Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on November 10, 2007, 03:24:20 PM
i was just wondering if anyone of ye know how come DCU and DIT dont compete in the dublin championship when UCD do??
DCU and DIT are not GAA clubs , UCD is and has been for a very long time .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

billy the kid

**COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION**
           **COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION**

Hi Everyone Ive Set up a new organisation for club players called The Continuity GPA.  We are only in our infancy and are in need of much needed funds so we are in the fund raising process at the minute.

Our finance comitteee has come up with an ingenious fund raising idea and it only costs 1 slice of humour to enter.

Its called 'GUESS HOW MUCH BEER WOULD FIT IN DESSIE FARRELLS HEAD'

The winner gets a full size model of Dessie Farrells Head (if enough clay can be found) filled with beer.

What a prize it will keep you and ten of your friends drinking from now until the far side of Christmas.

I guess 14 and a half kegs.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

HowdyDoody

good win for St.Vincents today....St.Vincents  1-12  Seneschalstown0-10

INDIANA

you called that badly wrong! portlaoise were good but nowhere near all-ireland class(not saying vincents are either) but the media got this badly wrong.

lynchbhoy

delighted for Vinnies
I also thought that Portlaoise's experience would have made them the stronger team here, but it looks like Vincents coul dwin the Leinster title!

Sky Blue

Had my money on Vincents. 11/8 with Ladbrookes. What's the latest on the other match?

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Dublin club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

Mhic Easmuint

Full details and you your ticket online at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Feel free to ask questions on the main thread.

Davitt Man

Whats gone wrong with www.hill16.ie

The site is not working is right these days.

Any results from the c\ship last night

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just a bit notice about the match on Saturday for anybody that's interested....

The Official Opening of the New Complex at St Patrick's GFC Cullyhanna will take place on Saturday 24th May 2008.

Details of which are as follows:-

1.30pm
Minor Football Challenge – St Patrick's (Armagh) v Ballyboden St Enda's (Dublin)

3.30pm
Official Opening Ceremony by GAA Director General, Paraic Duffy

4.00pm
Senior Football Challenge – Armagh v Dublin

Parking
Supervised parking will be available at St Patrick's Church and St Patrick's Primary School – both within walking distance of club.
Only Official Cars with passes will be allowed into the club grounds.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mhic Easmuint

Draw is tonight (Friday 30th May) at approx. 9.30pm.

Online sales at http://antrim.gaa.ie finish at 8.45pm

Your last chance to get a ticket to win one of the great prizes.  

Funds generated to go towards the planned Centre of Excellence.
Plans and Video Fly-through available on the website:
http://antrim.gaa.ie/centre-of-excellence/

Davitt Man

It could be a brutal night for the county final in Parnell Park..

lynchbhoy

will be interesting
doubt if I will go, but you never know
I would prob like to see crokes win mostly because plunketts are neighbours of ours but if they won it wouldnt upset me - there are a few good lads on it too, but in a way I dont really want a team that has bought in a lot of their players to win the Dublin championship either. Its the Na Fianna model all over again !
At least crokes players gravitated to them rather than were bribed.
OK there maybe questions over longford man kavanagh, but the rest of crokes team are natives to the near locality or outsiders that settled round there also.

Crokes may be fav, but are still not gelling as a team it seems. Plunketts will give it a good go and I think will win.

Gold

Quote from: Davitt Man on October 23, 2008, 09:26:20 AM

im going--should be a good game--although the wind and rain down here could ruin it--terrible day

wonder will McBarron kick a ball tonight
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Davitt Man

Quote from: Gold on October 23, 2008, 02:09:01 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on October 23, 2008, 09:26:20 AM

im going--should be a good game--although the wind and rain down here could ruin it--terrible day

wonder will McBarron kick a ball tonight

Wonder would it be called off, serious winds out there, looking forward to it as well