Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Doogie Browser

He has to go, primarily because they let me down for a great bet last night!  Had West Brom, Blackburn, Chelsea and Celtic all HT/FT  :-[

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 25, 2010, 09:43:27 AM
Getting rid of Mowbray now will only enhance Celtic's chances in the Scottish Cup. Not one of his signings has been a success, his tactics are woeful, he cannot motivate and indeed Celtic are a team without leaders, while the likes of Hartley, Mc Manus and Robson, all competetent leaders, are wasting their time in the Englsh Championship.Even quality players like Keane and Mc Geady are crap now >:(

Interesting to hear Mc Avennie and Burley last night almost pleading for him to go immediately.

While Strachan's time was up last summer, I felt the team he left behind required only minro adjustments in midfield , left back and another striker. Mowbray has ripped a good core apart for replacements who are demonstrably worse thah waht was there already.

Also if Strachan had had the luxury of bringing in Robbie Keane last January Celtic would have won four titles in a  row.
balls tony - only robson (when not inj as he has been for most of the past two seasons) would be an addition in the team.
N'Guemo a v good player. Tactically mowbray is on a par with strachan - so far its poor.
the Celtic team were obv so good they had lost a massive lead in the league and were runners up.
thats hardly the sign of a good team to take over.
imo they were rubbish. the sam players were rubbish until Jan.
Mowbrays new signings are good and bad.
brafield - great going forward - cant defend (same as fox - who left as his missus wanted out of scotland)
hoiveld - injured since he joined
Rogne - looked great but inj most of the time since he joined too
fortune - cant play against packed defences
rasmussen - looks great but Mogga keeps him on the flippin bench !
ki - ok at times
zheng - ok at times , not good enough for hard tackling football imo
Keane - great because he's Irish, but takes too many chances to miss before he scores.

A new manager wont be appointed before the end of the season, so Mowbray needs to stay to keep some semblence of continuity and stability for the cup.

Club Rossa

Any man that has Celtic in his football bet deserves to lose money!!
What were you thinking?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 25, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
Any man that has Celtic in his football bet deserves to lose money!!
What were you thinking?
I know, I know!
I was sucked into the 'must win' aspect of the game and the fact Rangers beat St Mirren with about 6 men on Sunday!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 09:51:02 AM
balls tony - only robson (when not inj as he has been for most of the past two seasons) would be an addition in the team.
N'Guemo a v good player. Tactically mowbray is on a par with strachan - so far its poor.
the Celtic team were obv so good they had lost a massive lead in the league and were runners up.
brafield - great going forward - cant defend (same as fox - who left as his missus wanted out of scotland)
ki - ok at times
Keane - great because he's Irish, but takes too many chances to miss before he scores.

A new manager wont be appointed before the end of the season, so Mowbray needs to stay to keep some semblence of continuity and stability for the cup.

Been said countless times but its obvious he should have kept a few of the players he didnt fancy long term, people like Robson, McManus or even Hartley, to help him through the season or two that he was building a new team. He ripped the heart out of the previous squad and replaced it with loan signings, there is a lack of character and spirit in that squad. The squad left by Strachan needed surgery but Mowbray has botched it and left a shambles.

You say N'Guemo is a very good player. He has had his moments but overall pretty middling. In the aftermath of the previous Old Firm game was he talking about the match and what it meant to have lost? No he was wondering where he would be playing when his loan was up, saying he might stay with Celtic but would prefer to try and move to England. The other loan men much the same, all saying they are only there for the short term. Totally wrong attitude and you wouldnt have had that from people like Robson and Hartley. Mowbray clearly didnt rate the squad he inherited but the way he has gone about 'improving' it has been laughable. Nobody has explained to me yet the paradox of Mowbray asking for time to get his long term project in place whilst filling his team with short term loan signings. 

Some fans on here are obsessesed with talking down Strachan and are blinded by that. They should forget Strachan, this is all about Mowbray and the mess he alone has created at Parkhead.

T Fearon

Very simple, this time last year we had the Cis Cup in the cabinet and were strongly in contention for the league.

This year we have no trophies, the league is a lost cause and we're suffering our worst domestic humiliation in 30 years and its not ven Rangers who are responsible >:(

That scenario sums up the managers last year and this year and I know which one I'd rather have.

the colonel

That craic about losing those players is pure balls. McManus was absolutely horrible for the last year. Brutal defender. If Robson was so good why was he no use up until January? Hartley was steadyish but couldn't cross the half way line. Never showed half the ability he did at hearts. Skippy was wanting to go. Only one I would have kept was Caldwell. Next thing will be that big Jan shouldn't have left either! Catch a grip lads, but it is Mowbray's time to go.
the difference between success and failure is energy

clarshack

mowbray has to walk and preferably today. his position is untenable.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 25, 2010, 10:17:22 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 09:51:02 AM
ki - ok at times

Been said countless times but its obvious he should have kept a few of the players he didnt fancy long term, people like Robson, McManus or even Hartley, to help him through the season or two that he was building a new team. He ripped the heart out of the previous squad and replaced it with loan signings, there is a lack of character and spirit in that squad. The squad left by Strachan needed surgery but Mowbray has botched it and left a shambles.

