The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

HiMucker

Honestly I thought he had been stealing a living the last few years. Was surprised Southampton appointed him in the first place and I am not surprised he has been sacked.

Cunny Funt

Southampton in 2015,16,17 finished 6th,7th and 8th in the EPL. At the weekend Mark Hughes said something along the lines of they can't expect to be doing much better and to expect another relegation battle on their hands this season. I'd say once listening to that the board said thanks Mark but i think we'll replace you with a manager with a bit more ambition.

rodney trotter

They haven't won in the last 8 games. It was better against Utd but they threw away a 2 goal lead, at home.

Ex Leipzig manager  hasenhuttl favourite to take over. He might inspire them like Pochettino or Koeman.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 03, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
Southampton in 2015,16,17 finished 6th,7th and 8th in the EPL. At the weekend Mark Hughes said something along the lines of they can't expect to be doing much better and to expect another relegation battle on their hands this season. I'd say once listening to that the board said thanks Mark but i think we'll replace you with a manager with a bit more ambition.

Not kept much of an eye on Southampton fortunes but weren't they in the bottom 3 when he took them over late last season? The seem to have sold an inordinate number of decent players over the last 4/5 years whats their recruitment been like?

Hughes was hardly an inspired choice at the time. He'll likely appear at some top half championship side sooner rather than later.

Young Obefami looked ok the other night..

From the Bunker

PLAYER   FROM   FEE   DATE
Pierre Hojbjerg   B Munich   £12,800,000   11 Jul, 2016
Alex McCarthy   C Palace   Undisc.   01 Aug, 2016
Jeremy Pied   Nice   Free   01 Aug, 2016
Sofiane Boufal   Lille   £16,000,000   28 Aug, 2016
Manolo Gabbiadini   Napoli   £14,600,000   30 Jan, 2017
Martin Caceres   Juventus   Free   12 Feb, 2017
Will Ferry   Bury   Undisc.   01 Jul, 2017
Jan Bednarek   Lech Poznan   £5,700,000   01 Jul, 2017
Mario Lemina   Juventus   £18,100,000   08 Aug, 2017
Wesley Hoedt   Lazio   £15,000,000   22 Aug, 2017
Guido Carrillo   Monaco   £19,000,000   25 Jan, 2018
Stuart Armstrong   Celtic   £7,000,000   26 Jun, 2018
Mohammed Elyounoussi   Basel   £16,000,000   29 Jun, 2018
Angus Gunn   Man City   £10,000,000   10 Jul, 2018
Jannik Vestergaard   Mgladbach   £18,000,000   13 Jul, 2018

153 Million spent!

Boycey

Christ I've only heard of 3/4 of them, and mental as it seems 150 odd million is feck all especially over 3 years. Their outbox is tidy I'd say for same period of over last five years say

Insane Bolt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46498849

Disgraceful treatment of Sterling, watched the clip on tv and those giving the abuse are scumbags who should get lifetime bans.

Boycey

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 09, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

Disgraceful treatment of Sterling, watched the clip on tv and those giving the abuse are scumbags who should get lifetime bans.

The treatment of Sterling (amongst others) has long been lamentable. It probably started for him as he was leaving Liverpool he became a poster boy for the new age "sc**bag, money obsessed" footballer and has escalated since. The newspaper campaign against him has been bizarre.

Yesterday is less clear to me, I looked at that clip several times not able to figure out which guy I was looking out for until it was pointed out to me. Without being a lip reading expert I'd not like to see a man's life ruined on that clip alone. There have been over 3m views of that tweet and social media has overwhelming decided he's guilty - off with his head..

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on December 09, 2018, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 09, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

The treatment of Sterling (amongst others) has long been lamentable. It probably started for him as he was leaving Liverpool he became a poster boy for the new age "sc**bag, money obsessed" footballer and has escalated since. The newspaper campaign against him has been bizarre.

Yesterday is less clear to me, I looked at that clip several times not able to figure out which guy I was looking out for until it was pointed out to me. Without being a lip reading expert I'd not like to see a man's life ruined on that clip alone. There have been over 3m views of that tweet and social media has overwhelming decided he's guilty - off with his head..

Yeah it's not clear cut at all, but trial by twitter only ends one way
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Insane Bolt

No harm to you lads but Stevie Wonder could see what was said.....'Fcking black cnut'. This type of abuse is passed off over here just like sectarianism is in the north. There is no place for it and it should be called out for what it is.

quit yo jibbajabba

Or Manc. Ive watched it a few times and still not sure sure tbh

Still a tube and looks terrible

Boycey

Yeah Manc is a definite possibility.

Looks terrible but let's be honest that happens every week at football (if its not racial)

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Boycey on December 09, 2018, 08:58:47 PM

Looks terrible but let's be honest that happens every week at football (if its not racial)

It's been going on for years but that should not excuse it. The powers that be in the FA are not outspoken enough on this issue.

Boycey

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 09, 2018, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 09, 2018, 08:58:47 PM

It's been going on for years but that should not excuse it. The powers that be in the FA are not outspoken enough on this issue.

Not quite sure how you stop fans shouting at players... Plenty of it in the GAA too.