Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 31, 2009, 08:35:09 PM
Lads. Gareth "Nesty" Smyth from Plunketts is supposedly going to be playing with Cavan this year. Will he be up to IC level?

People think he should get a run with the Dubs but i think he will be good for Cavan. 2 to 3 points a game IMO

The Aristocrat

Boden beat the Craobh today. 3 in row and football and hurling double.

Quarterback

Guys just a question...Is John Noonan still playing club football in dublin?  What happened he never made the cut with the seniors....Great Free Taker from what i remember...

CavanCola

Big match in Dublin League 1 this weekend. Relegation playoff - Vincent's V Brigid's. Should be a cracker. One big team going down.  :o :o

CavanCola

Vincents stay up.
Beat Brigids well in the end. 2-12 to 0-2. Brigids finished with 10 men :o :o.
Bonner went early on.
The ref tripped over one of the midfielders as he was getting of the ground and sent him off before half time. (Turning point of game.) 3 more went of in the second half for 2nd booking. Farce in the end. Conditions and Ref were poor.

INDIANA

Ref was a joke I agree and I'm a vins man. Brigids were equally a disgrace though. Just glad we stayed up.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Quarterback on November 17, 2009, 12:26:36 PM
Guys just a question...Is John Noonan still playing club football in dublin?  What happened he never made the cut with the seniors....Great Free Taker from what i remember...
transferred back to his fathers club - erins isle

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on November 29, 2009, 03:17:18 PM
Ref was a joke I agree and I'm a vins man. Brigids were equally a disgrace though. Just glad we stayed up.
thought the ref was ok - no worse than many others. Second sending off was a bad mistake though.
Jason ward is not the kind of man to deliberately trip anyone up. imo bad mistake by ref but even if Wardy wasnt sent of, Brigids would have struggled.

I wouldnt say we were a disgrace. Just a poor season with a lot to sit back and mull over for a lot of people - club, players etc etc.
The club has possibly gotten too big and needs a radical overhaul and proper structures put in.
There is year after year of good minor, u21 talent gone by (for three years now) and its being wasted due to bad structures and lack of proper organisation in the club.
There are two more underage team that have future star players coming up  next year (u18 and u17). We dont want these lads and all the youth of the past three/five years all wasted.

a year in div two to help rebuild a team that is gone past its sell by date is required.  A chance to blood younger players without the white hot intensity of Div 1. If the atitude is right and they approach it in a proper manner, then it could be a blessing in disguise.
Even Barry Cahil and a few other star players have regressed with the club because the whole thing is in disarray right now.
It can and will get better.
Its going to be a cracking agm this weekend !

Any craic

http://www.vimeo.com/9757007 - look away now if you're not Ballyboden, otherwise you'll be interested in this from last night's launch for their Gala Night celebrations at the CityWest. There's some pictures from their superb pitches at Sancta Maria.

ricky-bobby

draw for the 2010 dublin senior championship made tonight.First Round  Ballinteer St Johns v St PeregrinesSt Maurs v St Marys, SaggartO Tooles v St Pats, PalmerstownRaheny byeLucan Sarsfields v ClontarfSt Marks v St VincentsSt Brigids v Ballymun KickhamsSt Annes v FingalliansUCD v Thomas DavisFingal Ravens v St Oliver Plunketts/Eoghan RuadhWhitehall Colmcile v Na FiannaNh MearnĂ³g v Templeogue Synge StErins Isle v St JudesParnells v Kilmacud CrokesRound Tower, Clondalkin v St SylvestersBallyboden St Endas v Trinity Gaels

lynchbhoy

bad draw for Brigids.
Interesting tie - Parnells v crokes.

should be plenty sent off at fingal ravens v plunketts !

