thought Tyrone v Monaghan would be AI semi final after the last meeting in May?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

yellowcard

I'd expect a dour tactical battle as both teams set up fairly similar. Very little between the sides however on this seasons form you would have to give Monaghan the slight edge. The one drawback is that they are in unchartered territory and an AI final appearance would be massive for them in a way that it wouldn't be for Tyrone. How they cope with this will dictate whether they can progress to the final against Dublin in all likelihood.j

trailer

This will be huge. Both teams really fancy their chances. 1 week turnaround as well. Really looking forward to it.

BennyCake

Monaghan would put it up to Dublin more than Tyrone. I really hope they reach the final. Have Monaghan appeared in an AI final before?

BennyCake

On another issue, why do beaten provincial finalists get a two week break, whereas there's only a week turnaround between the Super 8 stage and the semis? Weird.

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on August 05, 2018, 08:13:07 PM
Monaghan would put it up to Dublin more than Tyrone. I really hope they reach the final. Have Monaghan appeared in an AI final before?

Yes, 1930 8)

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on August 05, 2018, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 05, 2018, 08:13:07 PM

Yes, 1930 8)

Oh aye, Dick Clerkin's debut year  8)