Look-Up!

Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 12:33:10 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 12:17:30 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 10:25:05 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 09:29:42 AM
Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

It truly is a fucked up situation
I am fanatically anti-fascist, fanatically anti-the widespread denigration of science and reason and fanatically anti-the targetting of minorities for othering

I see no reason why everybody shouldn't be fanatically anti-those things because the evidence is pretty clear those things are disastrous for humanity

This is a discussion forum and if people are not fanatically anti-those things it is up to them to explain why they are not

It is up to them to explain why they are in favour of ideologies which are demonstrably disastrous for humanity

And the vast majority of people are anti those things as well.

However if anyone has the temerity to question something or even have a different view (no matter how minor) the vitriol that comes there way from you (and many Democrat supporters) is incredible.

Perhaps if the anti Trump brigade tried to get their message across in a different way (rather than in the way outlined above) then this vote in November wouldnt even be a contest
Exactly Taylor. Foaming at the mouth telling people what they should do or think and what it makes them if they don't never works. Doesn't matter how good the intentions are or how morally high they think the ground they're standing on is. All the person on the receiving end sees is, well, someone foaming at the mouth at them. Natural inclination will always be to turn the other way.
Sad to see more of that entrenched mentality creeping its way here across the Atlantic. Brainwashing comes to mind.

Utter inanity and totally disconnected from reality, it's like a random cliche generator

The problem with Trump supporters is none of them can debate because nobody can seriously defend fascism
No offence but you sound like you need help
Thanks but that's not an argument and it's also the exact same thing you've been pretending to complain about - sneering and insulting, "foaming at the mouth" stuff

That makes you a total hypocrite and shows your complaints up to be pure bad faith trolling

You can't be taken seriously with posts like that

If I was to behave like a Trump supporter or the "both sides" merchants I'd now claim fake victimhood and pretend I was being silenced
Argument? Not here for an argument. Just reading through the thread and you attack everyone. You're not someone to have a discussion with, only argument. Prophesying Armageddon but the only one calling for absolute war and the total obliteration of a certain class because of their political beliefs.   

LCohen

Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2020, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: LCohen on October 01, 2020, 12:32:42 PM
Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2020, 12:25:17 PM
Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

I am fanatically anti-fascist, fanatically anti-the widespread denigration of science and reason and fanatically anti-the targetting of minorities for othering

I see no reason why everybody shouldn't be fanatically anti-those things because the evidence is pretty clear those things are disastrous for humanity

This is a discussion forum and if people are not fanatically anti-those things it is up to them to explain why they are not

It is up to them to explain why they are in favour of ideologies which are demonstrably disastrous for humanity

However if anyone has the temerity to question something or even have a different view (no matter how minor) the vitriol that comes there way from you (and many Democrat supporters) is incredible.

Perhaps if the anti Trump brigade tried to get their message across in a different way (rather than in the way outlined above) then this vote in November wouldnt even be a contest

+1 the left should stand by their ideologies of freedom of speech, not freedom of speech on their own terms.

What is it that the left are preventing people from saying?

Anyone with an alternative opinion to most of the left leaning posters on here are ridiculed instead of presented with reasonable debate. One poster in particular is shocking, no manners what so ever. If you dont agree with me, your a degenerate retard, have the brains of a 10 year old. This kind of destructive nonsense has no place on a gaa forum, would you agree?

Hang on that doesn't make sense.

Ridiculing a poster for something they say is not a freedom of speech issue. Anyone on the right is free to say they like what Trump says. That is their freedom in operation. But given Trump openly stirs race hatred it's fairly obvious that anyone expressing support for Trump is going to be confronted on that. As I say that's not a freedom of speech issue.

Yeah some posters are rude. A lot more will not engage meaningfully in the topic. Keep calling them out. Some are outright evasive. Try getting anyone on the right to accept the difference between mass of people on the left or in BLM and a few violent extremists and they go missing. Try to get anyone on the right to acknowledge Trump's lies and many, many go missing.

Posters evading debate is a much bigger issue than rudeness on this forum. And freedom of speech is not an issue at all

Taylor

Quote from: LCohen on October 01, 2020, 04:09:33 PM

+1 the left should stand by their ideologies of freedom of speech, not freedom of speech on their own terms.

Anyone with an alternative opinion to most of the left leaning posters on here are ridiculed instead of presented with reasonable debate. One poster in particular is shocking, no manners what so ever. If you dont agree with me, your a degenerate retard, have the brains of a 10 year old. This kind of destructive nonsense has no place on a gaa forum, would you agree?

Ridiculing a poster for something they say is not a freedom of speech issue. Anyone on the right is free to say they like what Trump says. That is their freedom in operation. But given Trump openly stirs race hatred it's fairly obvious that anyone expressing support for Trump is going to be confronted on that. As I say that's not a freedom of speech issue.

Yeah some posters are rude. A lot more will not engage meaningfully in the topic. Keep calling them out. Some are outright evasive. Try getting anyone on the right to accept the difference between mass of people on the left or in BLM and a few violent extremists and they go missing. Try to get anyone on the right to acknowledge Trump's lies and many, many go missing.

Posters evading debate is a much bigger issue than rudeness on this forum. And freedom of speech is not an issue at all

Is it any wonder posters dont want to debate?

A debate is where both sides get to put their point of view across.

Its virtually impossible on this thread.

Some of the posts in the last page or two are shocking.

