Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

criostlinn

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 15, 2017, 11:25:21 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 15, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 15, 2017, 09:17:53 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2017, 07:54:50 AM
Quote from: highorlow on September 14, 2017, 07:08:19 PM
Added to the fact that a professional outfit playing at home will be beaten it will be a monstrous achievement.

Mayo had won Leinster in 1981 and had a very good team including Aidan OShea. They were as fit as Dublin and they believed they were as good as them. Dublin were going for 5 in a row. Nobody could beat them.

The match was ebb and flow. Dublin went up 3 points but Mayo pegged them back. Jason Doherty was held in reserve for the last 10 minutes. His instructions were to go for a goal if he got the ball.

https://youtu.be/Wxgju-2xbfQ

There is no way Offaly can beat Kerry on Sunday

The ref would surely spot the push in the back on Philly this time.  ;)

Without a doubt. Philly would make sure of that as he'd rolled around the ground clutching his head calling for treatment. Might even be a black card issued

Surely that's COC you're talking about?

Or even JC. But no it was philly I was talking about. Am I wrong ?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 15, 2017, 04:44:17 PM
In terms of the game i was listening to the GAA hour the other day and they reckon Mayo could spring a few more surpises in terms of Lee Keegan at centre forward or a few other big switches. That woukld tie up the sweeper and then in turn O´Shea in at FF with proper support.
Also, and this is a fair point, O´Callaghan and Scully have never been in a real battle. They are class but coming up against the likes of Higgins or Boyle is something totally new.
And in terms of the bench if Gavin needs to bring in subs earlier than planned, these guys have only come on at the tail end of cake walks. I know their ability and mental fortitude can´t be questioned but their match sharpness might not be up to speed.

Young O'Callaghan won an All Ireland Club Hurling medal this year and the club hurling championship is no place for wimps.

Also remember that Jason Sherlock  played a big part in Dublin's 1995 win straight out of the minors.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Blowitupref

Mayo first to name a team.

David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
    Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 15, 2017, 09:22:07 PM

Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
No surprises there. I think it's the strongest possible side Rochford can put on the field.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 15, 2017, 09:30:17 PM

Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
No surprises there. I think it's the strongest possible side Rochford can put on the field.

I don't see how you could say that given DOC's lack of form this year and Loftus starring from the bench, Lar. But knowing Rochford the named team isn't worth the ink it's printed on anyways.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)

I don't see how you could say that given DOC's lack of form this year and Loftus starring from the bench, Lar. But knowing Rochford the named team isn't worth the ink it's printed on anyways.

Given dublins bench we need someone to bring on and i dont fully trust loftus either, now isnt the time to start giving young lads theyre first start. D OC is more of a workhouse anyway
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Cunny Funt

Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)

Same starting 15 for the 3rd game running and i agree it has to be regarded as Mayos strongest possible starting side now. Loftus and Durcan are seen as impact subs.

mayoaremagic

A O'Shea RTE MOTM was 12/1 NOW 14/1/ . This sunday will see Aidan in his prime

Chimley

Quote from: mayoaremagic on September 15, 2017, 09:52:22 PM
A O'Shea RTE MOTM was 12/1 NOW 14/1/ . This sunday will see Aidan in his prime

I'm expecting that AOS will answer a lot of critics on Sunday. He has never really delivered against the Dubs but I have a sneaky feeling that Sunday will be the day that he does.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)

Wonder who will drop from the starting line-up! Rochford loves the mind games. He'd name a the subs bench as starting if he thought it'd be taken half serious.

Mayo Mick

Expecting a comfortable 3-4 points win. Dubs have not met the type of firepower we are bringing and won't be ready for it.  That plus pressure of 3 in a row and that they become shaky enough on AI days gives us the upper hand. When Dubs have 60%+ possession they are almost unbeatable but tomorrow they will have to scrap for every ball and won't have time too set up their chess like moves. Dubs will be under pressure throughout and will make mistakes. We are better prepared more relaxed and with more players showing form. Can't see us blowing this one.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 16, 2017, 06:56:43 AM
Expecting a comfortable 3-4 points win. Dubs have not met the type of firepower we are bringing and won't be ready for it.  That plus pressure of 3 in a row and that they become shaky enough on AI days gives us the upper hand. When Dubs have 60%+ possession they are almost unbeatable but tomorrow they will have to scrap for every ball and won't have time too set up their chess like moves. Dubs will be under pressure throughout and will make mistakes. We are better prepared more relaxed and with more players showing form. Can't see us blowing this one.

Most of the optimism of Mayo supporters seems to be based on a feeling that the team is on a relentless upward curve of form. What if Mayo has already peaked?

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rrhf

Right yer mans in goals so ok. Whatever happens mayo - no excuses-  no teary letters of self pity to the public after the game. No no shows from o Shea, big day from keegan, no own goals , no early goals, no boxing, somebody keep the correct time and I'm sure yes will win. Best of luck!

Dave like the tv channel

Dublin Buy Another Title Shocker!

Who cares if they do a three-in-a-row? Da Dubs are a Croke Park project and every person sitting at the top table should be ashamed of the manner in which this current funding is continued.

Any GAA person worth their salt would not be happy with the way Dublin are gathering up titles, but then again, we're talking about Cromwell's Cohorts here..........

Also, a (recent?) interview with John Costello stating that Dublin funding will not be reduced in the future. So the Dublin CB are dictating terms to CP?

vallankumous

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on September 16, 2017, 08:01:01 AM
Dublin Buy Another Title Shocker!

Who cares if they do a three-in-a-row? Da Dubs are a Croke Park project and every person sitting at the top table should be ashamed of the manner in which this current funding is continued.

Any GAA person worth their salt would not be happy with the way Dublin are gathering up titles, but then again, we're talking about Cromwell's Cohorts here..........

Also, a (recent?) interview with John Costello stating that Dublin funding will not be reduced in the future. So the Dublin CB are dictating terms to CP?

They could end the year with a Leinster to their name