ricky-bobby

EVENING HERALD DUBLIN SFC
First Round
Ballinteer St Johns v St Peregrines -  Peregines on the up,should win
St Maurs v St Marys, Saggart-  Marys should win although maurs are tricky
O Tooles v St Pats, Palmerstown-  very close as both were in relegation last year in league,too close
Raheny bye-  raheny should have too much for the bye ;D :D
Lucan Sarsfields v Clontarf-  lucan easy
St Marks v St Vincents-  vincents just about,but if dotsy and kennedy are around for marks,could be a shock
St Brigids v Ballymun Kickhams-  on paper it looks a classic,brigids league form doesn't reflect their true state,draw.mun in extra time
St Annes v Fingallians-  another draw here,fins in extra time
UCD v Thomas Davis-  who knows who ucd will have so for that reason i'll say davis
Fingal Ravens v St Oliver Plunketts/Eoghan Ruadh-  close than a lot will think,played ravens the other week,could cause a shock but having said that,plunketts fire power is what will set them apart,good game though
Whitehall Colmcile v Na Fianna-  na fianna easily
Nh MearnĂ³g v Templeogue Synge St-  mearnog to go through in a tight game
Erins Isle v St Judes-  judes to win,strong all over
Parnells v Kilmacud Crokes-  no comment, :D as a parnells man,i'm confident we can do it,end of the day crokes are the top club in dublin no matter what,parnells just gotta go out and put it to them.parnells,extra time.
Round Tower, Clondalkin v St Sylvesters-  if john o'brien is on form for towers syls might find it difficult,but syls to prevail
Ballyboden St Endas v Trinity Gaels-  county champions out in first round again?possible i think,long season for boden and early championship start could be their downfall,trinity to get a win,just about.

ricky-bobby

odds for the dublin championship outright.the match betting is not out yet.
odds from ladbrokes here.

3/ 1 St Oliver Plunketts ER
7/ 2 Kilmacud Crokes
9/ 2 St Vincents
6/ 1 Ballyboden St Endas
13/ 2 Ballymun Kickhams
10/ 1 Parnells
14/ 1 St Judes
14/ 1 St Marys Saggart
16/ 1 Lucan Sarsfields
16/ 1 St Sylvesters
20/ 1 Na Fianna
20/ 1 Thomas Davis
20/ 1 Trinity Gaels
25/ 1 UCD
33/ 1 Raheny
40/ 1 Round Tower Clondalkin
40/ 1 St Brigids
40/ 1 St Maurs
66/ 1 St Marks
80/ 1 Ballinteer St Johns
80/ 1 Erins Isle
80/ 1 Fingal Ravens
80/ 1 Naomh Mearnog
100/ 1 Fingallians
100/ 1 O'Tooles
100/ 1 St Annes
100/ 1 St Patricks Palmerstown
100/ 1 St Peregrines
100/ 1 Templeogue Synge Street
200/ 1 Whitehall Colmcilles
200/ 1 Clontarf

ricky-bobby

senior championship and intermediate championship postponed due to the dublin u-21's reaching all ireland final.
instead a full round of fixtures for the league are to be played.

ricky-bobby

WED                                                                    First Team    Draw    2nd Team
18:45  Fingal Ravens   v St. Oliver Plunketts                       5/1            12/1    1/10 
19:15  O'Tooles v St Pats Palmerstown                             4/7            15/2     6/4 
20:30  St Marks v St. Vincents                                        7/2            9/1       1/5   
20:30  St Brigids v Ballymun Kickhams                                11/8         7/1        4/6 
20:30  St Annes v Fingallians                                           4/6          7/1          11/8
THURS
19:15  Erins Isle v St. Judes                                            3/1          9/1         1/4 
19:15  Round Towers v St. Sylvesters                               15/8        15/2       4/9 
FRIDAY
18:45  Parnells v Kilmacud Crokes                                      9/4          15/2      2/5     
19:15  Ballinteer St Johns v St Peregrines                            4/6          7/1      11/8     
19:15  Lucan Sarsfields v Clontarf                                     1/10         14/1      5/1   
19:15  UCD v Thomas Davis                                             13/8         15/2      8/15   
20:30  Whitehall Colmcille v Na Fianna                                 9/4      15/2         4/11     
           BallyBoden St Endas v Trinity Gaels                             1/8       12/1       5/1
SAT
            St Maurs v St Marys Saggart                                 11/4       8/1         3/10 
18:15  Naomh Mearnog v Tempelogue Synge St                   8/11      7/1         5/4   

for anyone looking for a flutter.st pats,annes,mearnog are the only decent prices about,maybe ucd all depending who is available for them.prices will shorten,already have parnells in to 2/1.