Down versus Mayo

Started by SamFever, June 10, 2019, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 21, 2019, 01:18:24 PM
The Mayo team according to the Connacht telegraph.

David Clarke
Chris Barrett, Brendan Harrison, Keith Higgins
Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Patrick Durcan
Aidan O'Shea, Diarmuid O'Connor,
Fionn McDonagh Jason Doherty, Conor Loftus,
Kevin McLoughlin, Darren Coen and Andy Moran.

Four changes to their starting 15 from the team that started against Roscommon. Hennelly,Ruane,Boland and Regan out and in are Clarke,Boyle,Moran and McDonagh,

Plunkett dropped also i think.

Harsh on Boland imo, he had a decent 2nd half against Roscommon. Doc, DOC and McLoughlin all played worse than him

MayoBuck

David Clarke

Four changes to their starting 15 from the team that started against Roscommon. Hennelly,Ruane,Boland and Regan out and in are Clarke,Boyle,Moran and McDonagh,

Plunkett out and Loftus in as well. Thought Regan and Boland did quite well the last day but i suppose a lot can change in 4 weeks.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 21, 2019, 01:25:06 PM

David Clarke

Plunkett dropped also i think.

Harsh on Boland imo, he had a decent 2nd half against Roscommon. Doc, DOC and McLoughlin all played worse than him

That would be correct and of course Loftus didn't start the last day so 5 changes.

UpMeeyo

Any chance the telegraph is wrong?

any team named that doesnt have coc starting is worrying.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: UpMeeyo on June 21, 2019, 01:47:40 PM

Not at all. Any team that starts Andy and Boyler cannot go wrong.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Would hardly throw COC in from the start with little football played. He apparently came off the bench in a recent challenge v Clare with 20 minutes to go and something similar will likely happen here.

Anyway i'm expecting no shock in this game. A fairly routine victory for Mayo probably something like 1-16 to 0-13.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 21, 2019, 01:52:34 PM

Surely you jest, at least with the former.
if so, 60% of all attacks will end up at the corner flag. Game will stop, ball recycled out, and lets start all over again.
Dont mean to be overly critical, but if that is forward line out, Down manager will be fairly happy.

rosnarun

any word on ger Caff ?
also under what set of circumstance do either Crowe and drake start or or they only still there because it cause Horan to have a little chuckle
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

spoofer

Was wondering about Ger Caff as well? Also is Cian Hanley still involved or is he injured? He never seems to get mentioned much anymore and certainly has hugh potential.

yellowcard

Quote from: Lotto on June 20, 2019, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: ck on June 20, 2019, 01:11:29 PM
Heard the Carlow coach Poacher on Newstalk speaking up Down saying there was a buzz in the county and they'll run Mayo close. I think the buzz will soon end on Saturday as Mayo will hammer them out of sight!
I predict that Mayo will mark their All-Ireland intentions this weekend and show that they haven't gone away.

Why does anyone give this idiot any airplay at all? Don't get me started about that knob and as for his view that the county is buzzing, well I don't know where he lives but there is far from a buzz in any place I have been in Down lately. The supporters are so flat about this Down style of play, it's just not us. I fear for Saturday night and feel we could get a trimming, we've rode our luck all year in so many games but this could be the end of the road. I hope Poacher stays in Carlow, to keep him the hell away from us and I'm a Down man.

He isn't on his own though, there are a select group of new age coaches from all over the country who think they have reinvented the wheel by trying to over-complicate the game. They build their careers on this gobbledygook and most of them massage each others ego to protect this particular form of bullshit. Build up a profile, write a newspaper column and you can do well for yourself out of it.   

Farrandeelin

Quote from: joemamas on June 21, 2019, 01:57:48 PM

Surely you jest, at least with the former.
if so, 60% of all attacks will end up at the corner flag. Game will stop, ball recycled out, and lets start all over again.
Dont mean to be overly critical, but if that is forward line out, Down manager will be fairly happy.

Yes. With both. Boyle has been a good servant but I feel he should be used as a sub these days.

From the Bunker

Yes, if the year was 2017! It's now 2019, and these lads are auld bucks!

Hound

Feck sake, not good starting Boyle and Moran. Might Plunkett be injured I wonder?
Otherwise, a smell of reactionary desperation to that selection, which I wouldn't have expected from Horan. Of course, could all be smokescreen.

Hup Maigh Eo

larryin89

Carr, Reape and diskin all played club tonight, something amiss , wasn't all bull
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on June 21, 2019, 10:47:27 PM
Carr, Reape and diskin all played club tonight, something amiss , wasn't all bull

Moy Davitts weren't playing tonight. Unless it was a challenge match.