Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: rosnarun on April 11, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 11, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.

Unfortunately accurate.
no point in slagging him off at this point.
he did his stint for mayo and should be thanked for it

A good footballer with plenty of talent but probably just lacking a bit of an edge to his game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.

Unfortunately accurate.

A good footballer with plenty of talent but probably just lacking a bit of an edge to his game.

He's no worse than the likes of Evan Regan or Conor O'Shea. But I suppose you've more juice to stick on the panel when your big brothers are calling the shots and the manager doesn't want to offend them.

If Horan had some sense he'd have left him on for more than 15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF. Probably cost Horan and Mayo an AI.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 02:47:23 PM

Unfortunately accurate.

He's no worse than the likes of Evan Regan or Conor O'Shea. But I suppose you've more juice to stick on the panel when your big brothers are calling the shots and the manager doesn't want to offend them.

If Horan had some sense he'd have left him on for more than 15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF. Probably cost Horan and Mayo an AI.

agree with you there Syferus

highorlow

Quote[15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF. /quote]

34 mins he got. But then again when you and facts get together it's like a bad pint. Fu.ck off to some other thread ya cowboy.

Barry Regan was playing at the peak of his powers back then and never got a look in. Coulda woulda shouda
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on April 12, 2018, 03:22:21 PM
Quote[15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF.

34 mins he got. But then again when you and facts get together it's like a bad pint. Fu.ck off to some other thread ya cowboy.

How sure are you? https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/dublin-are-all-ireland-champions-29597446.html

He was subbed off in the 26th minute. Oops. Egg on your face, 'cowboy'.

Horan subbed him out far too early - it's as simple as that and ranting at a poster isn't going to distract from that fact.

Orchard park

27th in most reports for the mercurial Mikey Conroy...

Lar Naparka

Unfortunately accurate.

Come off it Syf, Alan hadn't been able to take a full part in training in the previous week because he had a bad dose of the flu. Horan took a gamble on his fitness and lost.  Alll that was reported in the local papers at the time.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

Unfortunately accurate.

Come off it Syf, Alan hadn't been able to take a full part in training in the previous week because he had a bad dose of the flu. Horan took a gamble on his fitness and lost.  Alll that was reported in the local papers at the time.

That was the excuse used publically, yes. If you don't know the rest of the story you're either lying or very poorly informed about your own county.

larryin89

Honestly,  some awful made up rubbish been posted here. This high stool type narrative about how Aido picks the team etc is the biggest load of crap ever to do the rounds, absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.  And now our Rossie friend here who is totally obsessed with all things mayo is trying to make out hes privy to information regarding the substitution of Alan Freeman in 13 final.

Will ya just shtop for the love of gawd.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Any word if Brendan Harrison is back or is he still injured?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2018, 05:50:45 PM

Pretty sure I read he didnt tog for Aghamore last weekend.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mano

Quote from: larryin89 on April 12, 2018, 05:35:12 PM
Honestly,  some awful made up rubbish been posted here. This high stool type narrative about how Aido picks the team etc is the biggest load of crap ever to do the rounds, absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.  And now our Rossie friend here who is totally obsessed with all things mayo is trying to make out hes privy to information regarding the substitution of Alan Freeman in 13 final.

Will ya just shtop for the love of gawd.
From my recollection of the 13 final Freeman was doing quite well. Conroy didn't make much of an impact as a sub.

Things were very frosty between Horan and Freeman in Coca-Cola (where they both worked) afterwards.

ballinaman

Blowitupref

Quote from: ballinaman on April 12, 2018, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2018, 05:50:45 PM
Unlikely to feature
Plenty of back up with Keith Higgins and Chris Barrett and Donal Vaughan all likely to feature v Galway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

Unfortunately accurate.

That was the excuse used publically, yes. If you don't know the rest of the story you're either lying or very poorly informed about your own county.
Syf, my son, you have problems that have nothing to do with what I know about Mayo football or about the Paddy Jackson either. I am genuinely concerned that you have anger management issues and serious ones at that. You have passed out Tubberman as the greatest serial abuser on this board and that's some achievement.
If you think you can lecture me about my my knowledge without knowing who I am or what I do, you are deluding yourself.
Look Syf, you are losing the plot, whether you accept this or not. You should talk to someone in a position to help you with your problems.
I'm being genuine here by the way. Anything you or anybody else on this board won't bother me too much but you have me worried.
Chill out..
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi