AIQ Round 3B - Roscommon vs. Armagh (19/07/14, 5pm - Live on SKY)

Started by Syferus, July 13, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Hopefully a swansong game for the Hyde.

armaghniac

It might be nice for the Rossies to visit Armagh, an outing for the bus. Do you recall your last visit to the county, albeit in the League?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Captain Obvious

Revenge on the menu for Armagh. Meath for the winner in the next round as kildare who should beat Clare can't face them again or maybe Meath can pull off the shock of the summer.

macdanger2

No reason the Rossies can't win this, Armagh are decent and improving but so are Ross. The Hyde should be worth a point or two to them.

David McKeown

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2014, 09:33:44 AM
Revenge on the menu for Armagh. Meath for the winner in the next round as kildare who should beat Clare can't face them again or maybe Meath can pull off the shock of the summer.

Nothing stopping Kildare playing Meath again. Monaghan would have played Tyrone again had Armagh won the Ulster semi final
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orangeman

Roscommon could have beaten Tyrone in the Hyde last year and won't fear Armagh. As well as that Roscommon dealt well with the Cavan blanket and eventually broke it down and this be stand to them against the Armagh defensive system.

JP

Quote from: David McKeown on July 14, 2014, 10:09:26 AM

Nothing stopping Kildare playing Meath again. Monaghan would have played Tyrone again had Armagh won the Ulster semi final

Not true! Teams that have met each other can meet again in rounds 1 & 2 but not 3&4. No idea why the rules were made that way. Winner will play meath bar a Clare upset.

yellowcard

Tough draw for Armagh, probably the hardest game we could have got especially being away from home. However we have nothing to lose having made good progress in this years championship and the winner of this game will have a good shout of making the quarter finals.   

David McKeown

Quote from: JP on July 14, 2014, 10:12:54 AM

Not true! Teams that have met each other can meet again in rounds 1 & 2 but not 3&4. No idea why the rules were made that way. Winner will play meath bar a Clare upset.

Really? I thought they got rid of that at all stages this year with that new grouping system?  Shows you what I know.

David McKeown

What about All Ireland quarter finals. Can you have any matches. Or can two teams who have already met not be drawn against each other?  Or even can you just not recreate a provincial final?

commonman

Quote from: JP on July 14, 2014, 10:12:54 AM

you are correct JP, meath and Kildare cannot meet in round 4. So if Kildare were to beat clare, and Dublin beat meath, then meath will play the winners of ros Armagh. This happened with Pot A this morning, there was no draw as Sligo could not play galway, so they could only play cork.

illdecide

What's Roscommon like for a sat night out on the town? Maybe get an over night trip for the game? Can you suggest any decent hotels or b&b in the town. I asked this question on another thread there...how far is it to Dublin's from Roscommon and how long would it take on a Sunday morning? I'm working in Croke Park for Leinster final and would need to be there for about10:30am...

On the game itself we need to improve by 25% from yesterday to have a chance as i rate Roscommon highly, they are big improvers this year and will certainly not fear Armagh. They won div 3 and disposed of Cavan very easily yesterday. There were also v close to beating a good Mayo side and for me this is a hard game for Armagh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

4 weeks on the trot for Armagh. Building up a head of steam.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.