The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Pick a man of the match from that game? Who'd ya give it to?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gawa316

Quote from: trileacman on May 07, 2019, 11:44:43 PM

I think Fabinho but could easily have Milner, Trent, Gini, Hendo, Matip, Alisson, VVD amongst others.

stiffler

Allison - that save from alba at the end of the first half was as world class as it was crucial to the result.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

quit yo jibbajabba

f**k me. Liverpool just beat Barca 4 0. Without Salah or Bobby. f**k me

Capt Pat

I had no pre match nerves as I thought we had no chance without  2 of our 3 amigos up front and a 3 goal deficit to overcome against Messi, Suarez and Coutinho and company. Just goes to show how wrong you can be in this game. I thought all was lost for the season, now I can't wait for sunday. You never know, Brighton are showing signs of life. The double is still on.

LooseCannon

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2019, 10:45:17 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on May 07, 2019, 10:23:36 PM
I LOVE LIVERPOOL.

You are Drunk ( or even drunk on emotion). Continue on sir!  ;D

Funnily enough, it may be hard to believe, but I'm teetotal. Always have been. Pure emotion.

LooseCannon

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2019, 11:16:47 PM
I actually don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.
I'm buzzing.
I'm not able to atm.

Muck Savage

Fair play, didn't think they had the Quality to get 4 and keep a clean sheet.

RedHand88

Probably Fabinho, but there's a few worthy of it. TAA is an incredible player for his age.

J70

Didn't get to see it live, so watching it now.

Exactly 30 seconds from the restart following Gini's first goal to him heading in his second! 8)

Farrandeelin

Fair fucks to ye, ye deserve something at the season's end imo. Klopp effect or whatever. Well done.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

gawa316

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 08, 2019, 07:12:04 AM
Fair f**ks to ye, ye deserve something at the season's end imo. Klopp effect or whatever. Well done.

Fair play to you and a few other utd fellas to come on here, not sure I'd be able to do that if the roles were reversed.

On the Klopp effect...that's what won that game last night...the togetherness, desire, motivation etc etc he has brought to the club, players, and fans is undeniable. Many ridiculed him and Liverpool at the time (some still do) but imo this all started with the players going out to the fans after the WBA draw and has only multiplied since. Klopp knew he needed to make the most of every potential advantage he could to challenge city and other richer clubs, and he identified the crowd/fans as something that could make a difference.

Taylor

Fair play on a fantastic performance.
Klopp is some manager and as he said in the interview they had to be 'cheeky' last night as Barca can defend well against regular attacking teams.

That TAA moment of magic was something else.

That momentum will carry on till Sunday no doubt. We are not home and hosed yet and Sunday will be nervy.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2019, 07:37:28 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 08, 2019, 07:12:04 AM
Fair f**ks to ye, ye deserve something at the season's end imo. Klopp effect or whatever. Well done.

Fair play to you and a few other utd fellas to come on here, not sure I'd be able to do that if the roles were reversed.

On the Klopp effect...that's what won that game last night...the togetherness, desire, motivation etc etc he has brought to the club, players, and fans is undeniable. Many ridiculed him and Liverpool at the time (some still do) but imo this all started with the players going out to the fans after the WBA draw and has only multiplied since. Klopp knew he needed to make the most of every potential advantage he could to challenge city and other richer clubs, and he identified the crowd/fans as something that could make a difference.

Another great Liverpool manager appreciated the impact of the fans...

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.''  If Klopp can do a fraction of what Shanks did then we are going places. I actually think that's what frightens supporters of the likes of United most. If we can make the PL breakthrough it could be a floodgate opener....the same way it was for them. I have supporter the club for 35 years and never ever once would I have thought of supporting another team. My kids are the same. Their kids will be too. Pure generational stuff and when you are in Anfield you feel that.