The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2020, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: Armamike on June 07, 2020, 10:09:54 PM
It seems Chelsea were the only ones willing to meet the release clause. The lad had few options.  I very much doubt Chelsea was top of his list.  Very good player as he is, but the top clubs of Europe weren't making a move. Coronavirus has changed the football landscape and clubs aren't willing to outlay that kind of money at the moment.  Chelsea had funds left over from the Hazard deal and a lack of transfer spend the past few windows. Chelsea will need to invest a bit more in the other end of the pitch before they're transformed.
The guy wanted to marry a Miss World but had to settle for a Rose of Tralee contestant....

In fairness, Chelsea have won something nearly every year for about 20 years now. Even when they are crap they still pull it out of the bag somehow.

J70

In keeping with the time that's in it, Simon Hughes has a piece up on The Athletic today on the history of the slave trade and racism in Liverpool and its potential effects on the careers of black players from the city. Apparently TAA and Victor Anichebe are the only two Liverpool-reared players to have played for than 100 games for either Liverpool or Everton and only seven in total have played more than 100 league games for any club since Howard  Gayle left.

https://theathletic.com/1850030/2020/06/09/liverpool-and-racism/

johnnycool

Everton IIRC were one of the last Div1 teams to have a black player in their first team, not good.

I take that back, they'd a lad playing in 1966 who was mixed race..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trebilcock#:~:text=Michael%20Trebilcock%20(born%2029%20November,in%20an%20FA%20Cup%20Final.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@AnfieldEdition
FT: #LFC 6-0 Blackburn Rovers

Goalscorers:

Mane
Minamino
Keita
Matip
Hoever
Clarkson

It might be our year lads??

quit yo jibbajabba

If big Jeremys poppin up with an oul goal ye know things are goin well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 11, 2020, 03:27:51 PM
Quote@AnfieldEdition
FT: #LFC 6-0 Blackburn Rovers

Goalscorers:

Mane
Minamino
Keita
Matip
Hoever
Clarkson

It might be our year lads??

Omens are good. 30 year wait is over
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Can't see the Arse doing us any favours tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on June 17, 2020, 08:10:27 PM
Can't see the Arse doing us any favours tonight.

Two wins needed out of nine?

Shouldn't need any favours.

laoislad

The gap is down to 22 points...

gawa316

Boycey

Only game I really paid interest in since the restart was Spurs/Utd which was tolerable with the steamed crowd noise. I just seen the last 10 mins of 1st half of Merseyside derby, while queueing in the chipper. Jaysus it's a horrendous spectacle with no crowd noise ..

Tony Baloney

Bag of shite and I'm sick to the back teeth of looking at Lovren in a red jersey. Get that cnut out.

Capt Pat

A predictable outcome and a poor game.

Hopefully Salah will be good to go against Palace, Salah and Robertson were badly missed.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2020, 08:42:07 PM
Bag of shite and I'm sick to the back teeth of looking at Lovren in a red jersey. Get that cnut out.
They looked a bit leggy, the extra time in the Atlético Madrid game wouldn't have helped..