Repairing BT line - HELP

Started by pullhard, July 13, 2013, 02:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Sorry didn't make it completely clear, the main BT socket is working grand I am just trying to work out how to get at least one of the additional extra sockets activated. The main BT one is in the hall and the wee kids are constantly pulling out the broadband wires etc!

DickyRock

A good clip around the ear will sort it  :P

WeeDonns

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2013, 08:35:55 PM
Sorry didn't make it completely clear, the main BT socket is working grand I am just trying to work out how to get at least one of the additional extra sockets activated. The main BT one is in the hall and the wee kids are constantly pulling out the broadband wires etc!

Its pretty simply done. You just run a phone cable from the main BT socket to the one of the other ones and punch in the same coloured wires into the same points.

Do your other 2 points have cables running back to the main socket or another point? whether its a socket, joiner etc, just punch the same coloured wires in on top.

johnneycool

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 15, 2013, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2013, 08:35:55 PM

Its pretty simply done. You just run a phone cable from the main BT socket to the one of the other ones and punch in the same coloured wires into the same points.

Do your other 2 points have cables running back to the main socket or another point? whether its a socket, joiner etc, just punch the same coloured wires in on top.

I'd punch down on top of the existing connections as well, you'd need a tool like this to do it properly, or you could try doing it with fine nosed pliers or a terminal screwdriver;

omagh_gael

Cheers for the help. Will run it by the father in law to see if he'd do it. I would manage to burn the house down if I started messing with it.