You say N'Guemo is a very good player. He has had his moments but overall pretty middling. In the aftermath of the previous Old Firm game was he talking about the match and what it meant to have lost? No he was wondering where he would be playing when his loan was up, saying he might stay with Celtic but would prefer to try and move to England. The other loan men much the same, all saying they are only there for the short term. Totally wrong attitude and you wouldnt have had that from people like Robson and Hartley. Mowbray clearly didnt rate the squad he inherited but the way he has gone about 'improving' it has been laughable. Nobody has explained to me yet the paradox of Mowbray asking for time to get his long term project in place whilst filling his team with short term loan signings. 

Some fans on here are obsessesed with talking down Strachan and are blinded by that. They should forget Strachan, this is all about Mowbray and the mess he alone has created at Parkhead.
hartley was done too - was poor even last season

as for n'guemos attitude - thats unfortunately par fo the course for all players these days.

when you see the celtic and rangers  players walking off arms around each other laughing away after a game - you know things have changed dramatically - not saying that this is a completely bad thing though.. just times have changed...thats the modern day player.
to be fair to n'guemo, he has a couple of months left on a loan deal, playing for a dreadful side - i'd worry about my future too and also hope some cash rich club in the epl came in for me...

Doogie Browser

No matter, Mowbray has to go now and not the end of the season.  Peter Grant should have enough about him to win the Scottish Cup with that group.

sammymaguire

Scottish football is just pure pish lads almost on par with League of Ireland.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

T Fearon

Lynchboy, I think you'll find Celtic and Rangers players always got on well together. Reading Tommy Gemmell's book they all used to meet up for a piss up in an upstairs bar room in Central Glasgow every Saturday night. No closer friends are there than Billy Mc Neill and John Greig. Grieg even appears at length on the recent DVD of Billy Mc Neiil's Celtic career.

Scottish Football has declined dramatically and is certainly heading for League of Ireland standard unless something is done and fast. But I think where Rangers are winning big time is the number of Scottish and North of Ireland based players who are Rangers minded and therefore show a bit more passion and are managed well by an experienced boss. Give me Mc Manus, Hartley, Caldwell and Robson's passion any day of the week over the likes of Fortune and N'Guemo who are not familiar with the hype and passion and simply don't seem to care, add to that their mismanagement and you have tyhe story.

I would entrust the Celtic first team into the hands of Mc Grain and Lennon for the rest of this season, this would rally the fans and they simply couldn't be any worse than Mowbray at the very least.

Stand by for Celtic Park's lowest crowd in decades on Saturday if changes are not made

charlieTully

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 25, 2010, 11:38:22 AM

f**k off back to the horses sammy and never worry yourself about scottish football. T.M should do the decent thing and resign, this is the worst result since barns and the caley result.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 25, 2010, 11:50:30 AM
Lynchboy, I think you'll find Celtic and Rangers players always got on well together. Reading Tommy Gemmell's book they all used to meet up for a piss up in an upstairs bar room in Central Glasgow every Saturday night. No closer friends are there than Billy Mc Neill and John Greig. Grieg even appears at length on the recent DVD of Billy Mc Neiil's Celtic career.

Scottish Football has declined dramatically and is certainly heading for League of Ireland standard unless something is done and fast. But I think where Rangers are winning big time is the number of Scottish and North of Ireland based players who are Rangers minded and therefore show a bit more passion and are managed well by an experienced boss. Give me Mc Manus, Hartley, Caldwell and Robson's passion any day of the week over the likes of Fortune and N'Guemo who are not familiar with the hype and passion and simply don't seem to care, add to that their mismanagement and you have tyhe story.

I would entrust the Celtic first team into the hands of Mc Grain and Lennon for the rest of this season, this would rally the fans and they simply couldn't be any worse than Mowbray at the very least.

Stand by for Celtic Park's lowest crowd in decades on Saturday if changes are not made
you didnt find Sutton, Hartson, Larsson, alan Thompson, Mjallby, Reiper, McStay, Cadete, Di Canio,  McCarthy, Rogan, joe Miller etc etc palling about with the rangers players - only the likes of charlie nicholas did
but off the field thats not so bad, but none of them in my memory ever hugged each other immediately after a game and walked off together chatting - thats a recent phenomenon !
thats hugely different to 'getting on' with each other - and a large number of ex Clets did not 'get on' with rangers players - and you will find that a lot of rangers and ex-rangers players were very anti Celtic let alone be 'friendly' with Celts - though people like butcher, hately, gasgoine, gough, gorham etc might now speak to ex Cletis - they wouldnt back then !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 25, 2010, 11:38:22 AM
in terms of the cost of players thats not quite correct.
in terms of football ability , they are on a par with the eng 'championship' imo.
in terms of entertainment and decent soccer played - they are on a par with the eng prem apart from a few notable top level team exceptions (ie man u, arsenal, chelsea, man city , everton

though this season is poor in comparison to prev spl seasons. I def think the poor condition of pitches have played their part - and that could be down to the weather.
Aberdeen, motherwell, hibs, dundee utd and at times hearts and even falkirk (before this year) all played a good brand of attacking soccer that was fast, hard tackling but flowing entertainement (apart from when they would play Cletic or rangers - when there would be 11 men behind the ball).
this season I have not seen as many games, but what i have seen is not as good as the prev few seasons (indeed falkirk have changed to be a route one side).

the Irish soccer league - whatever it is called these days - is so bad that I'd still fancy my chances playing in it.