The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Crete Boom

Fair play to Gatland , 3 grand slams in his Wales tenure which is equal to Ireland's amount in 136 years of Home/Five/Six nations rugby!
Wales and England looking a lot stronger than us heading into the World Cup?

Capt Pat

While today was disappointing I am glad Ireland are not going into the world cup as favourites. It has never suited us to be favourites. I am still looking forward to the world cup. We did beat New Zealand in the Autumn.

Tony Baloney

Opening the roof backfired massively. Knock on count for Ireland must be huge. Regroup and get ready for the WC and now that expectations have been re-aligned that should be seen as a positive.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2019, 04:57:42 PM
Opening the roof backfired massively. Knock on count for Ireland must be huge. Regroup and get ready for the WC and now that expectations have been re-aligned that should be seen as a positive.

Meh!! Same for both teams. Going into the World Cup without any expectation is fine. We're not as bad as we looked today let's get through the club season without injury we'll grand!!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 16, 2019, 04:55:38 PM
While today was disappointing I am glad Ireland are not going into the world cup as favourites. It has never suited us to be favourites. I am still looking forward to the world cup. We did beat New Zealand in the Autumn.

I hope you are right but when you look at the teams that go far in the World Cup they back it up whether they are favourites are not!! Momentum is huge going to a World Cup as well and we don't have that at all now!! I just worry for our confidence and teams now know if they get ahead of us early we struggle to chase games. Throw in the pressure of never getting past a quarter final I think it will be tough in the world cup!! I still think having Joe in charge is a huge advantage to us so I still have hope of a World Cup semi!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2019, 05:03:19 PM

Meh!! Same for both teams. Going into the World Cup without any expectation is fine. We're not as bad as we looked today let's get through the club season without injury we'll grand!!
Conditions the same for both teams but the outcome not the same for both teams when you INSIST on it being opened and then can't handle the conditions. You look a bit foolish in that case.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2019, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2019, 05:03:19 PM

Conditions the same for both teams but the outcome not the same for both teams when you INSIST on it being opened and then can't handle the conditions. You look a bit foolish in that case.
And shite for the spectators in first rows, though most looked too pissed to care.

Capt Pat

England must have found out Wales won the slam and were out of reach at half time.

Tony Baloney

Some match. Pity the jocks couldn't hold on.

Insane Bolt

No excuses Ireland were outplayed in all sectors....they never threatened the Welsh line ....so ......we go across to Twickenham😂 swing low....then holding on for a draw....
rugby is fickle....Wales look good, Ireland not so good, England...full of empty promises....
roll on the World Cup 😎

Helix.

Quote from: Insane Bolt on March 16, 2019, 07:44:53 PM
No excuses Ireland were outplayed in all sectors....they never threatened the Welsh line ....so ......we go across to Twickenham😂 swing low....then holding on for a draw....
rugby is fickle....Wales look good, Ireland not so good, England...full of empty promises....
roll on the World Cup 😎

4 warm up games  before the WC will be interesting hopefully build back up some level of momentum and keep injuries to minimum. Roll on the WC is right  :)

Sheugh Water

Wildweasel74

There's not a team in the North that go with New Zealand in a crunch World Cup game. there only threat might come from south africa

Milltown Row2

Let's get it simple, a semi final appearance will be a huge improvement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea