Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Quote from: AFM on February 23, 2020, 10:13:03 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2020, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 09:46:06 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on February 23, 2020, 09:00:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing the penalty replay on TV, was hard to tell from where I was in the stand, other than to say I've no time for Cassidy from Derry .... far too whistle happy for my liking.

Armagh were superb going forward in first half, defence shockingly bad in second.  Soupy seems to be the only forward we have capable of running at a defence.  Watched him limp off after the game, seemed to be in bother.

You'll see nothing on that joke of a program.

Looks like their division 2 coverage is finished

Getting worse every year. Yet people moan about Sky?

Turned it off as soon as I saw pundits.

Where are sky since last August?

AFM

Tickets available for Fermanagh game online but now no option to print at home like every other week, so pay £1.95 postage and hope they arrive, what a truly amateur, balls of an organisation the GAA is - yeah yeah big shots be shouting its only 1.95 the point is if they can allow you to print one week why not the next.  And as for the game itself nowdays they have created a monster, get a lead lie down and feign injuries all over the place or drag and block players off the ball with no repercussions, there is probably 40 minutes of football played in a match, its getting to be awful as a sceptical to watch.

Armamike

McGeeney's strength as a footballer was that he could close down space in the centre of defence, and he could tackle.  It's a bit odd how his team is the polar opposite.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Cunny Funt

Cavan top and are looking most likely to gain promotion. Some turn around for them from round 1. They seem to a have a group of players that respond well to constructive criticism and have one of the best managers in the league.

Hard to know who will join them with Westmeath, Laois, Armagh and Roscommon all in the mix.

A three way battle between Kildare, Clare, Fermanagh for relegation, Fermanagh v Clare in round 6 could be a decider.

Itchy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 24, 2020, 11:49:56 AM
Cavan top and are looking most likely to gain promotion. Some turn around for them from round 1. They seem to a have a group of players that respond well to constructive criticism and have one of the best managers in the league.

Hard to know who will join them with Westmeath, Laois, Armagh and Roscommon all in the mix.

A three way battle between Kildare, Clare, Fermanagh for relegation, Fermanagh v Clare in round 6 could be a decider.

Cavan still have Roscommon and Kildare to play, both will be fighting hard for different reasons.

tonto1888

It's hard to say one team or another are most likely to gain promotion at the moment

Blowitupref

Division 2 for 2021 if the current odds are to believed

Mayo
Meath
Roscommon
Laois
Westmeath
Kildare
Cork
Down
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Westside

I think Cavan will beat Clare but fail to beat Kildare and Roscommon. Two teams we rarely get past.

Armagh and Roscommon to go up.

balladmaker

What's the decision criteria when tied on points ..... scoring difference first, head to head second?

tonto1888

Must be scoring difference as we are currently ahead of Laois. Although there are more than 2 teams tied on 5

Rossfan

As has been the norm for a good few years now - 2 teams lever =head to head result.
If the head to head was a draw or more than 2 teams level = score difference.
After that it goes down to highest scores and a playoff....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

naka

I thought it is simply scoring percentages as  I remember Armagh losing to Meath a few years back and it killed them in the relegation stakes

illdecide

Yeah if two teams are level on pts it goes to head to head but if there are 3 or more teams on the same pts it goes to scoring difference. I for the life of me can't understand why people keep tipping Armagh for promotion...It's possible Armagh might not pick up another point and could be relegated. Our away record it terrible and we're away to two teams fighting for their lives. Our only home game left is against the Rossies and I fancy Roscommon to win the rest of their matches and get promoted.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

Anything is possible in this mad Division.
Probably safe to say Kildare, Clare or Fermanagh won't get promoted but after that.....
Our immediate aim is to beat Westmeath Sunday to ensure we avoid relegation.
2 away games then v Armagh and Cavan so not an easy finish.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Ciaran Branagan.
This should be fun
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered