AI Final Ticket Swap

Started by Low and Hard, September 12, 2017, 11:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 12, 2017, 11:25:04 PM
Any tips on buying a ticket from a tout on Sunday? Where's the best place to go or how do you make sure it's a genuine ticket?

My usual source for an AI ticket doesn't look likely this year.
You look like the type that would sell your tickets for magic beans
Does your guardian actually let you out alone?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

MayoBuck

Quote from: Avondhu star on September 12, 2017, 11:37:47 PM
Any tips on buying a ticket from a tout on Sunday? Where's the best place to go or how do you make sure it's a genuine ticket?

You look like the type that would sell your tickets for magic beans
Does your guardian actually let you out alone?

If only I had a ticket to sell  :(

Captain Scarlet

On the day Gills Corner or top of Clonliffe on the Ballybough end where many dubs come in.
You can be lucky with Gaffneys of Fairview but it woukd be a Dubs ticket.coukd
How is it compared to other years? The hurling was meant to be impossible.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 12, 2017, 11:30:11 PM

Ask passing supporters at the top of Clonliffe, it might take a while but you'll pick up tickets there at face value instead of dealing with tout scum
I've been lucky twice in Kennedy's pub in Drumcondra and I know several others who managed to get tickets at face value in Fagan's a few doors away.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

larryin89

Ask passing supporters at the top of Clonliffe, it might take a while but you'll pick up tickets there at face value instead of dealing with tout scum

Oh no you wont, I was around for the hurling , hundreds of people loooking in the usual spots , I got down to the hotel  and wow the place was wedged for the actual game . Lots of supporters who had gone to games all year from the few I spoke to, one woman from.balinasloe was in some state .

Something will be done in the years ahead because the dubs are starting to make noise about it , Id predict their hand will be forced to open up season ticket sales for Dublin and Mayo , increase the quota . 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rosnarun

Quote from: larryin89 on September 13, 2017, 05:48:18 AM

Oh no you wont, I was around for the hurling , hundreds of people loooking in the usual spots , I got down to the hotel  and wow the place was wedged for the actual game . Lots of supporters who had gone to games all year from the few I spoke to, one woman from.balinasloe was in some state .

Something will be done in the years ahead because the dubs are starting to make noise about it , Id predict their hand will be forced to open up season ticket sales for Dublin and Mayo , increase the quota . 
I doubt it . more likely to finish the scheme altogether .
I cant really understand why  but there is obviously  strong opposition to it some where . they way they keep raising the price even though on the door ticket prices have not changed in years in fact when the scheme began it was €17 for a league game now if you buy the day before its a tenner .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Did I read somewhere some County Boards were complaining that season tickets were reducing their NFL receipts?
Unless your team reaches the AI Final it's hardly worth getting them any more.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: larryin89 on September 12, 2017, 05:54:21 PM
How much do people think touts will be looking for ?

You'll not find touts, and if you do they are probably fake tickets...

tickets cannot be bought on ticketmaster or other outlets, they are given out to the county boards and on to the clubs, if anyone is caught selling tickets above the face value you should get a receipt number and forward it on to the county involved and have their future allocation monitored, or dropped

To be fair I've never seen ticket touts at the finals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orchard park

christ how many finals were you at Milltown row.

all drumcondra is over run with bloody touts on all ireland day

Real Talk

Anyone know what price tickets are for the Nally Terrace

JoG2

vallankumous

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 12, 2017, 05:54:21 PM
How much do people think touts will be looking for ?

You'll not find touts, and if you do they are probably fake tickets...

tickets cannot be bought on ticketmaster or other outlets, they are given out to the county boards and on to the clubs, if anyone is caught selling tickets above the face value you should get a receipt number and forward it on to the county involved and have their future allocation monitored, or dropped

To be fair I've never seen ticket touts at the finals

There's always going to be a black market. The choice facing ligit ticket sellers is-
Do you let the criminals control and profit from it or do you get your cut too?

Hound

Quote from: Real Talk on September 14, 2017, 02:14:56 PM
All stand tickets €80, All terrace tickets €40.

Quote from: JoG2 on September 14, 2017, 02:36:20 PM
€42 / £38
Shouldn't be €42. Unless some counties add a fee.

JoG2

Quote from: Hound on September 14, 2017, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on September 14, 2017, 02:14:56 PM
All stand tickets €80, All terrace tickets €40.

Quote from: JoG2 on September 14, 2017, 02:36:20 PM
€42 / £38
Shouldn't be €42. Unless some counties add a fee.

apologies, our club had them at £38 sterling, I winged £38 into xe.com to get the euro equivalent, hence €42

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 13, 2017, 01:36:36 AM
On the day Gills Corner or top of Clonliffe on the Ballybough end where many dubs come in.
You can be lucky with Gaffneys of Fairview but it woukd be a Dubs ticket.coukd
How is it compared to other years? The hurling was meant to be impossible.

There were hardly any tickets available on the day for the hurling. For face value anyway. Some touts might have had a few for well over the odds alright. Saw scores of fans with signs out looking for a ticket. Way more than I've seen for any other final I've been to.