The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 08, 2018, 08:56:44 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 07, 2018, 08:43:54 PM
Noticed Elliot's 2 at Wolverhampton, my immediate thoughts when I see that is - - At least one of them will be a false favourite and it will be layed all day on Betfair by those who know and some nag will romp home that Elliot and the gang will have backed to the hilt. Being the arch Coup spotter that I think I am I backed Three Star General (Trainer - David Pipe) in the 5.25 because Elliot spent a lot of time in Martin Pipe's yard. No joy this time but my logic is flawless - assume they are al crooked from the get go. :) :)
Saw the same last week. A strong favourite trained by Only Murphy across the water beaten by a 20 to 1 trained by Only Murphy.
A regular occurrence in Irish Racing of course with the dominance of two individuals
Happens nearly every feckin day, but it's about picking the right race! Missed one solid yesterday in the first at Fairyhouse. Elliott's Park Paddocks was favourite or thereabouts and his second string, Commentarious was 14/1. Was tempted, but I got a tip for Rachael Blackmore's ride at 6/1. It came nowhere of course, but Commentarious went off at 9/2 and romped home!
Love seeing Big Gord in his Betfair woolly hat!

bennydorano

See At the Races has lost the rights to show Irish Racing from 1st Jan 19. Surely not good for the sport.

Therealdonald

Big gamble on in the last at Wolverhampton. 25s into 10s. Fran Berry riding for Adrian Joyce.

our_fella

Lads,found a docket in my room. From start of October. Winning docket. Will they pay me out even though its 5 months ago?

Therealdonald

As long as the barcode can be read, or the numbers on the barcode can be read then yeah you should be paid out in full.

Don Johnson

Quote from: our_fella on February 27, 2018, 10:20:09 PM
Lads,found a docket in my room. From start of October. Winning docket. Will they pay me out even though its 5 months ago?

Of course. Some old biddies wait until the following April to cash in their previous Grand National winnings.

Avondhu star

Nearly the 1st of March and not much talk re Cheltenham bar the advertised Cheltenham nights
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ONARAGGATIP

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 28, 2018, 11:21:30 AM
Nearly the 1st of March and not much talk re Cheltenham bar the advertised Cheltenham nights

any thoughts on it yourself, Buveur D,Air very short, worth opposing? Ive have might bite backed for gold cup but fearful of sizing John. Altoir worth opposing in the champion chase?

Avondhu star

Quote from: ONARAGGATIP on February 28, 2018, 11:42:54 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on February 28, 2018, 11:21:30 AM

any thoughts on it yourself, Buveur D,Air very short, worth opposing? Ive have might bite backed for gold cup but fearful of sizing John. Altoir worth opposing in the champion chase?

Altoir at 8/11 has to be opposed.
Yanworth at 5/1 for the Stayers should be there or thereabouts
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Esmarelda

Just looked at some of the fields for Cheltenham. They look huge. Is it likely that a lot of those entered will notify in advance that they're not racing? Sorry, bit of a novice.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Esmarelda on February 28, 2018, 04:11:20 PM
Just looked at some of the fields for Cheltenham. They look huge. Is it likely that a lot of those entered will notify in advance that they're not racing? Sorry, bit of a novice.

The fields are huge at the minute as these are the declarations. In the days before the festival then only a certain amount get in. I think the biggest handicap has 26 run in it.

Hound

Ruby Paddy Power Walsh back with an 11/8 pretty dominant win yesterday in his only ride.

Only one ride again today, Karalee in the opener at Leopardstown, where he is a juicier 13/2 (3rd fav of 5). But I'm a big fan of Jezki (my only ever big ante post Cheltenham win a few years back) who's about 10/11f, and I also like Gangster. In fact any of the 5 could probably win, so I'll steer clear! But it should be an interesting one.

Donnellys Hollow

Interesting little race at Dundalk last night. Mendelssohn now heading for Dubai with a view to having a tilt at the Kentucky Derby. It's a shame that they lost Scat Daddy so young. His last 2yos will be out this year.

Elsewhere, Soft to Heavy this morning ahead of Tuesday.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?