Thats not debating in any mans book

sid waddell

Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 03:07:29 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 12:33:10 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 12:17:30 PM

Exactly Taylor. Foaming at the mouth telling people what they should do or think and what it makes them if they don't never works. Doesn't matter how good the intentions are or how morally high they think the ground they're standing on is. All the person on the receiving end sees is, well, someone foaming at the mouth at them. Natural inclination will always be to turn the other way.
Sad to see more of that entrenched mentality creeping its way here across the Atlantic. Brainwashing comes to mind.

Utter inanity and totally disconnected from reality, it's like a random cliche generator

The problem with Trump supporters is none of them can debate because nobody can seriously defend fascism
No offence but you sound like you need help
Thanks but that's not an argument and it's also the exact same thing you've been pretending to complain about - sneering and insulting, "foaming at the mouth" stuff

That makes you a total hypocrite and shows your complaints up to be pure bad faith trolling

You can't be taken seriously with posts like that

If I was to behave like a Trump supporter or the "both sides" merchants I'd now claim fake victimhood and pretend I was being silenced
Argument? Not here for an argument. Just reading through the thread and you attack everyone. You're not someone to have a discussion with, only argument. Prophesying Armageddon but the only one calling for absolute war and the total obliteration of a certain class because of their political beliefs.
Trump and supporters should be attacked and relentlessly so

The Republican party needs to be obliterated - it is an utter pox on America and the rest of the world

Trump is openly inciting a race war and says he will refuse to accept the result

You can't argue with this stuff, it is not an enemy that is capable of reasoning

These people and these ideas have to be defeated and run into the ground, the alternative is perpetual misery for peoples

I am not the person with problematic opinions here, there are posters here who support fascism, they and their views are the problem

Fascism is a deadly disease, it's like Covid crossed with cancer

Milltown Row2

If Trump says it's rigged/fixed and he wins will he step down  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 04:45:48 PM

In four years here there has not been one Trump supporter who has managed to put across a reasonable case for fascism

Little wonder, it's impossible

This is why it's impossible to have a debate with them

They exist in a made up fantasy world and this is the only way they can defend what they support, just like supporters of Gemma O'Doherty do, and how supporters of the Nazis did

This is observable fact

LCohen

I will debate with you.

Try this one.

Trump wilfully stirs racial hatred and therefore cannot be considered a good President. Many here seem to support Trump. Assuming they are not blind to the clear evidence of Trump stoking racial tensions those people must fall into 1 of 2 categories:

1 Trump is a good President BECAUSE he stokes racial tensions or
2 Trump is a good President NOTWITHSTANDING the fact that he stokes racial tensions

Any views?

J70

Who is stopping anyone getting their point across?

This is not a verbal debate where the opponent can shout across you like Trump the other night.

Taylor

Trump is the president - like him or loathe him.
He was voted in by the American people.

His policies on business and doing everything to keep the economy going/creating jobs are admirable (from the limited knowledge I have so bear in mind it is all IMHO).

His policies on nearly everything else including climate change/BLM etc etc are f**king disgraceful and should be roundly condemned.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on October 01, 2020, 05:35:58 PM

Who is stopping anyone getting their point across?

This is not a verbal debate where the opponent can shout across you like Trump the other night.

Snowflake.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 06:35:41 PM

His policies on business and doing everything to keep the economy going/creating jobs are admirable (from the limited knowledge I have so bear in mind it is all IMHO).

His policies on nearly everything else including climate change/BLM etc etc are f**king disgraceful and should be roundly condemned.

He was voted in by the electoral college. The people overwhelmingly elected Hillary.

omochain

He is indeed President and was elected President by the electoral college. That is the the way Presidents in the US are elected. To say that he was elected by the American people is not accurate.

This is also not accurate. His short term tax relief for mostly the wealthy and corporate America put the good economy he inherited on a sugar high that has now run into the wall of CoVid that continues to drive the economy into the ditch because of Trump's mismanagement. Just because Trump and his allies keep roaring that they have done a great job on the economy. The greatest economy in the history of the world. Look at the numbers.. they don't bear this out.

Farrandeelin

Is there any movement in the USA that is trying to scrap the electoral college system?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 01, 2020, 10:06:27 PM

He was voted in by the electoral college. The people overwhelmingly elected Hillary.
That's just nonsense talk unfortunately. The 'popular vote' is irrelevant, which can be seen by comparing the turnout in battleground states compared to blue/red states. The electoral college vote is based purely on the vote of the people in that state. 

If the vote was based purely on a single whole country ballot, then it would be different than the current popular vote, because turnout would be different. Saying someone else would have won if the rules had been different is just juvenile.

The American people voted in Trump, unfortunately,

omochain

Quote from: Hound on October 01, 2020, 11:52:59 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 01, 2020, 10:06:27 PM

That's just nonsense talk unfortunately. The 'popular vote' is irrelevant, which can be seen by comparing the turnout in battleground states compared to blue/red states. The electoral college vote is based purely on the vote of the people in that state. 

If the vote was based purely on a single whole country ballot, then it would be different than the current popular vote, because turnout would be different. Saying someone else would have won if the rules had been different is just juvenile.

The American people voted in Trump, unfortunately,

That is not an accurate statement. He is the President yes... elected by the electoral college. But the majority of the people voted for H. Clinton. Ergo he was not the choice of the people.