Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the colonel

Tony has showed over last few months on this thread and the one's he has started about former armagh players/managers that he seems to love being miserable. Thank god I have no interest in reading the spurs page.
the difference between success and failure is energy

T Fearon

I would point out Middlesbro's highly credible 2-2 draw with Newcastle (a premiership team in all but name), and its a game they should have won and both goals came from players discarded by Mowbray ;)

Anyone who thinks that a laboured win over Kilmarnock is turning the corner needs to have their head examined

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 15, 2010, 11:13:17 AM
I would point out Middlesbro's highly credible 2-2 draw with Newcastle (a premiership team in all but name), and its a game they should have won and both goals came from players discarded by Mowbray ;)

Anyone who thinks that a laboured win over Kilmarnock is turning the corner needs to have their head examined

boro's recent form since strachan joined and wigans defensive record (with the improvement in defence since christmas) speaks greater volumes imo !

I read an article yesterday that stated that mcdonald was looking to leave Celtic - and heard over the weekend it was because he wanted a big payday for transferring and it was going to be his last chance - while he still had a good name for being a goalscorer.
Wasnt so good this season before he left!

I agree that Celtic should be beating the heck out of all the teams in the spl inc rangers - but they havent been doing that this past 5 years now have they !
Its not easy trying to pick through 10 man defences on ploughed field pitches !

T Fearon

Well Rangers seem to be making a fair fist at it.

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on March 15, 2010, 11:13:17 AM

I see Caldwell had a blinder for Wigan at the weekend ::) another player discarded by Mowbray.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 15, 2010, 12:13:01 PM
so I see
a great 3-3 result for them yesterday alright !

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Indeed, given Rangers have lost 1 SPL match over the past 12 months they clearly dont have so many problems "picking through 10 men defences on ploughed field pitches". Suppose the refs are on their side though and the other teams probably pour water on the park before they play Celtic and put in more effort against the Hoops :D. Fact is the Old Firm have so budgets so far advanced in comparison to the rest that, properly managed, they should lose very few matches. 

Interesting comments in the paper the other day from Hartson. Said he had believed Mowbray was the man for the job but was astonished he moved on players like McManus and Robson who were leaders on the pitch and the kind of guys Mowbray could have used during a transitional period. Said it was incredible that O' Dea came back from a loan spell at Reading where he couldnt get a game and was immediately handed the Celtic armband.

Good win for Celtic at the weekend but its too little too late, even if they win the Scottish Cup its a poor return for the season. Nor with all the loan players is there much suggestion of Mowbray working towards a more prosperous long term.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 15, 2010, 12:25:34 PM
Indeed, given Rangers have lost 1 SPL match over the past 12 months they clearly dont have so many problems "picking through 10 men defences on ploughed field pitches". Suppose the refs are on their side though and the other teams probably pour water on the park before they play Celtic and put in more effort against the Hoops :D. Fact is the Old Firm have so budgets so far advanced in comparison to the rest that, properly managed, they should lose very few matches. 

Interesting comments in the paper the other day from Hartson. Said he had believed Mowbray was the man for the job but was astonished he moved on players like McManus and Robson who were leaders on the pitch and the kind of guys Mowbray could have used during a transitional period. Said it was incredible that O' Dea came back from a loan spell at Reading where he couldnt get a game and was immediately handed the Celtic armband.

Good win for Celtic at the weekend but its too little too late, even if they win the Scottish Cup its a poor return for the season. Nor with all the loan players is there much suggestion of Mowbray working towards a more prosperous long term.
well they were doing it this season so its understandable them being moved on I suppose

T Fearon

I have met or read no one who supports Mowbray. Indeed Alan Brazil, a man with huge Celtic leanings, was scathing of him recently in his Sunday Post column and Hugh Keevins said that Strachan and Mowbray both faced huge rebuilding tasks in their first year, but that Strachan had carried out his far more successfully than Mowbray.

Now I was not averse to a change of manager last summer, but only on the basis that Strachan's replacement had a demonstrably better track record than he did, but that was never the case with Mowbray and if anything my modicum of faith in him at the time of his appoinment has completely vanished.

I heard the other day though from a reliable source, that in the medium to longer term, Lennon will be the future head honcho at Celtic Park ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: T Fearon on March 15, 2010, 01:02:14 PM
I have met or read no one who supports Mowbray. Indeed Alan Brazil, a man with huge Celtic leanings, was scathing of him recently in his Sunday Post column and Hugh Keevins said that Strachan and Mowbray both faced huge rebuilding tasks in their first year, but that Strachan had carried out his far more successfully than Mowbray.

Now I was not averse to a change of manager last summer, but only on the basis that Strachan's replacement had a demonstrably better track record than he did, but that was never the case with Mowbray and if anything my modicum of faith in him at the time of his appoinment has completely vanished.

I heard the other day though from a reliable source, that in the medium to longer term, Lennon will be the future head honcho at Celtic Park ;)

You really, really don't get this debating lark, do you?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

T Fearon

I see its Hibs or Ross County in the Scottish Cup semi final. Lets hope and pray its Ross County.

On second thoughts maybe it would be better if is was Hibs, the loss of a Scottish Cup Final to the huns might just be a step too far this season.

lynchbhoy

not much of a 'supporter' are you !

as for lennon being head honcho....just having played for Celtic is not a good enough qualification...imo thats not even a qualification
Celtic need to speculate to accumulate
no more of these bargain basement appointments

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 15, 2010, 02:44:09 PM

as for lennon being head honcho....just having played for Celtic is not a good enough qualification...imo thats not even a qualificationCeltic need to speculate to accumulate

TONY MOWBARY !!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Reports in the Scottish media today that Celtic after Jose Goncalves (Hearts defender) on a free transfer. If this happens Mick could be realised.
He can play CB or LB.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on March 15, 2010, 05:31:27 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 15, 2010, 02:44:09 PM
as for lennon being head honcho....just having played for Celtic is not a good enough qualification...imo thats not even a qualificationCeltic need to speculate to accumulate
TONY MOWBARY !!
yes  exactly - and while he was a good Celtic player, that does not mean he will be a good Celtic manager and he , like strachan are the bargain basement types that Celtic need to stop appointing. Yes Celtic supporters will support them as managers, but a side like Celtic need to find finances to bring a top notch manager to Celtic park.